Chapter 12
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12

The next day as soon as Nikola took out Ivan on a hunt Dimitri was cornering Matthew. He put a hand loosely over the boy’s shoulders and hugged him tightly to himself.

“So now that Mama and his big baby bird are out of the nest, let’s get down to business, sonny. So, your homework! It’s time to check it. You have five minutes, dazzle me, and I’ll take you out in the park for a walk. But if you try something while out…”

Matthew shock his head and grabbed his plushy. Then the realization on what he was about to talk about came down on him, and he blushed. Dimitri showed him no compassion as he rolled up his sleeve and tapped his clock right underneath Matthew’s nose.

“Um. I found some of Mister Johnny Sins’ work. He, ah, went in a house of an older lady and fixed her sink. She had red hair and was wearing a tiger print shirt and skirt. And she also had heavy makeup. And she kept talking to Mister Sins about her life. It turns out she is a doctor and ah, well, she had fallen on hard times, and she could…couldn’t pay just like Mister Nikola said about the lady he watched. But Mister Sins was really understanding about it and offered to put it on her tab. He even called his boss, but the old git said no and the lady looked really faint, and she undid some buttons on her shirt, so she could breathe. But Mister Sins was a real gentleman and offered to pay for her without asking anything in return! But she was so grateful, she wanted to reward him, and then she took him to her bedroom while they were kiss…ing on the stairs. And then inside, she gave him a present. And he promised to call her back, and I think they are now in love and live together. That’s what happened! Nothing else!”

Dimitri laughed while clutching his sides. He used his fingers to brush away a few stray tears and leaned in close to Matthew’s face. The boy moved away and fell down on the pillows. Dimitri leered closer to him.

“Johnny Sins has good stuff. But what did the lady gift him with, Matthew? What was the present? Was it kinky? Were there toys involved? You know: vibrators, butt plugs, handcuffs? Details, sonny. The devil is in them, just like Mister Sins was in his friend. Now speak!”

“He, ah. There was this thing shaped like a…And where did you know he tied her up from? And ah, he used his fingers to… Mister Dimitri, I can’t repeat what I saw! It was bad enough I had to bite a pillow to muffle my…whimpers as I watched. I was so worried that Ivan will hear me from the other room! He, ah, he offered to help me with the homework. He must have not known what the word “porn” means! And he started learning tango, so I don’t have to learn it with you or Mister Nikola! And I…I’ll stop talking since I don’t like your grin. But before I do, please remember that if you touch me…where I’m not supposed to be t-t-touched, Mister Nikola will surely castrate you!”

Dimitri fell on the floor laughing, all the while staring at a now whimpering Matthew.

“This is too, haha hahaha, good, sonny! “A thing shaped like a…” You can’t even say cock with a straight face! Haha, hahaha and you even pfft dreamed up a whole, I can't, I just can’t, fucking after story romance for the porn you watched. And you didn’t even send Ivan out of the apartment while you watched! Your haha, haha are so, I’m dying here, so fucking innocent that you think that Russian Hulk doesn’t know what haha hahaha freaking porn means! Oh, Matthew, never change! You will be the most desirable jail bait among all Toreadors, and we even hold annual competitions for the saps among us! The reward is 100 million in whichever currency you want and a handpicked lover by Arikel herself! Haha, haha, you will be filthy rich in a century, I can promise you that.”

“Shut up, Mister Dimitri! I won’t participate in such competitions! And Ivan is Russian and not perverted at all! I’m sure he doesn’t know the English word for porn, and he probably doesn’t even watch it anyway. So, there!”

“Oh,” Began Dimitri as he went back to the couch and sat back down next to Matthew. He took the plushy from the boy’s hands and gave it a kiss. Then he began to pretend as if it was speaking, changing his voice to a baby talk. “I’m sure good and pure Vanya only wants to play hockey with you. Now tell me sonny, did your two papas ever tell you what they did behind closed doors? One of them was a Frenchman, no? He must have explained everything to you. Because if not I will have to fill his shoes.”

Matthew reached out and grabbed his plushy back. Dimitri let him.

“Are you speaking about the talk, Mister Dimitri? Because I don’t want to hear it from you! I’d rather watch more porn! I mean, not that I want to watch porn. Or do any of the things that Mister Sins did to the lady. Papa Francis always said that these things are special and are only done with someone equally special! And I haven’t found anyone like that yet. And I’m only 16! Why are you looking at me like that, Mister Dimitri?”

Dimitri put his hands around Matthew in a tight hug. The boy attempted to struggle but couldn’t get away. Then Dimitri surprised him by giving him a fatherly kiss on his forehead and exhaling softly.

