An Apology
680 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone, Jess here.

I haven't been keeping up with updates recently and I rather dislike that. Unfortunately, life has spiraled a bit and keeping hold of this rodeo circus has proven to require a lot more of my focus over the last couple months than would allow for me to function at all and still be able to write. 

For one, my spouse has just had major surgery less than a week back. We had a scary brush with cancer and it ended with the complete removal of some malfunctioning organs. I'll not discuss further than that to maintain their privacy, but as a result, we no longer have a full income for the next month while they recover. I've been playing nurse-maid as best I can, but I'm still stuck in the body of a disabled adult. We have a small savings account that we'll be using to supplement, but my patreon is the only active money I have coming in for the time being. To add to all of that clusterfuck, we just got word two weeks back that we have a family member essentially on his deathbed back in our old home state. We are going to have to make a trip across the country to see him and that costs money we don't have.

I'm not going to sugarcoat this, I'm asking for some help. For those of you who are struggling to make your own ends meet, this message only explains my lack of production recently (for which I feel terrible, by the way). If any of you are in a position to though, I would like to offer a special on my patreon for the next little while. The next five that sign up at tier 2 will also get a short work request that I will fulfill on priority. There are benefits to being part of the patreon including  commissioned art, other stories, and early access to a writing challenge that I'm taking part in and the shared universe that it is set in (one that you can join too!). 

Dark and scary as life is, Hope never dies. We are not all there is to this universe, but we flow through it just as it flows through us. It is my truest hope that the universe will provide to those who put good into it. 

Slipspace isn't dead still, I promise that. I'm still far too excited to see this story come to a real conclusion to let anything else happen. Special thanks to PurpleCatGirl and Kathryn who still continue to inspire me to explore new worlds and just as many thanks to all of you readers. An aspiring author lives off of the interactions of readers, don't let me die!

Love you all! -Jessica Rae, Keeper of The Mirror

 

35