Chapter 011: Doesn’t Feel Bad to be Chased
1.6k 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Tian Lang had his path of retreat cut off. Behind him descended the hammer and a dagger in front. The sharp tool almost reached his neck, he could only block with his front paws but his back became completely exposed.

The hammer didn’t remain stagnant and kept descending upon him. As if perceiving his imminent danger, Tian Lang’s shadow flickered, twisting and turning, a faintly shining glow met with the hammer.

Clink!
Clunk!!

Both the dagger and the hammer got deflected back.

“Wha-?!” the burly creature with the hammer became surprised but immediately followed suit with seven earth-shattering strikes.

The maid also crisscrossed Tian Lang with continuous strike after another but Tian Lang had successfully deflected most of them. There were very few strikes than landed on his body.

“Tch, too light.” The maid murmured under its breath while glancing at Tian Lang, and the Leopard. “These kinds of beasts shouldn’t appear here. Did someone...? Moqi, be careful! These beasts are too strange.”

“I can see that... Fuck, here goes my break. How did you even let such a freak get here?” the burly creature countered the leopard which hurled at itself. The leopard had covered him thoroughly, he could hardly even speak.

The maid looked too stressed to even reply. Sharply glancing at the other maids, it uttered in an equally sharp tone, “What? Want me to feed you to dogs? Get out of here at once. Miss Han, please evacuate fast.”

The maids still couldn’t hide their surprise. How could their oldest sister turn so vicious but this got them finally moving.

Meanwhile, Tian Lang stared at his paws. Coincidentally, his claws fended the sharp tool as he could see the white marks on them. An overwhelming feeling suppressed Tian Lang.

How...how was this even possible?!

He asked himself again and again but how could his paws still be in one piece?!

A two-legged creature attacked him with a mighty sharp tool, shouldn’t he be dismembered into pieces? Was this creature having fun with him? That wasn’t possible since Tian Lang could feel the too familiar killing intent from this creature.

However, thankfully he soon got out of his zone as they fell upon the grown-up Shadow Leopard.

Tian Lang already forgot about his claws and glanced at the Shadow Leopard enviously. It was stalking him all the time after all. How, how did the leopard do it? His eyes burned with the desire to learn. It seemed he had to fight the leopard again and see how it did this.

However, the rookie pup lost his concentration during his fight. Before he could extort the leopard, his beastly senses went off furiously, leaving him only the time to jump back.

Swish

A sharp arc flashed before the eyes of Tian Lang but before he could feel relieved a cold sensation brushed past his neck and torso. Red liquid rapidly flowed out. He fell backward, his senses sharp like never before.

“Tch, what’s with that defense?” the maid grimaced at Tian Lang’s defense.

The creature in front of him excelled in speed but it wasn’t faster than himself. Even so, rushing from the front didn’t seem so fruitful. Especially those sharp tools sent chills throughout his whole body. After all, sharp tools remind him of the dagger that pierced him in the gray world.

Tian Lang ran sideways. The silently moving maids squealed and fled with haste. Hanying, who was about to put down the halo-shield and retreat went on guard with a scroll in hand and pale face.

Tian Lang paid no attention to either of them. Since the creature with a sharp tool failed to kill him, he felt strange. A source of confidence bloomed inside his heart. Maybe he got stronger and could defeat the two-legged creatures after all. His speed soared.

He passed by Hanying’s Halo-shield and in front of him appeared the youthful maid, who adored Tian Lang’s tiny appearance a lot. Tian Lang didn’t slow down his speed at all as he clawed on the youthful maid’s leg as he ran fast.

A sensation, quite different from the usual transmitted through his claws!

Aaaaaaahhh!

A pained wail left the maid’s mouth as it limped on the ground. Being a maid, naturally, it had zero excellence in fighting or anything related to pain. Four small sharp wounds on its lower calf caused it to whimper in agony but seeing the blood frightened it more.

“Tong, come here! Quick!” Hanying called the maid and resolutely grabbed the scroll. It couldn’t believe how ridiculous this current situation was. If casually picking up a pup endangered its life, it never wished to pick up another in its dear life.

