05- Progress! I think? And new accompany!
2.1k 6 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So? What's your favorite series? Cit*us? Miss K*bayashi's m**d dr*gon? Sa**ra tr*ck? Bl**m **to y*u? Which is it? Which is it? Which is it?"

His face gets closer and closer every time he said"Which is it". It's going to be troublesome if I don't clear the misunderstanding right now.

"I'm no otaku, so get away. I only used that phrase to confirm if you're from the same homeland since you used some term that I definitely won't hear in this world..." I said while pushing his face away from me with my finger and a :Magic Barrier: that I invoked between our faces.

"With that out of the way. Information, I need information, Mr. Reg." I said with a straight face.

"I see. Then, I'll start with how leveling works. Can you please tell me what you know about it?"

"None, I know nothing about it," I said with a straight face.

"What? N-nothing?"

"Yes, absolutely nothing. In the first place, I don't know if I have levels."

"I-I see. So that's how it is. Will you please let me appraise you then?"

"Sure, that is if you let me appraise you too."

"Of course! I finally met someone from the same homeland, of course at least this much is expected or even more. Well then."

It's that same uneasiness again, just like with the King's. But this time, it feels even sharper. Me too then.

:Name: Reg

:Race: Human

:Level: 72

:Stats:

STR: 93

AGI: 87

DEX: 91

INT:32

LUK: 21

VIT: 101

Total stats: 425

Skills:

Embroidery 7, Sewing 8, Cooking 2, Healing Magic 4, Create poison 9, Poison perfection 10, Power over Threads

Titles:

[Needles of Luxury]⟩ One of the needle series, gives the users' embroidery the feeling of luxury

[Needles of Death]⟩ One of the needle series, the users' attacks apply additional internal damage to the target

Too trusting? We're in the same situation, and I bet he had a card up his sleeve too, so even if one of us happened to betray the other side, we're both confident that we will come out on top. Why doubt someone on the same boat in the first place? If he were to sink the boat both of us will be in danger. Why? If he were to be asked about how he knew that I was a reincarnated and he lied, and that lie was confirmed as a lie he will also be involved and be in danger. How to detect lies? Uhm... we're currently in a fantasy world, so please don't use your common sense from the earth. Does any of this make sense?

And I'm also concerned about this Needle series. What's that? The second one's effect works well with poison since it attacks internally over time, I don't know if I'm right, but it might be abusable with poison's continued damage.

"Whooa there. A Celestial Vampire? Have a look at those numbers and levels of skills, you're scarier than anyone I've fought all this time, and you don't even have levels, but not a Candidate. Also, how old are you, for you to have the [True Ancestor] title?"

Candidate? The more he keeps this up, the more questions I come up with.

"I'm not even a day old."

"I see, that makes sense."

"It does? How come?"

"No, not really. It's just that my brain refuses to be confused and I'm screaming internally. I guess that's that. Enough of this, I'll give you the information you want. First, leveling. To level up, we need to kill. Anything counts, even insects, humans, or you. Our stats increase every level up and are allocated to the most used stat. Though, I'm not a tanker. I just so happened to get attacked quite a lot back then, and I also barely used magic except for Healing Magic. That's why those 2 are higher than most of my skills and stats. Also, luck never changes. The increase in stats is said to be random, which I highly doubt. But since it's common knowledge, there's nothing I can do about it. Skills levels up by proficiency, the more often you use it, the higher its levels get. Titles are obtained by doing exceptional and great things, or from other people, a Spirit for example. Done with stats. Are there any other questions you have?"

What? Then what's the purpose of that Accumulated Strength? I'll have to ask other Vampires about it since we might share the same ability to be able to see it. Anyways.

"I do, but let's start with spirits, what is that?"

"I have absolutely no idea! They're said to be everywhere, yet nowhere to be seen! Or just particles created from magic! Or beings that hide from the eyes of normal people! THEY'RE SAID TO EXIST YET NO ONE KNOWS IF THEY DO!" Reg shouted at the top of his lungs.

"You're too passionate about them, Mr. Reg."

"OF COURSE!!!!! Why!? Because there's the chance that they may be beautiful elf-like women!! That means I can have MORE YURI MATERIALS!!!"

So that's why… those exclamation marks though…

"Calm down, Mr. Reg. "

"Huh? Ah, yeah. I got a little bit too hot there. Back to the topic then. There have been absolutely zero sightings of spirits, but the elves keep insisting that they're true even though they haven't seen one themselves, they also have the backing of the fairies, which is why the spirits are still believed to exist by a few from the other races."

"I see, it is hard to forget it if 2 great races are believing their existence. What's the difference between a fairy and a spirit though?"

"Oh, that? I don't know since I have never seen one myself, but they're known as ruthless inchlings who only trust beings ranked higher than themselves… H-hey, I've been meaning to ask about it but… what's up with that [Exhibitionists] title?"

"What's this? Could it be that Mr. Reg is a lolicon too?" I said seductively.

"I have absolutely no interest in little girls. It just concerns me, now spit the story behind it, Miss Celeste." He said back with a proud shiny face.

"If I do that, you'll have to do it too. It's connected to how I came to this world, after all."

"Fair enough."

Reg was originally working in a company focusing on clothing for models as a company slave named Tamotsu Ryuu and died because he doze off while crossing the road and did not notice that he was about to be hit by a truck. He said.

