06 – A strange job…
1.8k 0 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days passed after Orto took a beating from Zena.

We're currently looking for a job for me since we both know that Orto can't keep me without working and helping with my everyday needs. We tried going into the military, but they said that children can't join the army even though we kept saying that I'm not a kid they still kept insisting.

We tried going to the Hunters' Guild and the same issue occurred, saying that only adults who are 15 years older are allowed to become a hunter and even added that I'm not even 10 years old. I know that I'm not even a month old but, this appearance is just unfair. We kept going for combat-type jobs and kept it up after a few more days. It's been a week since Orto took a beating from Zena. We gave up on the combat-type jobs and started looking for normal jobs that even a child could do.

Of course, prostitution is out of the question, I don't care about doing it, but people will look down on me and my reputation will take a 180° to a lowly whore. It's also not very safe work and absolutely out of the question.

We asked Reg, but he said that even if the inside is more than 70 years old, it will still hurt his morals to make a little girl work, even if it's just on the outside. There's also the fact that he already has enough staff.

The capital is huge so there has to be a job out there that even I can do.

Another 3 days have passed and still nothing. We tried applying for restaurants and such but most of them said they have enough waitresses already and the others need those with mature bodies to bring more customers.

Zena barged into Orto-san's house and said that she can't take it anymore and introduced us to a business owner. What kind of business? It's a weird business.

Employees are required to look like less than 10 years old on the outside, cute, and innocent looking. After passing the first requirements, you will be given different roles that you must play while in front of the customers, as a test you're going to serve the other existing employees and will be hired after taking a suitable role. And somehow, the place is flooded with customers. They're either lolicons or just passing by. By the way, it's a restaurant and the place is quite big, I think the dining room is about 10 meters in length and 13 meters in width. It's a big place alright. (Author: Did any of that make sense?)

And incidentally, I'm a 10-year-old looking cute girl. Why can I say I'm cute considering that the tastes may differ? Because of Orto, obviously. As for my looks; Silver hair with several pink and purple strands, purple iris and red pupils, small pale lips and my physique is; height is above 4 feet, definitely barely B cup, white skin, and fairly shaped hips. There's only one good thing if you look at it from a grown girl's perspective.

This brings us here. I'm being tested.

"I have some questions. What are the current roles that the others are playing? What roles can I take?" I raised my left hand and asked the head chef and the owner.

"Hmm, let's see. We currently have 5 waitresses and their roles are; the little sister, the innocent, the angel, the wanna-be mature, and lastly the seductive big sister(Even tho she's small.). You can think of your own role as you go, you can take several roles every time you serve a meal. Good luck."

"I see, then can I be the expressionless one?"

"Nope, if you were to do that, there's no point. But I assume that you can force expressions, yes?"

"Yes, I sure can," I said with a cheerful smile.

"Yup, with that, you only need to take a role now. You pass on all of the other requirements. Let's get started with the role test. I'll give you 5 minutes every time you serve a meal with another role as an interval. Go get ready." He said while I was trying to find a chair.

As for my role... how about sadistic? No, that only works in Bl*nd *...

The concept of tsundere doesn't exist in this world so that's an out...

"Why not try a clumsy, shy character?"[Head Chef] The head chef said noticing that I'm having a hard time choosing a role.

Then, let's just go for that for the first try. 3 years in the entertainment club, don't fail me now.

"Okay, I'll go get the meal." I get out of the room and took two plates of meals from the kitchen counter.

The act is up. I readied myself and my facial expressions. As I did that, I noticed that I'm not feeling nervous at all. Not feeling nervous brings its advantages and disadvantages, for example; instincts also have something to do with being nervous, being nervous lets you know that you're against something great and fierce.

Enough of this, and let's get this done.

First try: Shy and clumsy character

"Uh, um, h-here's your meal, e-enjoy. Please c-call for me for anything else..." I said with teary eyes, shaking arms, looking down and not giving any sort of eye contact while fidgeting around, and walked away wearily.

"Hmm, you're good at acting but, your eyes just don't give any life to your character. It's like an emotionless someone trying to be someone else. Next character." He said as the head chef nodded in agreement.

Well, you're not wrong though, I am emotionless right now.

"What character should I go for this time?" I asked tilting my head to the side.

"Try a delinquent. I don't recommend this, but it's what we need right now." He said before giving a deep sigh.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Well, you see, this restaurant has 'little girls' serving the customers. They are all capable fighters, but lately, a lot of tourists have been visiting the capital, and a lot of new customers are trying to assault our girls so a delinquent is a good option for us to stop those guys. Give them a death glare and they'll definitely stop. It's not that easy though." He said before giving yet another deep sigh.

I see...

"I see, so you want me to develop a reputation as a delinquent so that rumors will spread and new customers will bring less trouble, and you also want me to stand as the guard supposed that there's someone the other girls can't go against, no?" I asked.

"Ah yes, yes, that is the case, with that said we'll be needing to test your combat capabilities as well, is that okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine with that. I'll get ready then."

After leaving the room I readied myself and took a 'looking down on someone' attitude, took off my hoodie and tied it around my waists, and rolled up the right sleeve of my shirt, I'm ready.

I entered the room, and the act is up.

Second try: Delinquent character

"Here! Quickly eat your fill and stop bothering me! Go call me just once if you need anything! Call me twice and you'll need to pay a tip!" I said as I simply banged the plates onto the table before turning around, stepping away once, and turned around again to face the owner and head chef.

"How is that?" I asked.

"Those dead eyes of yours go with the character in a good way, and the attitude is a little bit more aggressive, you're gonna have to mind your manners a little bit, but still have to be rude. Why not use polite words and a rude attitude together? That should be good enough." He said as he stood up from his chair.

"I'll do just that." I agreed as I nodded.

"With that settled, let's test your capabilities. Cole." He said as he commanded the head chef to attack me.

"Roger that!"  He followed as he jumped out of his chair towards me, clenched, and pulled back his fist as magic power gathered and concentrated around his body, getting ready to throw a punch.

We're doing it here?

As I was surprised, I noticed that he was going slow, or is my speed and reaction just too fast for him?

But how should I fight back, wait, am even I allowed to? Then I'll just bow to dodge his punch.

"I'm looking forward to working with you," I said as I bowed to dodge his punch.

"Whistle That's some good reaction speed, you even had the time to observe and think about what you're going to do. You definitely pass. I'm looking forward to working with you as well. And also, that's my strongest attack so I highly doubt that there's going to be some bastard customer that can go against you." He said before giving me a thumbs up and a bright smile.

"Congratulation on passing. I'm Eloc, the owner of this restaurant and many more unique businesses. Our schedule starts from the first bell of the morning to the 3rd bell of the evening. Your lunch can be whenever you want, as long as we're not as busy as the evening schedules. With that done and said, I'll go call the others for you to get to know each other." He then turned around to go get the others.

"Okay."

"Go get in, guys."

8 people entered the room and lined themselves in front of me and the owner.

"Hmu. Everyone, this is Celeste Crourem, she'll be working with us as a waitress from now on."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Celeste Crourem. I'll be working with you from now on, please treat me well." I introduced myself before bowing.

*****

69