The cheerful maid, Tong, mustered its remaining strength and limped towards Hanying's Halo-shield. Hanying took a glance at Tian Lang, seeing him running without paying any attention or heed to them, it muttered something and a small snake slid by her arm as the rectangular like thing sucked the beast inside it.

It closed and disappeared to nothingness and at the same time the Halo-shield slowly disappeared.

Hanying ran and took Tong's hand, then without wasting another moment it tore the scroll decisively. A black tunnel opened in front of and Hanying immediately dived inside along with the cheerful maid, Tong.

Tian Lang hadn’t noticed the sudden disappearance of the duo, else he would have surely wanted to see how they disappeared! But he had already reached above cloud nine! He could do it! He could injure the two-legged creature!

For who knows how long did he remain wary of those two-legged creatures? They had soft skin but he couldn’t pierce. Let alone defeating, they dragged him from his neck. But no more! He had achieved the mighty strength to defeat those despicable creatures!

First, he would defeat that two-legged creature carrying the sharp tool and then the other. Although, this one probably had really bad strength since it lacked an adequate amount of fleshy meat. But he couldn't be greedy considering the situation. Even against such small lumps, he could hardly contain them.

He ran behind the creature, jumping on a wall and then using the ceiling as a leverage point, he dived directly at the creature while baring his fangs savagely.

The maid remained still as if it didn’t see Tian Lang at all. In no time, Tian Lang reached face to face before the creature but a yellow Halo Shield erected out of nowhere, directly stopping Tian Lang’s charge.

He head-butted the shield first before his back flipped cleanly and stuck against the shield in perfection. Then following the inertia, he slid down to the ground.

...

How??... Is this the two-legged creature's special abilities? Did all of them have something like this? Tian Lang despaired. The defense of these shields seemed far stronger than their soft-looking skins. After all, he could injure them now! Wasn’t this another mission impossible for him??

However, before his thoughts fully processed and he slid down to the ground, a voice thundered behind him.

“Come, Flaming Fox, Rock Lizard! Moqi, the princess has already evacuated. Stop playing around.”

Following the maid’s words fire spread in all directions. Two beasts appeared out of nowhere as a ball of fire stuck Tian Lang, slamming his body out of the room.

“...do I... look like someone who’s playing?! I can’t find the breath to summon my ...Grimoire!” Moqi, the burly creature, could barely speak. He truly struggled against the leopard. Not only was it fast, but it also had Shadow Movement ability. Let alone playing, he didn’t even get a moment of a breather. Even a series of claw marks could be seen on his body.

Seeing the beast flashing out of the rectangular thing, Tian Lang didn’t get surprised. He had already seen similar things after the first creature left him. In fact, he liked dealing with beasts rather than those crafty two-legged creatures.

And the fire didn’t even manage to damage his furs but it did enough to get his blood boiling. In the presence of the beasts Tian Lang’s aura suddenly changed. The aura of an Alpha Predator!

An invisible aura that could be only felt by beasts.

The beasts felt the suppression by their rank. After their initial attack, they even shivered to move their legs. Even the creature controlling them had its face changed. To suppress the gold rank beasts, this pup had to be at least a platinum rank! The beasts failed to obey its orders! At this rate, their fate had only bleakness.

It didn’t dare to think anymore and instantly shouted at Moqi to gather itself together. Moqi took the risk and jumped inside Bi-Gao’s shield.

This also gave the Shadow Leopard to gather with the pup, but Tian Lang already had his fang deeply buried inside the Rock Lizard.

However, he forgot that not long ago he was injured. The wounds on both his neck and torso were shallow but any sharp injury on the neck area had a fatal effect during a battle for the pup. If he utilized his main source of damage, his jaws, the injury would widen and even become fatal.

And certainly, that happened. The small injury on his neck widened but he didn’t let go. The Rock Lizard also struggled fiercely with its giant body. It thrashed Tian Lang’s body here and there along with its own and Tian Lang’s fang only deepened in response.

Seeing the misery of the Rock Lizard, the Flaming Fox squeezed its neck and ran, leaving behind its master alone.

“Come back, Flaming Fox return! DAMN!” Bi-Gao tried to call back the fox but the beast refused to return. For the first time, Bi-Gao cursed in exasperation. It had trained the Flaming Fox and Rock Lizard for so many years and used countless resources and for the Flaming Fox to betray it for a pup...

