Chapter 056: Grandma Wu Teng
524 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Guys, join my Patreon and give me your money for more eager updates :blob_sweats:

 

As another tormenting night passed, Tian Lang sat before the expressionless principal, Shui Wu Hen. Ignoring her inexpressive face, his eyes followed her more expressive chest. Just the sight of those fleshy mounds reminded him of last night’s event.

Following Meng Delan’s voice Tian Lang unconsciously circulated the mystic body method. The foreign qi obediently followed the circulation and was distributed to the cells. However, contrary to both of their expectations, the cells rejected the energy.

The foreign qi was expelled out of the body, but the [Unquenchable Mystic Body] kept a firm grasp on them. They were refined until they met the cell’s absorption requirement and finally soaked in. Although the amount was abysmal compared to the former, they were split evenly.

When he became aware of the outside, the divine teacher became grumpy for some reason and looked at him with a stern expression. Since he had dined, Tian Lang wished to dash, but Meng Delan stopped him. When she heard the chaotic being wanted to sleep outside, she immediately expressed how sad she would feel if he did that.

In the end, he had to lay on that same bed but being the genius he was, Tian Lang turned to the side.

However, that turned out to be the worst decision.

Let’s not mention the lush mounds’ destructive power; the owner of those lethal weapons even hugged the chaotic being with the excuse of ‘sharing warmth.’ But when her legs accidentally touched his, the unscrupulous teacher shivered uncontrollably and squeezed their body tightly.

As for how reactive his body could get to breaths, Tian Lang had a first-hand experience. Simply speaking, it made him thirsty and fill with the desire to eat something.

However, Tian Lang was really prepared this time. He took the water pouch beside the bed and drank a mouthful of Jade Bamboo Water. Instantly, all thirst and desire melted away. Tian Lang felt himself submerged inside a bamboo garden, bamboo shoots growing all around him with bamboo mounds pressed against his back...

Wait, that’s not right.

They were still soft and lush.

Whatever.

Not that he was able to sleep or anything.

...

Seeing Tian Lang lost, Shui Wu Hen didn’t disturb his train of thought. The shock of the difference between male and female might’ve been too much for him, but the direction of his gaze told her otherwise. While wondering he might be thinking something terrible and immoral stuff, she couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable at that blatant gaze.

“Mhm,” coughing to attract his attention, Shui Wu Hen silently criticized herself. Being the weird person he was, she shouldn’t be surprised if he had no knowledge in that term either. Wouldn’t she be the one weird then? “I heard you didn’t follow Vice Principal’s arrangement that day. Where are you staying?”

Dragged out of his nightmare, Tian Lang took a moment to process her meaning and immediately explained in all righteousness, “Teacher Wu Hen, please do not believe that corrupted principal! He instructed me to get to the high-rise building and disappeared! I dunno how I got lost and failed to get back to the dorm. If it wasn’t for a teacher who couldn’t bear to see my pain, I would have to sleep on some tree in this cold!”

Tian Lang let out all his pent-up emotion. Only then he realized how big of a mistake he had made. Last time, he already figured out this vice-principal and principal were father and daughter. Now he just insulted the father to the daughter. His future looked bleak!

Tian Lang obviously thought too much. The impassive principal didn’t look bothered and nodded readily, “I see. I’ll contract the dorm manager. He will arrange a room for you if you ever feel like returning. Also, according to the arrangement, you will enter the Hell’s Class from today on.”

“Hell’s Class?” Tian Lang questioned. The name gave him a dangerous vibe.

The principal noticed the chaotic being’s hesitation and faintly smiled, “It’s nothing scary. Just a class program for serious students.”

“I’m not worried. That name is definitely weird, just that!” Tian Lang corrected the principal.

“Since you’ll enter a class with others, we won’t have a regular class today. Do you have anything questions? Else I can guide you to the class,” Shui Wu Hen didn’t comment on that topic and changed the subject.

Tian Lang thought for a moment. There was something that the principal left half-way which also happened to be something he needed to know, “Then, teacher, what rank is after Diamond Rank.”

“Rank for?”

“Grimoire.”

Quite particularly, even though Tian Lang had no intention to train beasts, he never missed anything about grimoires. It was like someone who never wished to attend a school, but since they had to join an academy, they would join Shang Jiang Academy or not at all! Similar to someone who didn’t want to eat fish but ordered the largest Tuan available.

“Sigh,” It was Shui Wu Hen’s sigh of defeat, “You just don’t know when to give up. It’s useless anyway... According to the records, the Grimoire Ranks are divided into two levels. The first level is from bronze to diamond rank. And the second level only has Holy and Divine Grimoire.”

Maybe afraid that Tian Lang would demand some strange thing, the principal added, “The difference between the two-tier is pretty much straightforward. Even if you have the strength, you can’t advance to the next tier. As for how to rank up, if you ever reach that height, you will know by then.”

Reach that height? Tian Lang had no need to reach that height! He could contract with a Divine Grimoire now, but did he want to? Ignoring the humans might have ways to know that he possessed a Grimoire, the spectacle created while forming a contract was enough to demotivate him.

Also, no matter how powerful humans were, one could only possess one Grimoire. Thanks to his Rankless Grimoire, he still had his Primary Contract Quota. He would definitely want to contract the highest-ranked possible!