“It’s a father’s duty to give his son the talk, so suck it up. Now here it goes. When a boy goes to a rock festival in a different country and gets kidnapped by his future Mama while attempting to hook up with him, he meets his future step-brother. By the way, did you watch a porn with a similar scenario? You must have been curious. Don’t tell me you searched only plumbers!”

Matthew shock his head and hid his face in his plushy.

“I did. It was between a stepmother and son…”

Dimitri tugged Matthew’s ear and went to berate him.

“Still holding out the candle for dear Niki? He is taken twice over and considers you his son. He gets dopey and sappy around you, as you yourself have noticed. And I don’t care if that is your kink, sonny. Keep your hands off Mama or Papa will start teaching you tango in a less restrained manner, angry Russian and jealous Niki be damned. Do you understand?”

“I don’t fantasize about Mister Nikola! He kidnapped me!”

“You went with him willingly and wanted for him to pop your cherry. Yes, I know everything, you brat. Forget about the tango, I’ll start getting downright nasty. You don’t want me to start spanking you, so you can take your mind out of the gutter, do you? Because I will, and I will use a hardboard or something, and are you blushing? Do you want to sleep between Mama, Papa, and Grandpa and still dance the tango with big brother? Horny brat!”

“Please stop talking like that about me! I’m not like that. And I’m not blushing! Why is everything about you so perverted?!”

Dimitri separated them and poked the Canadian’s nose. “Because the world is perverted and you, sonny,” Another poke on the nose followed. “ are a hormone filled teenager and can’t help being curious.” Dimitri ruffled Matthew’s hair and hugged him to himself again.

“What did you do all day yesterday? Watched porn and wanked off with big guy in the other room?”

“I didn’t wank off!”

“But did you watch porn all day?” Dimitri said as he leered down at Matthew and the boy began sputtering.

“Well, you said it was because of a homework. And I didn’t want for you to say that I didn’t put in the effort, so I, well. But I didn’t enjoy it, at the beginning, maybe a little and…I hate it when you smirk like that!”

“That’s my son! Taking his education to heart. Big guy will be pleased. Now where was I with the dreaded talk? Ah, yes. Step-brother gets turned into a vampire the same night but gets so attached to a little kidnap victim he attacks his sire because he doesn’t bare to harm his ray of light. Anyway, Mama forgives because that is what mothers do. Everything is nice and peachy until big brother starts whining to Mama to start bringing toys for baby brother. He likes playing with him, you see. Now Papa sees it and enlightens Mama and convinces him to let it happen, you’re welcome by the way. Then Papa gets accused of abusing the baby of the family and gets unjustly threatened with bodily harm as he attempts to pass sonny an important skill for his survival. But things get interesting as big brother gets protective of his buddy and starts learning the fucking tango, so baby brother can be his and his alone. But Papa is happy as Mama gave him a blowjob while he was chocking him with a whip last night, and why are you shacking your head again, Matthew? Didn’t I describe things the way they are?”

Matthew used his hands to push away Dimitri but didn’t make to get out of the hug.

“I want to avoid knowing what happens between you and Mister Nikola! And Ivan. He sees me as a friend and just wants to protect me from you!”

“Oh, it will hit you the first time you dance with big guy. Just remember to lock your room while you are taking your education in hand. Get it? Aw, you are blushing again. Your children are so adorable when you are in this stage of love! Now grab your jacket, we are going to the park and thereafter, I’m taking you to my ghoul tailor to take your measurements so that we can buy you clothes. You can’t wear big brother’s clothes forever, no matter how much he likes it. They are too baggy on you and hide your figure, and ever since you began working out you have developed a fine body. Oh, don’t look at me like that! It was just an observation. How many times do I have to say I’m not a pedo for people to believe me?”

Matthew got his first breath of fresh air that day. He took in the sights and was given cotton candy to eat while they walked. Then they went and visited a man whose hands roomed a bit too much over Matthew as he took his measurements. As Matthew didn’t attempt to run away, they stopped at a game shop, and he was allowed to pick anything he wants. He picked a boxing bag and gloves because he wanted for Ivan to teach him self-defense.  

Dimitri teased him mercilessly how he could have picked something only for himself but still choose to share in his reward with Ivan, to which Matthew responded that it was only natural as Ivan shared everything with him. Then that was gotten back to him when Dimitri teased him how the ship for Ivan shearing everything with him might have sailed long ago but if he was lucky, it might not have. Matthew had the sinking suspicion that Dimitri was talking about sex again.

