Chapter 009: Den of Two-Legged Creatures
2k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A platinum wolf pup glared at the ground below him, growling from time to time. He even scratched the ground, looking rather crazy and idiotic.

Tian Lang was astounded when the leopard suddenly entered the ground. Wouldn’t he be able to avoid the two-legged creatures if he could enter the ground in the same fashion?! He immediately jumped and dove on the grounds with nose-first. As almost any sane creature would expect, his nose stopped at the ground, followed by his head and back.

His eyes faced the crystal clear sky with the occasional drifting clouds. His nose felt funny. Just a while ago he shoved his nose inside the water. Then he pushed it on the ground. Filling it with dust and soil... In the end, he let out another ground-shaking sneeze as he stood properly. His shadow, which he never thought something special of, suddenly rippled and twisted, as if it was worried.

Something popped in his head. Maybe, the leopard hadn’t entered the ground but his shadow. But he couldn’t enter his shadow likewise.

How would Tian Lang know that not anyone can enter in the shadow world. It was the latest ability of the leopard who evolved from Night Leopard to Shadow Leopard, Shadow Travelling. As long as the leopard had shadows connecting one another, it could travel between them. And in the shadows, its movement speed was boosted tremendously.

Tian Lang obviously had another plan to dive in his shadow, but he stopped at the last second. His ears twitched as he noticed the bushes moving. He wanted to rush and hide at the first moment, something he learned from the leopard. No matter how easy the prey looked, it always identified the prey, never taking anything lightly. However, he stopped as he surprisedly watched the tall, slim figures of the two-legged creatures. Not one, but three!

The pup, Tian Lang, shivered uncontrollably. He did see a lot of two-legged creatures gathering in one place, but they were all at a far distance away from him. This time, three of those stood just in front of him. His heartbeat started to quicken.

Should he run away? Or attack them?

The nervous pup soon realized, either of them didn’t seem feasible. Run away? He still remembers that day clearly. Even after running with all his might, that creature intercepted him so easily. Attack them? Don’t be funny, he couldn’t even scratch their soft looking skin. Attacking would be equal to suicide. He desperately wanted to hide in his shadow, but he already failed and trying something funny might irritate others.

Tian Lang might be fool-headed and not know his limit, he definitely understood absolute suppression. Like how he toyed with some weak beasts, that creature did the same with him. Even more serious, these creatures had a slight aura surrounding them.

Although it was pitiful and if these were the other beasts, he could kill them with a sweep of his claw. But combined with these two-legged creatures, Tian Lang didn’t dare to make any assumptions. Even without any energy that beautiful creature completely suppressed him, now these creatures had energies... he even shivered just by thinking about the possibilities. Two-legged creatures were seriously freak.

“Didn’t I tell you there’s no danger. See, it’s only a pup,” said one of the creatures, its voice high-pitched and immature.

“Hanying, don’t act rashly, that pup—”

“WOW! So cute!”

The other creatures wanted to warn the former, however, before they could do so, it already rushed ahead at the pup. Shouting happily.

Tian Lang already froze on his spot. His body tensed. All the aura that he failed to collect after much trying suddenly entered his body, becoming just a normal wolf pup. Even his presence became thinner. From their conversation he understood, they really didn’t consider him a threat. His shadow swayed slightly. With a glance, the leopard knew this group didn’t danger it or the pup in any way. If Tian Lang didn’t attack then it must mean he had some plans. Alas, it didn’t know his experience with those creatures.

The first two-legged creature Tian Lang met completely opened a new world for him. He was an overlord of mountains and valleys, but he couldn’t hold a candle against the mighty creatures of the world. At the same time, it cast a shadow under his heart.

Meanwhile, the excited creature took the cute pup in its hands and spun twice before hugging the pup with a blissful expression.

“Miss Hanying, get away from the pup right away!”

“Hanying!”

The other two immediately shouted.

The creature, Hanying, tilted its head. “Why? It’s such a cute puppy. I’ll bring it with me! Please~?” It pleaded towards the other two.

“Miss, that’s not a puppy, its a wolf pup and it already has an owner.” respectfully said the smaller one of the other two creatures.

“Eh?” The creature once again surveyed the pup again.