Moqi made a sweeping motion and two seconds later a rectangular shaped tool emerged out of thin air. It had a similar shape and color to Bi-Gao’s. It should be preparing to summon beasts too... but a look of hesitance apparent on its face. Moqi’s beasts were worse than Bi-Gao’s and if they died, it would be no small loss to it.

Bi-Gao glared at Moqi, noticing its rarely seen sly intention but said nothing.

Meanwhile, many two-legged creatures started to emerge from the den. Their short minute of battle finally attracted every creature's attention. In fact, if it wasn’t because of the maids shouting and the last attack of the Flaming Fox, they might still be oblivious of the fact.

Tian Lang finally dragged his fangs from the Rock Lizard’s hard scale, albeit the Rock Lizard showed no signs of losing. He killed the Rock Lizard but his insignificant injury became a serious one.

“Everyone, summon your beasts and Grimoire out! Whoever catches these two will be rewarded heavily.” Bi-Gao declared in a commanding tone.

Havoc fell upon the creatures listening to the command. Last time they heard of being rewarded heavily, two [Spirit Beast Awakening Knowledge Pill] were given away.

With bloodshot eyes, they took out crystals and some summoned the rectangular thing called Grimoire. One after another variety of beasts appeared out of the crystals and Grimoires. Even Tian Lang and the Leopard, who lived in the forest barely recognized some. Some beasts had bulky looks, while some flew, there were even some without life. What astounded Tian Lang was some beasts merging with the two-legged creatures!

“Moqi, if Lord learns about this event don’t think of getting punished lightly. Not only did you fail to protect the miss, you even failed to capture the beasts. Let alone capture, you didn’t even exert your full strength. I’m sure the Lord will be very pleased to hear your side of the story.” Bi-Gao fueled Moqi, not caring about the loss of two beasts at all.

While Bi-Gao cooked devious plans, the other creatures already closed towards the duo of Leopard and Wolf pup.

The leopard slowly backed, all the while pushing away the small pup as if it was protecting its cub from some hungry looking creatures!

...

The creatures closing in had vicious and cruel expressions, willing to do slaughter countless. Even the frightening Moqi and Bi-Gao joined them.

Moqi had a different look from before. Its bulky feature slimmed down a lot, but bits of brown furs could be seen throughout its whole body. One might think Moqi got weaker, but if they noticed the way it handled the hammer, they would think otherwise.

Even Tian Lang gulped, it seems like the day has come!
The day for him to be the food, literally!

So what? He won’t back down! He hated the beasts that ran away during the fight, chasing after those losers pissed him off more. He definitely won’t run away!

His small paws fiercely kicked the ground. His claws accurately pierced their brain and the beasts slumped on the ground. With speed unlike ever before Tian Lang killed three beasts.

Surprisingly, one of the beasts still crawled at him. Tian Lang spooked. How could it move even after its head was destroyed?

The beast made some inorganic sound but still crawled towards him. Tian Lang hesitated but the Shadow Leopard bit and tore a part of the beast, only then did the beast stop.

Only then did Tian Lang realized how this beast still fought after getting its head destroyed. It didn’t have anything in its head. No blood, no flesh. Only some hard metals.

The mysteries of the two-legged creatures knew no bound. Tian Lang once again renewed his resolve to become a food worthy of their respect. It couldn’t go without a proper fight for the countless two-legged creatures honor!

But before he could steel his resolve and fight all the way to become a proper food, he found his vision levitating. Unknowingly he had been lifted off the ground by the leopard. In the same shameful way as the beautiful two-legged creature once did!

He wanted to protest! He wanted to prove who was the boss! Who defeated whom! But in this position where he could face only one direction and not even touch the ground, he failed to exert his mighty strength. He could only growl in a threatening tone. Albeit let alone looking scary, he even looked cute.

Not long after the scenery around him changed very fast.

Behind him followed tons of shouts and curses along with a long line of pursuers...

As time passed Tian Lang had long forgotten his irritation and enjoyed another feeling.

The euphoria caused by hundreds of two-legged creatures zealous search...

Being chased... feels great!

 

 

47