Chapter 34 – Arc 2 – Interlude – A Servant Discovers?
215 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week after the mistress' declaration, nothing happened.

 

The days continued as usual. Meditation in the morning and evening. Training filled everything in between.

 

If there was anything that she noticed that was different it was that she noticed her mistress was far more absent-minded.

 

When the time came for us to again visit Master Gao’s house, which was rebuilt but for some reason barely used anymore, and spend a night there since there were no recruits there to bother us, a change had appeared.

 

On the way, she noticed her Young Miss smile. That smile brought shivers down her spine. 

 

Deep down, Tao Fang figured that her mistress had achieved what she sought out, and from this day on she would be learning new forms of the nightly discipline, as her miss had called them.

 

Once we were inside that room, her mistress spoke. “ Fang, from this point everything we do will be different. Have you meditated on everything that has been said before? ”

 

“ Yes, Miss. ” That she had indeed done. 

 

After she had calmed down and meditated upon all the revelations that were said to her, she could recognize the notions of domination and submission in her memories. And there were a lot of them.

 

In truth, it was at that moment that she realized that all her life she had been dominated by somebody or something. There were only two instances that could approximate even a slimmer of domination. 

 

The first time was when she sought a way to improve her own status by becoming a personal servant of the Young Miss. It was brief but that was the first time she rebelled against everything that she knew and experienced. 

 

The only other time was when she spent time with her mistress and pleasured her. It had never lasted for long, now she could recognize those moments. The feelings in those memories were faint and hidden behind the commands that the mistress had given her, but they were there.

 

“ Good. ” Her mistress said and twirled her right hand a bit. In it appeared a long and thick rod with a strangely shaped head and two bulbs attached at the other end. 

 

Seeing the thing in the Young Miss’s hand, Tao Fang had no idea what to say or feel. 

 

In truth, this was the first time she had ever seen a man’s privates. It was veiny and its size projected oppression. 

 

Without Tao Fang even realizing, her face had turned beat red, her breaths turned more shallow and her pupils had dilated as she gazed at the thing in her hand. 

 

In truth, she should be looking away from that hideous thing, but for some strange reason, her gaze fixated on it.

 

Noticing her behavior, Yu Jiao smiled and twirled the thing in her hand slowly and watched her servants fixate on it. Still, as fun, as it was on her end, she spoke and broke her fixation.

 

“ Fang, what do you think? ” Hearing her question, Tao Fang found herself and looked at the person asking the question while giving a naughty smile on her face. “ Any first impressions of it? ”

 

“ It, it, it's big? ” Stuttering a bit, Tao Fang replied. “ M, Mis, I don't want to put your skills in question, but, are you sure you have made it correctly? ”

 

“ Oh, don't worry about the size. ” Still retaining the smile Jiao replied. “ I would not have called it a multipurpose tool if it could not change its size. ” Immediately she showcased it by having the thing in her hand grow and shrink however she wanted. “ Or its shape. ” Again the thing changed, but gained a curve on one side, and then changed the direction of the curve. As well as having some parts grow bigger or smaller.

 

No matter how Tao Fang looked at it, the oppressive feeling she felt inside her, only increased. She heard a gulping sound from her throat before her mistress spoke again. “ There are a few more things I added, but those can wait for later. You just need to know that I have given it the variety that exists in men. ”

 

“ Now, let me say one more thing before we begin. ” Saying that she noticed her Young Misses face turned serious. “ As I said last week, as I was a man in my past life, I will have it easier to dominate you in most things, especially you since you are a servant and are used to being on the receiving end of things. Remember how I said that men and women practice domination differently. In general life there is not much difference, maybe they approached things differently, but when it comes to the nightly disciplines it's a whole nother story. ”

 

“ I remember, Miss. ” Tao Fang replied. “ What is the difference? ”

 

“ You will see and experience. ” Her mistress answered. “ What I need you to know is that due to my memories of being a man I can recreate that part easily. But when it comes to how a woman does it, it will be different. I have seen a few things and I know the general theory about it, it will be a different thing when executed. So remember how I had you promise me that you will have faith in me that I have your best interests at heart? ” 