And after dying, he met the Goddes of Reincarnation which we both forgot the name, "Forgive us, Goddess, whatever your name is, we're both grateful." we prayed as Reg continued his story and we both quickly forgot about the prayer and the Goddess.

He asked for the :Unique Skill:Power over Threads: allowing him to create threads out of nowhere and manipulate the thickness and toughness, basically everything that thread has something to do with, (hair doesn't count though),  and the :Skill: Poison perfection: and :Create poison: both allowing him to use great poison depending on the level. I bet he already has thread all over my body to poison me if I were to talk about him being reincarnated, too bad though. Among my resistances, I have poison resistance that's under :Dark resistance: at :LvL:10: so it's either ineffective or weak against me.

After he confirmed his location and his body's age which is in its teens(Which is also random because of the skills being quite powerful.), he immediately found a way to get money using his skills, gathered information from the books of the library he visited, and after securing a good source of money which is the current Lavenders, he used his connection as a merchant to gain a great reputation and more information that is not usually revealed to the public. Got land in the capital of Alphore and stayed here for 2 years which leads to this talk.

Of course, I also told him my story which made him... burst into laughter.

"Seriously, man!? UWAHAHAHA, pant... pant... Wait, pant… wheeze..."

After a few minutes, he calmed down.

"But seriously, you have quite a bad situation, don't you? Losing your emotions and such. Yeah, right. From now on, how should I call you? He, or she?" He asked after taking a sip from his tea to calm himself and gave me a pitiful look.

"Well, it's not like I care about that, but please refer to me as she, since that seems more right."

"I see, I got it. So? What are you going to do regarding your emotions? You're a celestial vampire which means you're Eternally young. Asking for help from short-lived races will only make you lonely... Sorry about that, I forgot that you already lost them..." He said and apologize while avoiding eye contact with a sympathizing look on his face.

Isn't he nice?

"I'm fine, you don't have to feel so down."

"Sigh* I got it. With that said, I have a theory!" He said as he quickly stood and punched the air upwards while looking at me.

"What is it?"

He sat down and took a sip of his tea.

"What if, you actually still have your feelings and emotions deep inside you, you just can't pull them out. But with an extremely emotional situation, they might resurface!" He said while placing his hand on his chin feeling proud of himself.

"Hmm, that might be possible..." I said, slightly nodding to his theory.

"But that theory still doesn't help me in any way except for the possibility that that idea might be true. Also, talking about extreme. What kind of extreme situation? What level of extreme? Will it actually work?" I asked after taking a sip from the tea provided. It's pretty good.

"That, I don't know. But there's still the possibility that you already lost your emotions permanently or temporarily. Ouh, it's already dark outside, you should get back home, Man Orto might be worried. For the time being, I'll give you this. It has an effect that allows the wearer to talk to those registered in it. I invented it back then, but nobody would believe me so we're the only ones who have it." He said as he took my hand and gave me an autumn leaf hairpin.

We got out of the room after he turned off the anti-eavesdropping magic circle and sent me off.

"We'll get going then," I said while carrying the sleeping Orto-san and pushed the door while slightly waving towards Reg.

"Umu, take care." He nodded and waved back.

"That's quite a lot, but it's a shame that she wasn't a fellow yuri fan, too bad." Reg sighed and shook his head and locked the door.

***Orto's POV***

"Hmmu?" I moaned as I felt something unusual on my bed beside me.

!?

How did I get here?! What about little Celes?! What if that Reg did something to her?!

Hm?

"Uu uuhn. Oh, good morning, Mr. Orto, I brought you back home, but you won't wake up no matter how hard I hit you... huuuaan... un..."

No matter how hard she hit me? Thank god I wasn't awake, that must have hurt. No, that doesn't matter right now! What matters is...!

"W-why are you naked!? What if people saw us. What will you do if they labeled me as some sort of criminal, huh?!"

"Hm? Naked? Ah, it's because after I sucked some of your blood your body felt warm and I fell asleep here..."

"Sucked? No. None of that answers my question about why you're naked!"

"You must have taken them off..." She said before laying in the bed and falling asleep.

"Me?! How?! I won't do such a thing!" I shouted while trying to wake her up.

Knock knock knock*

"Ack! This isn't good!" I whispered to myself as I quickly hid Celes-chan on the other side of the bed under the sheets away from the door, and grabbed my shirt.

"I'm going in, okay?"

"Ah, yes, it's fine, Zena."

"Seriously, get rid of that bad habit of rising late of yours. Hurry up and get ready, the boss will seriously fire you if you keep that up. Hm?"

*** Celes' POV***

I guess I'll play with Orto a little bit again.

"Uuhn, Mr. Orto?" I pretended to wake up and asked for Orto-san.

"Little Celes!? Now is not the right time to wake u-" He whispered to me.

"Orto? What are you doing sleeping with a little girl while naked?! HMMM?!" The girl said while looking really scary. For Orto, that is.

Chance.

"Who is she, Mr. Orto? A new girl again? Am I not enough?" I said with a teary eye and looked down onto the Orto on the floor.

"Little Celes, this is not the time for your jokes! Ouch!"

" A new girl!? How many did you bring home, huh!? Orto, get here, you...!" The girl interrupted Orto by pulling on his hair.

Offer your prayers. I'll clear the misunderstanding later after I finished dressing in one of the clothes I got from Reg.

*****

71