Chapter 47
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Chapter 47

“Fly, who do you love the most?” Malkav growled at Vasilisa’s question. Nikola remained silent.

“Just because daddy doesn’t accommodate you, spider, doesn’t mean that you have to bring Niki into this,” chastised Dimitri.

“He is the reason I came. Why I separated myself from Igor and Katya,” the two ghouls had their apartment and were content to watch TV and sleep the entire day.

“Dimitri, please. There is no time loop anymore. Merge their memories back together,” pleaded Nikola as Dimitri huffed.

“You could have done that?” Malkav looked betrayed and Dimitri sighed.

“Fine. As long as the drama is at an end,” and both Malkav and Vasilisa began clutching at their heads. Nikola attempted to go to them, but Dimitri caught him and twirled him around.

“You just damned them,” told him, Dimitri, with a smirk. “Because I can’t control their memories from all the time loops. They will receive everything. All those years of loneliness. Of strive. What do you think will happen?” Nikola bowed his head.

“I have no idea,” he said, and Dimitri began leading him in a dance.

“They will clutch at you, me, each other. They have seen Gehenna come to pass time and again and now, that they remember, they will see it again,” Nikola blinked at that.

“What do you mean, see it again? Dimitri, please be honest,” begged Nikola and Dimitri waltzed them to the couch as Malkav stared at Vasilisa with an open mouth.

“All those lifetimes. All those billions of years. And we died each time,” spoke Malkav with an ashen face.

“Blame Niki for the end of your blissful ignorance. And the end of my patience,” Dimitri took Nikola in his arms and placed him between Vasilisa and Malkav. Vasilisa immediately latched at Nikola’s arm.

“Fly, you…you…” the accusation was clear there and Nikola couldn’t stand it.

“I deserve for you to leave me, I know,” said Nikola as Vasilisa blinked. “But know that I love you.”

“We will never be separated,” snapped Vasilisa. Dimitri suddenly huffed.

“I did a small misstep,” the blonde said. “Flavius and Sadik remember too. As well as a few others. Guess I don’t know my strength,” Nikola’s phone buzzed, and he took it.

Pet, why didn’t you tell me? By Allah, I killed you and I loved you, and tell me I have gone mad. I can still remember tucking you in bed. That you killed some of my past lovers. I need to see you! Explain yourself!

Then, his phone buzzed again, and this time it was Flavius.

Grandson,

I don’t know what type of game you are playing, but to not tell me insults me. I died protecting the secret of your location. Come and explain yourself!

Your grandfather,

Flavius Aetius.

Then the phone buzzed again and Nikola raised an eyebrow. It was an unknown caller.

Niki, I remember now. I got killed by the Devil the last time, but I can finish the hunt for him this time. You were the only one who loved me for me in my entire existence. All those billions of years. I am coming for you.

Absimiliard.

Vasilisa quickly typed something and sent it before Nikola could snatch the phone from him.

“What did you write to him?” Asked Nikola.

“That he is not needed or wanted. I am certain he will come regardless,” said Vasilisa with a snarl. Vasilisa had been loyal to his sire, Nikola knew. For him to change like this confused Nikola.

“Samyaza, my brother!” Exclaimed Malkav and he stood up. “I need to hunt down Yima.”

“He is with Caine,” said Dimitri nonchalantly. “And there will be a Gehenna, so you three better not stand in our way.”

It was all said in a cold tone, and Nikola stared at Dimitri in bewilderment.

“You are on Caine’s side?” Whispered Nikola as Vasilisa narrowed his eyes.

“What are you planning, Dimitri?” snapped the blonde, and Dimitri smirked at them.

“Nymph, don’t bare your fangs if you don’t want me to bear mine. I am being truthful here. There will be a Gehenna. And everything will end. This world is rotten, and I want to see if, if it gets destroyed, I will be free to go to Hell, with all of you, and live peacefully,” Nikola couldn’t believe his ears.

“Dimitri, people will die. Both Kindred and not. Caine and Lilith’s battle will be a genocide,” but Dimitri was not listening. He snapped his fingers and all four of them were transported to Hell with a TV screen before them.

“Exhibit A. The ISIS war,” said Dimitri as he began to play a video of the monstrosities of the terrorist organization in the Middle East.

“Exhibit B. A protest against vaccines,” and the video was turned to that.

“The world is rotten. Now, I have given Caine the go ahead to challenge Lilith. Watch,” with wide eyes, all three of them looked at the screen where Caine and Lilith were eyeing each other up.

“Ivan and Matthew,” pleaded Nikola. “Bring them here, I beg you.”

Dimitri just snorted.

“Oh, I did. They are in another room and have been for days now. Sleeping,” there was another TV screen and Nikola saw Ivan and Matthew on a bed. They looked pale and clutched at each other. Then, Nikola guiltily remembered all the other precious people he had gotten through the time loops.

“Hell no,” cut off his thoughts, Dimitri. “You need to heal and can’t with all the extra baggage. I am giving you tough love right now, but love, all the same.”

Caine and Lilith were fighting now. In the distance, there was a volcano erupting. Vampires were brawling in the streets. People were attempting to run away. A gunshot was heard from the TV and then, silence. The TV turned white, and a single word was written in Black.

“Enough.” And then Nikola knew pain. He saw Uriel briefly, who winked, and then he was in front of his old apartment again. When he entered, Dimitri was not there. 

1