 

Remembering that part clearly, Tao Fang nodded. “ Good, because that will be very important from now on. I will be gentle at first for you to get used to being with a man, but little by little I will be rougher with you, until the point where I deem it that you have experienced being dominated. It will be easier on you since you are not that far down the bottom line but we will establish a safe word that when spoken, all our activities will end for that time. ”

 

“ I understand, Miss. ” Tao Fang replied. “ What kind of word will it be? ”

 

“ We will decide later since we won't need it this early. ” Jiao answered. “ With that said, let's begin by taking everything we are wearing down, I have another little surprise for you. ”

 

Hearing the command, Tao Fang obeyed and when they both were naked, she looked at the familiar young body of the mistress she served. 

 

Not long ago, the Miss had a small celebration of her 14th birthday, but when she compared her current body to the first time she had been with her, she had no choice but to admit that some fluttery feelings bubbled inside her, despite her mistress not changing much in this half a year since they started this. 

 

If there was anything that changed then it was her chest. It had grown a bit, but that did not console the Young Miss. She had often overheard how she hated being smaller and how often she considered interfering with her growth just to not be small in the future.

 

Ignoring those thoughts for a bit, Tao Fang looked directly into her mistress's eyes and noticed a twinkle in them, as if something interesting was on her mind. 

 

Being constantly by her side had enabled Tao Fang to be more familiar with her mistresses' notions. In the next second, she saw the appearance of her mistress' phantom. 

 

She had often seen it while the Young Miss she served fought with Master Gao, and altho she was never able to win, the fights had turned out to be very informative. 

 

She had learned a lot about fighting by watching the two of them.

 

In the next moment the phantom that had borne a female appearance that resembled her mistress changed. It still retained the youthful look but gone was its female appearance instead what appeared was a boy in its place. 

 

In her mind, it was as if a twin of the mistress had appeared. Next moment the phantom merged with the mistress and seconds later, she no longer looked at the mistress that she served but a young master.

 

Stunned and shocked by the event, Tao Fang remained speechless for a few moments. 

 

“ What do you think? ” A voice woke her up. It was familiar and yet it was not. “ It took me most of the week to perfect it to this degree. ”

 

“ M, Miss you turned into a boy? ” Still unsure of what to take from all this, Tao Fang asked. 

 

“ Silly girl, of course not. ” Her mistress answered and motioned for her to get closer and pointed down between her legs. “ I can't be a boy without something hanging there. Still, this is more like an illusion than a real transformation. Touch it and tell me what you think? ”

 

Nodding, Tao Fang began touching here and there. Her mistress's modest soft chest was gone and no matter how she touched there, there was only the hardness of what she assumed would be a man's chest. 

 

“ Miss, this is amazing. ” Tao Fang said with a facial expression matching her words. 

 

“ In some way that it is. ” Jiao replied. “ I am lucky I did not yet make my phantom into an Ability. Now that I have been reminded of this, I will have to implement it too. As it is right now, it will be easy to see through it with one's Divine Sense. Anyway, there is still the finishing touch. ” She said.

 

Wondering what she meant, Tao Fang saw her mistress' right hand which was still holding that thing, attached a bit above the nether of her legs. 

 

The next second, the Young Miss turned Young Master, twirled his hips left and right, up and down, and that thing started rotating around like a windmill.

 

Seeing it happen, Tao Fang had no idea what kind of feelings it had provoked. For a second it was a shame that she was witnessing it in the first place. A few more came and went, but ultimately what remained was just strangeness. 

 

Her Young Miss turned Young Master, only expressed jubilation that showed her triumph. 