More than two-inches long platinum-colored fur, the smooth furs made even the ears look soft, and a pair of calm ocean-blue eyes. Just the long furs would resolve anyone’s notion to think of him as a wolf pup. Even after what the creature did, the pup didn’t have a single bit of fear or agitation in its eyes. Nose soaked and covered in dust. On its neck was a contrasting black collar made out of unknown material, and two words that caught anyone’s eyes.

Tian Lang

“Oo~ your name’s Tian Lang? Fufu, such a mighty name. I’m Han Hanying, you’re going to be my pet from now on. Protect me well, kay~?” The creature chirped happily as it hugged the pup against its chest.

(A/N: Tian Lang means Sky/Heavenly Wolf)

Tian Lang immediately reacted to the word pet and bared his fangs. However, the other two creatures immediately reacted as they both pointed their sharp blades at him. Tian Lang froze. He saw how mighty those sharp things were. They pierced through even their soft-looking impenetrable skin. He readily behaved like a child in the presence of his elder.

“Stupid, stupid! What are you doing?! Didn’t you hear me, it's my pet from now on!” Seeing its guard not regarding it, the creature, Hanying, immediately chastised them.

“B-but miss, that pup bared its fangs at you!”

“Enough!” Shutting them up, Hanying stroked the pup’s head, “Look how docile it is... and you, you must have had a few screws loose. Let us return, I’ll immediately fire you two.”

The younger of the creatures immediately bent a knee and begged, “Princess, please forgive us!” The older one with white hair didn’t say anything and only sighed. It seemed to be familiar with the other creature’s behavior. It only said: “Let us return.”

Although Tian Lang had no idea what was happening, he felt they were heading somewhere. Possibly their nest or lair. He considered for a moment before eventually losing himself to the comfortable petting and the soft bed. Although it wasn’t comparable to that creature, he had nothing to complain about. Especially looking at the other two creatures, he sent them a pitiful look.

Only you can blame yourselves for not having these soft mounds of flesh.

His thoughts were as such: Since the other two didn’t have two mounds, they were beneath this creature. And they could only blame themselves for not having such an exquisite pair of mounds of flesh.

Very soon, they arrived in front of a carriage.

Tian Lang observed the bizarre thing, it had four wheels and exquisite colors. At the most front was a pair of white quadruped beasts, almost two and a half meters in size. There was also a see-through thing that lets him see the interior. One of the other two-legged creatures took a seat at the front while the other two opened the entrance and entered the cave.

Unlike how one would expect from a cave the interior wasn’t dark at all. The see-through things even allowed light to enter the small room. Long long after the other two creatures sat down on the soft couch situated on either side of the room, the carriage started moving. The scenery on the window changed constantly, causing Tian Lang to be curious.

He wanted to jump down but was held by a soft bed and comfortable petting.

The other guard also seemed to calm down by now. Training a beast from the infant state is the best possible outcome for anyone. They are not just docile but also easy to control. Seeing that Tian Lang wasn’t like a normal fierce beast and rather comfortable, it slightly let down its guard but secretly guarded against him.

After a long boring ride and some incessant chatter of the creatures, the carriage finally stopped. Tian Lang was also hyped. He definitely arrived at the den of the two-legged creatures.

How would their dens look like?

Expectations filled his heart and mind to the brim. They would definitely have their den on an impressive looking mountain. The mountain might be bigger than anything he had seen. Or it might even be a gigantic tree or a floating island!

However, expectations are only expectations.

As soon as the creatures got out, he watched his surroundings blankly.

Bright, almost blinding surroundings. Let alone some impressive mountains, he hadn’t even seen the shadow of a mountain. However, there wasn’t any lack of different structures. It reminded him of the broken and torn apart structures inside the Valley of Immortal Ruins, but these were exquisite and undamaged, housing countless two-legged creatures.

Sea of two-legged creatures trotted here and there. One thing which caught his interest. Many of the creatures didn’t have two soft mounds sticking out of their chests. He felt saddened but there was still a lot, so he couldn’t complain. He only whined that there was none equal to that beautiful creature.

The creature holding him led him to even exquisite structure. As soon as the creature entered the structure, a different creature with white and golden skins greeted them as it bent one of its knees. “Princess, there’s order for your return.”