Once they got back, they saw a slightly agitated Nikola attempting to calm down a fuming Ivan. The Russian had a piece of paper in his fist, and he was gripping it so hard his knuckles were white. When he saw Matthew, he stood up and went to him. He hugged him and kissed each one of his cheeks in greeting. Matthew blushed.

“Did Dimitri touch you anywhere? Did he take you somewhere dangerous or perverted? Because if he had…”

“N-no. He took me out in the park and then to a tailor. And look, he let me pick something for myself, and I picked this boxing set. Neat, huh? But will you teach me how to use it? I want to be able to defend myself!”

“There is no need as you have me but fine. I made you dinner myself while Nikola gave me pointers. But I burned it a little. I hope you still like it.”

“Ok, thank you.”

Matthew had dinner as Nikola, smiling for a change and with a faraway look, took Dimitri by his hand and promised him that if he leaves without making a fuss it would be strip poker night tonight. Dimitri took it as the reward it was, but as they were getting into the car, he blurted out he had given Matthew the talk. Nikola was sputtering in indignation the whole time and actually upped his ante during the game, leaving for the bedroom with only his shirt missing. So, poker was easy when Dimitri was too busy apologizing to bluff. Who knew?

Matthew’s new clothes came by after three days, and much to Nikola’s surprise, they weren’t clubbing clothes like his. They consisted of T-shirts and jeans, everything was plain, but it hugged the boy’s figure and added to his innocence. He wondered how long will Ivan hold up.

Dimitri kept giving Matthew homework in Pornhub, and the boy slowly began to describe what he saw. Once, Nikola walked up in on it and got so angry he let Dimitri hang dry for a week. But he didn’t stand in the way of the “education” as Dimitri stood his ground and managed to convince him it was just talk, and it would help Matthew to not be used in the future.

The Canadian’s birthday came, and they had a big celebration, and even Malkav showed up. The boy teared up as he let slip that his family would sometimes forget to celebrate his birthday. He had long since lost all hope to contact them. Initially, he hadn’t been allowed access to a phone or a laptop so by the time he managed to talk Ivan into googling him to see what his family has done he found out that his Facebook was deleted and his parents and brother were in mourning.

He didn’t want to contact them after that. He was just going to get them in danger and piss off his vampire captors. Especially Malkav and Dimitri as one was still in favor of killing him and the other wanted to control all of his actions.

For his birthday, he had a big cake, and he was horrified that he had to eat it all by himself. It looked like a work of art and was done by Dimitri, and Matthew didn’t want to throw away any of it. Granted, it was small, but still bigger than what a person could eat in a setting. So, it would be cake for breakfast tomorrow, and lunch and dinner and breakfast the morning after. He could feel his teeth hurting from now.

The vampires had blood candy, sorbets, and glasses of blood with spices for themselves. Then the presents came. He got a pair of tacky sunglasses from Dimitri. A nice coat with a Canadian maple leaf for the winter from Nikola. An intricate chess set from Malkav who told him they were to play right after he had finished his cake and a strange diadem with flowers and multi-colored long ribbons from Ivan. He stared at him, not understanding what the meaning of it was.

“This is a traditional Russian headdress, Matthew. I made it myself without any help. Ok, my sisters gave me pointers and send me the materials but still. Do you like it?”

“It’s very colorful and nice. Thank you, Ivan.”

A deep blush colored his checks as Ivan gently took the headdress from his hands and put it on his head. Meanwhile, Dimitri leaned into Nikola and whispered in his ear.

“Big guy gave sonny a bridal vail. Now they only need rings, and they are ready to be sprinkled with rice.”

“Don’t make conclusions so fast. They haven’t even taken the first big step let alone what you are offering. But you are right that it is a matter of time.”

Whispered back a pleased Nikola. Malkav wrapped his arms around them both and brought them close together, so he can whisper in their ears at the same time.

“It hurts me that you two didn’t tell me about this. I expect to be made up to tonight once we get home. But I have to admit, this feels nice. Dimitri, when are you going to embrace Matthew? It has been two months.”

Daddy, don’t rush me. I’m his Papa and I decide when he is ready. I am not making a virgin Toreador! I can’t bare the shame. I will be the laughingstock of the whole clan. So, it is up to the amazing Hulk to get a move on, you see.”

“Fine then. You know the inner workings of your clan best. Now I want my chess game.”

Nikola took his hand in his and stopped him while he whispered to him.

“Sure, let them have this moment. Can’t you see how they stare at each other’s eyes? They might even kiss! Your game can wait, can’t it?”

Matthew and Ivan hadn’t kissed, but Ivan did lean into Matthew’s personal space, and it had been a close thing. Then Matthew, still in his headdress, ate a generous slice of cake and had a chess game and actually won. Dimitri kept gloating that his future childe had outsmarted a nerdy mastermind. Malkav made him literary choke on it later that night, not that it stopped Dimitri from talking, even with the man’s member in his mouth.

