Interlude 2
146 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Audio log recovered from Aegis Command Center memory banks]

[Audio originally recorded in General William A. Corter’s office]

[...]

[Begin Playback]

“... Sixty three. Sixty three kills between the pair of them. A full squad would be lucky to come that close lieutenant. Is there something you’re not understanding? This is exactly what we funded this project for.”

(A female voice sighs before responding)

“I understand they’re impressive sir. But one moderately successful test is far from concrete evidence that they are prepared for full deployment. They were largely carried by their individual talents and they still died at the end of the scenario. They need time to...”

(The male voice scoffs)

“We don’t have the luxury of time, lieutenant.”

“Yes sir. But with our current situation it won’t do us much good if we throw their raw talent away carelessly. We promised them an entire squad to work with. That’s no longer going to be possible.”

(The male voice lets out a muffled groan)

“I take it the results are back from the technicians?”

“Yes sir. I received them a half hour ago. It confirms our suspicions that tampering had been done to the transfer equipment. The damages were… severe to say the least.”

“Leads on the culprit?”

“Very few, I'm afraid. They were quite thorough.”

“I suppose we’re lucky that our number two came through cleanly.”

“That would be an accurate statement sir. The good news stops there however, as we’re not likely going to be able to do any transfers in the near future.”

(The male voice cursed quietly)

“We’ll make due with what we have then.”

(A chair creaks loudly in the background)

“I understand your reservations about pushing our prospects further lieutenant, believe me. Under different circumstances I would be on your side.”

“But sir…”

“I won’t send them in alone. But we need them sooner than anyone would like to admit..”

[End of file reached]

[Terminating playback]

11