04 – Shopping..?
2.5k 5 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Here it is. It's great looking at first look but, it's not as great as the one in the Royal Capital of the neighboring Country though..."

We currently just arrived at the shopping district.

It is as he said, it's not that great. As one would expect from a small country. I wonder if the king is doing anything to improve his country...

"You're not surprised, huh? Well, that doesn't matter now, I guess? You remember the value of each coin, right? Repeat what I taught you back at home."

By the way, the currency in this world, or rather, the currency of this country is Seya.

"If I remember it correctly.

Ten of each makes up another.

Black copper coin=10 seya

Brown copper coin= 100 seya

Copper coin=1,000 seya

Dark grey silver coin=10,000 seya

Grey silver coin=100,000 seya

Silver coin=1,000,000 seya

Dark brown gold coin=10,000,000 seya

Brown gold coin=100,000,000 seya

Gold coin=1,000,000,000 seya

Platinum coin=Depends on the market price (Current price: 34 Gold coins)."

Also, someone with at least 3 Dark brown gold coins is considered rich but not that rich, someone with more than 5 brown gold coins is someone on par with a Viscount, and someone with more than 10 Gold coins is someone on par with a Duke, and usually, only the Royalties have a Platinum coin.

"Good. So? Where do you want to go? I can kinda guess what it is though."

*Stomach growls*

"Yup, I knew it. Even if you already had some of my blood you still need to eat something else."

Vampires are dependent on blood, but that doesn't mean that we can survive without any food or water. Blood is necessary to stay sane and to keep the body functioning properly. After a vampire loses, its sanity and still didn't manage to drink blood, its body will have problems and will soon cease to function and will result in its demise. That is what Orto said.

"Oh, something smells good there, let's go and get some." He said then grabbed my hand and showed the way like I'm a kid.

Well, I'm technically a baby since I was just born the other day.

Vampires are beings that are part of nature. They're born from magic power that was concentrated on one spot and is high and pure enough, and their attributes might differ depending on the environment they were born in, but the blood magic is exclusive to all vampires, so even if a vampire is born in the plains, they will still have their blood magic. Yet this didn't apply to Celeste because her species is Celestial Vampire which is born for unknown reasons and she's a special case.

We've arrived at a stall selling meat skewers. But why is this old man so excited? Could it be that he wants a daughter or a little sister? If it's a little sister, then that will make sense, since he's a siscon. He must've been lonely for a long time. I wonder what happened?

Let's not pry into other people's lives that deep. Everyone has one or two secrets of their own.

But...

"Hey, I don't have any money..."

This old man bought like half of the displayed skewers the stall had. Does he want to make me indebted to him to use me?

No no, no. He's just being nice, keep those dangerous thoughts away... probably. Guard's up.

"I won't charge you for it, so eat to your fill, okay?"

No one wanted to be with this guy? Isn't he too nice? Isn't he?

"Nn, then I'll eat a lot till you go bankrupt."

"Please don't..."

I took a bite of the meat skewers as Orto complained.

It's great. I don't know what the ingredients are but, I can guess that it's monster meat as I have tasted all kinds of farm meat already that japan could offer.

Mana or magic power adds a good amount of taste to food depending on its traits. For example, if a spice were to grow in a place filled with fire-type mana, its spiciness will increase, making it tastier. If meat were to be taken from a fire-type magical beast the taste and impact will increase but, it will be tougher to eat. You can also expose mana-filled ingredients to other attributes to change the taste or everything. Heck, you can even make a spice taste like cake, if you have the skills, that is.

"Want some more?" Orto asked as he hands over another meat skewer.

"Yes." I quickly took it and happily ate it... is what I'd like to say but...

Great food can stimulate happiness in the consumer, but it doesn't apply to me at all. I know that it is delicious and it makes me want to eat more, at the very least, Greed and Gluttony still apply to me. I wonder if the other of the seven deadly sins still apply to me?

I shouldn't underestimate my emotionlessness, huh.

We ate the rest of the meat skewers and roamed around the shopping district for a little while, and now we're here.

"Is this necessary?" I asked as I looked up to the sign that says the name of the shop.

"I don't want to be labeled as a pervert who brought home a little girl and didn't give her any clothes. People's imaginations can fly everywhere, you know?"

That's true but, still... I can't get any more indebted to him, but I can also do nothing about that. I need to find a good job with easy money to pay back quickly or I will feel... guilty?

"So guilt doesn't apply to me as well, huh?" I muttered.

I said that I'll regain my emotions back but, here I am completely clueless about what to do and how to do it.

"Here we are, the tailor's, Reg's shop. Here, come in." Orto invited me in while opening the two doors of the two-storied white building.

To think that a good-looking building other than the king or the lord's castle exists, the owner must be quite wealthy.

If the owner is wealthy, does that mean that the clothes will cost a lot? I looked at Orto.

"Hm? Aahhh, don't worry don't worry. The prices differ and the most expensive ones are on the second floor. What are you waiting for? Let's get in."

He understood quickly what that look for. He must be an experienced man. Good for both of us, I guess?