While Dimitri gloated, Ivan took things in his hands. He put on a tango and knocked on his former, and now Matthew’s, room. Matthew opened the door and smiled. He was holding his plushy and his headdress was a little askew. Ivan thought that it was the most adorable thing he had ever seen. He righted the headdress and offered his hand.

“Matthew, I know it’s your birthday, but would you have anything against having a tango lesson with me? I have gotten better, and it would be better if that leech Dimitri is not here to snap photos. It is an annoying habit of his, da?”

“I suppose, Ivan. Since you learned the tango for me, I’d love to dance with you. But not the way Dimitri and Nikola danced! They were too…intense.”

“Don’t worry, sertse. I will take it slow and instruct you.”

Matthew wondered what sertse meant. Figuring that it was the Russian word for friend he smiled and took the offered hand in his and allowed Ivan to guide him out of the room. He let the Russian position his hands around him and waited. They moved slowly. One big step forward, two small back. Then a sway and a slight swing.

The now 17-year-old wondered if he should hook up his leg around Ivan’s and lean backwards, like how he had seen Nikola do not so long ago. Then he remembered how Dimitri had taken it as an invitation to kiss the man’s Adam’s apple, and he blushed.

The dance was easy. Ivan was probably taking into consideration how he was new to this. He didn’t quicken his pace as the song was over, and they just moved around doing beginning steps.

The Russian kept looking him in the eyes and smiling a soft childlike smile. Matthew thought that it suited the vampire very much. Ivan was the nicest vampire of the bunch. Nicer even than Nikola, as the man wasn’t the one to kidnap him.

Oh, sure. He had fed from him the first night, and he had knocked him out when his crying had gotten too loud the following day, but he hadn’t harmed him since. And he always growled at Malkav when the vampire would proclaim him too soft for what they wanted of him, no matter how powerful the elder vampire was.

Ivan was fearless and was teaching him how to do boxing. He spoke with him about hockey when the rest of the vampires found it boring. He took him out in the park every time he asked. He always had something nice to say to him. He also had a funny accent that Matthew found calming. And most importantly, Vanya never forgot about him.

Then he realized how he had called him Vanya in his mind and stopped in his tracks. Why had he done it? Was what Dimitri said to him about realizing that his words were true the first time he danced with him? It couldn’t be, could it?

Dimitri’s love to Nikola, while real, was twisted. And he was a vampire, and it was in his nature, and Ivan didn’t treat him the way Dimitri treated his two lovers. Or was it that Ivan was different? He hunted what both Nikola and Dimitri called junk food. Only people who deserved it! And he didn’t even kill them himself. He let Nikola do it for him.

Then…then, could it be that Nikola had preserved Ivan’s humanity somehow? Nikola had plenty of his left, even though he had been pushed to his limit and beyond by his two lovers, until he started being more like them. So, maybe it was like that for Ivan but better as Nikola didn’t force him to go against his morals like he himself had been?

He hadn’t noticed how long he just stood there in Ivan’s arms, thinking and just staring into his eyes. Then Matthew was brought back to reality by Ivan leaning down and stopping just over his lips. He was waiting for him to make the first step. He was taking it slow just like he had promised.

Did he want to lift his head and go ahead? Did he want to be more than Ivan’s captive? Who else did he have if he pushed him away? Nikola, who toughed him different candy making techniques? He had long since outgrown his crush towards him.

 Dimitri, who made him watch and retell porn? He was more like a weird friend he had never asked for but found himself wanting to keep for the Romanian paid attention to him. And Matthew had been starved for attention all his life.

Malkav still wanted him dead, and not in the good way. But even he didn’t ignore him and took the time to bring him books and magazines and talk to him. Granted, they were scientific in nature and Matthew got bored pretty fast while reading them, but he appreciated the gesture and forced himself to read everything, so he could answer Malkav’s quizzes on it the next day.

But the three didn’t even hold a candle to Ivan. He suddenly realized that Ivan was at the center of his world now. He woke up to a breakfast made by Vanya. He spent his day with him. He slept just a door away from where Vanya spend his night on the couch. He did everything with Ivan in mind. He still picked his gifts so that he would share them with his friend.

So, why couldn’t they be something more? Why couldn’t he wake up in Ivan’s arms from now on? Make breakfast together with him? Go out on dates with him? Oh, sure, he would be cursed with vampirism if he chooses to stay and not let the vampires kill him. And God, he had considered letting himself be killed more than once as he found out that his family had moved on without him.