“What? Why so sudden? We still have to procure the herbs.”

“The herbs have already been secured. I’m just following the King’s order.”

“Didn’t we arrive with Princess Jun Yuan? She went to personally collect the herbs, we can’t leave without her.”

“Princess Jun Yuan has already returned. Thanks to her personally handling the matters, we were able to meet our quota even in such a short time. We shall regroup with her on the Blood Bone City.”

The creature didn’t linger any longer and immediately stepped back.

“Tsk,” the creature holding Tian Lang didn’t seem pleased. “Just when I thought I left the Empire behind...”

“Princess, we should prepare for our journey.” Two creatures from behind gently called out.

“Ah? I can’t even rest?”

As Hanying turned around, two pairs of bigger mounds filled Tian Lang’s eyes. He eyed them with great interest. Those were definitely better than his current bed. But it bothered him a little. Didn’t they have better mounds of flesh? Why were they acting respectful to this creature? Could it be his bigger mounds of flesh equal to bigger position was wrong?

“M’lady, you have to maintain your image.”

Suddenly another creature approached Tian Lang and gazed at him with great interest. “Ara, are you the new pet of our princess? You’re a cute one. Come with big sister, Princess Han has to prepare now.”

There was no further chatter as it took Tian Lang from Hanying and led them to a room. Leaving Tian Lang on a soft cushion, it murmured faintly, “Don’t go anywhere and behave, ok? If you behave I’ll give you tasty things. Oh, you might like beast crystals more. Ok, Big sister will be generous to the cute pup and give him a nice crystal, hehe.”

Beast Crystals!

Remembering the Dragon Crystals given by that beautiful creature still caused him to salivate. Like a kid tempted by chocolates, Tian Lang was like a guard dog, completely stout and firm.

Tian Lang looked at them quizzically, the creatures with bigger mounds of flesh separated Hanying’s outer skin layer by layer. Even if its outer layer, it should be painful to separate. Tian Lang suddenly felt relieved. They were punishing her, which means they definitely had a higher position than the creature called Hanying. He suddenly felt grateful that he finally learned something about the two-legged creatures as his bigger mounds of flesh equals bigger position theory didn’t seem wrong anymore.

They then led Hanying to another room. Hanying now only had its head full of black long furs and the soft, white back looked extremely weird. It had shoulder blades like birds but no wing. Just below was another pair of mounds! Sadly for him, they didn’t stick out like those at the front.

To think they had two pairs of mound sticking out of their body, this discovery astounded him to no end. He even wondered whether their powers were somehow related to these flesh mounds. Thinking more he felt it made sense. After all, there was no beast that had those similar-looking and extremely comfortable mounds of flesh.

As the creatures left him alone, Tian Lang had nothing to look at. Was he, who lived in the wilderness, someone to stay seated without doing anything? The answer was obviously no. No matter how mouth-watering temptation a dragon crystal bought, he couldn’t simply betray his curious and active self.

In a matter of moments, hell descended upon the room. Luxurious beds, stylish chairs and a myriad of different accessories, along with the outer skins worn by the two-legged creatures, were broken and torn apart to see how they worked. The only thing that stopped him was his other-self.

The mirror that reflected his self astonished him greatly. He remembered seeing something similar on the liquid a few hours ago. That time he barely had any excitement to pay attention but even that didn’t keep him occupied for long as he got bored since it did nothing other than imitating his actions.

Finally left with nothing, he halted before the door they led the creature called Hanying. However, before he could push the door open, a glorious view, which particularly hadn’t interested him, presented before his eyes.

Soft, white skin, almost glowing like jade. Drops of crystal clear liquid glistening above them, giving a more beautiful view. Long legs, size completely ridiculous compared to him. Just above was a serious injury that created a pink fleshy slit. It looked very serious, however, the creature didn’t seem to be in pain. Just above was a pair of moderate but towering—from his position—mounds that stuck out without any outer skin, especially with the pink nubs at the front, gave off a holy aura. 

Tian Lang squinted at the injury, a glistening crystal clear drop of liquid dripped from the slit, almost dropping on his nose!

However, no one cared about Tian Lang or the sparkling liquid, as the glorious view of the room captivated everyone’s hearts.

41