It's beautiful.

I thought as I entered the shop. Even the walls and the floor looks expensive. There's expensive stuff everywhere. Great paintings, expensive-looking vases, and antiques, but of course, there are clothes everywhere.

I must keep my guard up so I won't break anything expensive here.

"Choose anything you like, I'll buy it for you, but you must pay me back someday, okay?"

"What if I weren't able to pay you?"

"You'll have to pay me in another wa... y. WAAH! I don't mean it that way! What I mean is work for me or something like that! Aargh! What's wrong with my phrasing?!"

Orto despaired on the floor while holding his head.

"Hey, you'll get the floor dirty. Even I know how expensive that is."

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER!"

"What a noisy customer you are. What can I do for you to... day? Orto, you know I'll report you to the guards, so surrender yourself already so that the punishment will be lighter." A tall, handsome, and sharp-looking guy appeared. He has deep purple eyes and pitch-black hair with a monocle on his right eye and wore a nice hat and a deep dark blue tuxedo that fits well with his sharp looks.

Who? He seems to know Orto...

"Ah! Reg! It's not what you think! I just brought her here to buy her some clothes!"

"Yeah, I can tell, to think that you even dismissed her clothes. Do you have some sort of clothing fetish that you'll make her wear? You're the worst, to do such a thing to a little girl."

"I'm telling you, that's not the case! Hear me out!"

Some kind of misunderstanding? Well, I do look like a little girl right now, so I guess that can't be helped. Let's throw a little lifesaver to Orto.

"Good day, sir. I am Celes Crourem, I have come here to attain some clothing. Mr. Orto here is only escorting me, please don't misunderstand,"  I introduced myself in a way that a noble lady will introduce themselves. I'm wearing a one-piece dress that reached only down to my upper knee so I only slightly bowed with my right hand in my middle chest and the other on my back.

It's a good thing that I learned those proper etiquettes back when I was a ghost.

"Ooouu! Nice save!"

"Such manners... Ah! Forgive me for the misunderstanding. I am Reg. The founder and current owner of the clothing company, Lavenders. I am a commoner despite my wealth and looks, so please don't misjudge. It's nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. Reg."

"Is this guy not bothering you? He has a thing for "little sisters", so he might..."

Let's throw in a bomb...

"He is not, but if he asked me for it as payment for the clothes I-I... don't mind..." I looked away and said it with watery eyes.

"Hmmm, I got it. Orto, you're coming with me."

I wonder if this will help me with my emotions...

"No, no! Don't be fooled! She may look like a little girl but, she's terrifying!"

Mr. Reg turned around to face me and sighed.

"Sigh... I got it, I understand. I will let you go for now but do dare to do something funny to her and I'll personally arrest you."

"I won't, so-"

"You too, little girl. Stop playing around. So? What kind of clothes do you prefer, dear customer?"

Clothes, huh? I don't know. Now that I think about it, I still haven't seen my face, though I can tell that my height is just a little above 4 feet, and has silver hair with a few purple strands.

"Please recommend anything that will fit me. From average clothing or everyday clothing to the level of a lower aristocrat."

Orto-san looked at me when he heard the word aristocrat with an anxious expression.

Are they that expensive?

"Hum hum hum, so I get to dress a kuudere loli, huh? Let's turn her to a gothic loli with my great skills..." Reg muttered.

I can hear you like a speaker, you know? My senses are great after all. But those terms... could he be? It would make sense since the company looked only 2-3 years old, and he doesn't look that old, and the business is already booming. If he is, could it be that his :Unique Skill: have anything to do with making clothes? I bet it even has protective functions...

Should I whisper to him in Japanese? Wait, in the first place, does the language differ in this world from the Earth's language? I can't even tell if I have some sort of translation skill since I have been talking in Japanese the whole time...

Then let's use a term that an otaku will react to.

I waved my hand to Mr. Reg signaling to come here.

"Hm? What is it? Did you find anything interesting?"

I came closer and whispered to his ears.

"Yuri is the best..."

His arms trembled and he was forcing his mouth not to form a smile. He's a Japanese and a yuri fan at that. He's suppressing his feelings having found a comrade. I'm not exactly a comrade though, just came from the same hometown.

"L-let's talk about that later, get any clothes you want. I'm giving you a special treatment, anything on the first floor for free but, please don't take too much. My business will go downward, and my enemies will take that as a chance to destroy me..." He said while fixing the position of the monocle in his right eye trying to look cool while trembling.

"Then, I'll take 10 sets of everyday clothing and 3 sets of clothing for balls and such."

"Humu, I got it."

*****Roughly 20 minutes later****

"With that out of the way, can we talk about "that" thing now, my comrade?"

He already labeled me as a comrade, huh? I'll just clear that misunderstanding while we talk.

We moved into another room and sat on the floor with a kotatsu, face to face with a cup of tea, alone. Orto was quite against it before, but he forfeited when I gave him the begging eyes.

Mr. Reg activated some sort of magic circle in the door. I think it's a magic used against eavesdropping or clairvoyance of the sorts.

And thus, the talk began.

*****

78