But then what of Vanya? Who would he have then? Who would be there for him? Who was going to be his friend? And why was he asking these questions when it would be his death, and so he should be sorry for himself rather than for his captor?

Dimitri had told him loud and clear that what he felt was love. Nikola looked at Ivan, and he is as if he was going to squeal girlishly every time he saw them sitting together. And Malkav stared at them with warm adoration and despite his threats he didn’t even give a headache to Ivan when the pale blonde would defend him. And even strangers on the streets looked at them as if they were a couple.

So, why shouldn’t they be one? He was doomed anyway, why not be in Hell with his new family now that his former one was lost to him forever? Why not…give himself over to Vanya? He was sure that Ivan would treat him right. He would make him happy.

With his decision made, he pushed himself on his tip toes and kissed the Russian. And they were suddenly dancing again. It was a waltz and not tango, and it was nice. They danced like that for a while, and Matthew broke their kissing, but he didn’t stop the dance.

“So, what happens now? What do you want from me?”

“I just want to celebrate your birthday, sertse. Let us dance some more, and then we can watch hockey in bed and cuddle. Take it nice and slow. I’m not like that pervert Dimitri to seduce you to bed on your birthday. Unless you want me to?”

Ivan smirked and leaned forward for another kiss. Matthew returned it and blushed.

“Eh? No, not tonight. But hockey and cuddling sounds nice. I’d love to do that. You said you already fed, so will you stay together with me in bed? I mean, I’m sorry if I’m being too forward or anything!”

Ivan gave a hearty and butterflies were suddenly clapping their wings in Matthew’s stomach. If Vanya’s laugh could do that to him, he wondered what would his moan will. Then he shook his head at his thoughts. He was definitely watching too much porn and talking more than it was good for him with that damn pervert Dimitri. He just hoped he didn’t start to think like him too.

“Oh, ok. As you wish, sertse. Now let’s just dance unless you want to move onto the hockey?”

“I think I’ve danced enough for one night, but we can dance again tomorrow. I enjoyed myself. Let’s see if we can find a Canada vs Russia match. I bet my team will destroy yours!”

Ivan untangled himself from Matthew and petted his hair in a patronizing manner.

“Ha, you wish. But let’s see anyway. If my team wins you own me a kiss and if yours wins we will do whatever you want to tomorrow. Sounds fair, da?”

“Ok, you’re on! Prepare to spend the whole day at the park tomorrow watching birds and clouds!”

Ivan hooked an arm around his love’s shoulders and guided him towards the couch. His team won, and he took his kiss in bed. Once the two broke apart, Matthew looked at him confused.

“Vanya you keep calling me sertse tonight. What does it mean?”

Ivan traced Matthew’s lips with a finger and then placed a hand over his beating heart.

“It means heart. You have mine and I hope you will give me yours in time. Now let’s cuddle. I want to watch you sleep.”

Matthew slept like a newborn that night, safe in Ivan’s arms. That’s how they were found by Dimitri and Nikola as the two came to wake him up and take him to a carnival that was visiting town. Dimitri teased him so mercilessly that Ivan growled that he would be the one to take him to the carnival. He then asked them where it was and got up to get dressed.

 Matthew heard something about him being all grown up and having his first boyfriend from Dimitri. Git. Then much to his surprise Nikola took out a handkerchief and blew his nose before demanding that Dimitri takes him out on a date. Now that he thought about it Nikola really was a sap. But then so was he.

The two vampires left him alone, but he heard something about an opera during the night and a hunt right after that for a gourmet dish. Does that figure whatever romance Dimitri tried would be followed up by self-indulgence? Matthew honestly didn’t know how he was still keeping Nikola with him. It was probably all Malkav. Which was funny imagining Malkav being the glue in the three-way, considering he was as dry in personality as the books he read.

He fell down in the bed and inhaled deeply. It smelled of Vanya and him together, and he found he liked it very much. He wondered if he could get his boyfriend to stay the night together with him tonight too and maybe become one with him. Then his expression turned to one of pure horror. Oh, God and heaven above, he was thinking like Dimitri! He groaned into a pillow before standing up.

Dimitri had been right about everything when he gave him the talk. Down to the last detail. Well, not about the foursome, at least! But about everything else true. He was in love. It was with Ivan, his vampire captor. And he didn’t see anything wrong with that.

He dressed himself and took Vanya’s outstretched hand as the man opened the door for him. They went to the carnival together and had fun the whole day, but Matthew was hungry for more than the few kisses he stole from the careful Russian. He would have to speak with Dimitri and ask him about love advice. He could already hear the mocking.

1