“Is there nothing above Divine Grimoire? Like Dark Grimoire or Demon Grimoire...” Tian Lang already knew the Divine seemed opposite to Dark and Demon, so there should be similar types of Grimoire, right?

After having a dumb look on her face, the principal directly face-palmed. She had never heard anything as ridiculous as his words. Thankfully, it was not his first but definitely one of the most unique.

“Grimoire isn’t an element that will have an opposite type of Grimoire. In the end, we don’t know what Divine means at that level...” Shui Wu Hen’s voice trailed. She realized she said something unnecessary and stopped.

“Then... what’s above Divine Grimoire?” the chaotic being was hooked and not willing to let the matter go so quickly.

“Above Divine Grimoire? No one knows. If you want to find out, you have to surpass the Heaven Realm and find out.” Seeing that Tian Lang was still had the desire to question, she instantly took him a peg down, “I won’t continue this topic even if you ask more. In the first place, it’s unreasonable that you want to learn above Diamond Rank at your stage.”

Defeated, Tian Lang changed to weapons, “Then what about equipment? What’s above Diamond Rank?”

Shui Wu Hen faintly smiled and said, “If you ever obtain a Platinum-rank equipment, I’ll tell you.”

...

The principal of the Academy personally guided Tian Lang to a classroom.

According to her, Ivy Academy invited a prestigious senior teacher, Grandma Wu Teng, just for him. She had rich experience in the academic field. Naturally, she won’t teach him alone. He had to join her classes.

Grandma Wu Teng was not only a highly reputable plant-category Grandmaster, but she was also the most important one. She had a rich foundation knowledge that no one in the academy could compare.

At first, Tian Lang thought there would be many students who would come to her lecture. However, there were two little girls five to six years of age and two other students. Even after waiting quite a while, only three little girls joined the lecture.

Maybe it was because this was a foundation class. Almost no students came to this lecture.

Tian Lang tried to approach the weird-looking students that were present. But the two students quickly shook their hands, gesturing him not to sit too near to them, reason unclear.

Tian Lang also liked the idea of avoiding the skinny monkey and the human full of scars.

In the end, he threw a candy in his mouth and sat beside the girls. The girls were a bit too young? Like age mattered to Tian Lang when it came to girls!..

Wait, that sounded... just about right? Yeah!

...

From the conversations Tian Lang eavesdropped into, it seemed like all of them were either princess’ of all neighboring countries and even the Da Xia Empire, where they were situated in.

Tian Lang didn’t have the time to say ‘hi’ to the kids when a middle-aged lady entered the room.

“Students, I’m Teacher Wu Teng…” Tian Lang thought that Grandma Wu Teng would look like a benevolent old lady. Grandma gave the impression of an old lady, right? Who would have thought that he was actually completely wrong?

Grandma Wu Teng was a woman who didn’t look to be over fifty years old on the outside. Her face was rosy, and her skin was still exquisite. Her eyes seemed as clear as spring water. Other than a few wrinkles at the corner of her eyes, she didn’t look old at all.

The rationality and wisdom that she exuded made her character look incredibly unique. She looked as if nothing on earth would make her facial expression change. She looked gentle and serene as if a dried-up well that wouldn’t be affected by outside events.

If principal Shui Wu Hen hadn’t told him that this Grandma Wu Teng was actually the emperor of Da Xia Empire and the old cunning fox’s teacher, and had been teaching students for over 200 years, and her actual age was over 300 years old, he would definitely think that she was only in her late forties.

Grandma Wu Teng’s class was a little different from his everyday experience. She didn’t teach from books or any specific topics. Instead, she taught from her own experience.

After talking about the foundation knowledge about plant-category beasts for ten minutes, she stopped and asked with a smile, “Other than the plant-category related questions that we have just gone through, everyone can ask any question.”

“Can I ask about some beasts?” Tian Lang immediately asked.

“Go ahead.”

“Can you tell me about [Twin Flower Thorny Vines]?” Although the chaotic being had no intention of training beasts, if this beast turned out to be a good one, he might be willing to train it... only unwillingly! Not to mention they were the nemesis of demons.

“[Twin Flower Thorny Vines]?” Grandma Wu Teng frowned a little before continuing, “What you said sounds like a joint contract of two [Thorny Vines] of different evolution paths. These types of contracts are rare to see. Not only must the beasts have similar ranks and levels, but they also had other unknown factors for the contract to be successful. Their strength is much better than two separately contracted [Thorny Vines], but they take longer evolution time and require a huge amount of resources to evolve. I could tell you more if I saw the beasts or the record you found this from.”

As expected of the teacher even the principal thought highly of, Grandma Wu Teng possessed great wisdom. She could tell it was not a [Thorny Vine] with two flowers, but a double contract.

“Even if they are stronger, aren’t they still [Thorny Vines]? Why would someone waste their time on useless beasts?” the guy with scars all over his body said in a mocking tone.

Both Grandma Wu Teng and Tian Lang smiled at him. For the first time, Tian Lang felt he had an advantage in terms of knowledge, and all those history classes paid off. Else, he would’ve been like this guy, unaware and foolish.

17