 

“ Haha, I missed doing that. ” She heard her Young Miss say in that strangely deeper voice right after she stopped twirling her hips. “ Fang, you need to stop being surprised at everything that you see. I am sure there are stranger Mantras and Spirit Arts than a simple illusion like I am doing right now. You have entered the cultivation world, anything and everything is possible to happen, much less all evil things that are possible. The only difference is the chance of you witnessing it in your own eyes. ”

 

“ Anyway, there is a reason as to why I decided on this illusion. ” She heard her mistress say in her new form. “ We need you to experience what it means to be dominated by both males and females, so it's best if we separate the experiences from now on. After we are done with you, I will use this illusion on you, only adapted to your appearance. ”

 

“ Miss? Why use it on me? ” Tao Fang asked.

 

“ I told you last week that I have been avoiding some things. ” Jiao said. “ I have memories of being a man in my past life, as such, I simply am not yet ready to let some stranger inside me. So I decided on somebody who I am already in bed with, meaning you. Since fingers can't help me, the illusion will be the bridge between the me that has no experience being with a man and the future me that will not have any problems doing it with them. At the same time, I will be your practice target to learn about domination. ”

 

Speechless at what she heard, Tao Fang had no idea what to do. On the one hand, she would have somebody to practice the stuff she needed to learn, on the other it would be the mistress that she served.

 

“ Tao Fang, don't think too hard about it. This was bound to happen at some point. The only difference is when I would have done this, and if the target would be you or somebody else. ” Tao Fang heard the seriousness of her mistress and nodded.

 

“ I understand, Miss. I will try my best to help you as much as possible. ”

 

“ Good, now touch it. ” The order sounded out in her ears. 

 

Tao Fang looked between the head that gave the order and the thing that was pointed out and she had to touch. She took a deep breath to calm her insides and executed the order. 

 

Her left hand went for it, only to stop just barely before it touched it.

 

When she finally did touch it with her finger, it felt similar to how it felt to touch her own skin. 

 

Having overcome the strangeness of it all, she began to use more fingers, before finally, she found the courage to grip the handle with her hand.

 

Although that is all she did before her mistress spoke again. “ The front part that looks a bit like a mushroom, is the most sensitive spot on the male thing, well aside from their jewels. Touch it. ” 

 

Following the command, Tao Fang felt that its texture was slightly different from the skin she had felt before. 

 

“ Remember when I gave you pleasure, on the bean? ” Remembering it all for a second, Tao Fang nodded.

 

“ Well… that mushroom head and your bean are of the same texture and qualities. ” Her mistress explained. “ That is why when they are stimulated they bring forth the same pleasure. Only the difference is how it happens and what happens after one reaches the peak. I am sure you have heard what happens to men when they do it? ”

 

Still touching the mushroom head, Tao Fang nodded. Everybody knew what happened when men reached their peak.

 

“ Well let me give you a little tip. ” Looking away from the mushroom head for a second, Tao Fang saw her mistress smile. “ When men are aroused, their blood enters the rod and that is how it grows bigger. That is why they have a limit on how many times they can do it, but we do not have that problem. We women can just go on and on and let's not mention that our peaks last for longer than theirs. It is for that reason that the amount of pleasure we endure is far far greater than a man will ever know. ”

 

“ Really? ” Tao Fang questioned. 

 

“ Yes, but be careful of it. Such an amount of pleasure is a double-edged sword. ” Her mistress cautioned. “ On one hand it feels good, really good. On the other hand, if you embrace so much pleasure it is easy to get consumed by it, and when you do you can kiss your domination goodbye. It will be a wonder if you can lead a normal life without it, otherwise, you will evolve into a slave to the pleasure and become nothing but a plaything for men. ”

 

Shivers went down her spine when she considered the possibility. Rumors of sex slaves or servants as they were mentioned always existed. It was the one thing all female servants dreaded, to have their bodies used and then thrown away. So far she had not heard or seen it in person, but the possibility always existed.

 

“ Miss, what should I do if it happens to me? ” She asked.

 

“ First, I won't let that happen. ” Her mistress declared. “ Second, unless drugs are used, our bodies will reset themselves with enough time passed. Third, if you already know the pleasure then it can not overwhelm you to the point that it becomes an addiction. “ A second later she explained. ”Second, I can not prevent it. But your cultivation that is based on Vital Yin Qi will make that obsolete unless something was used beyond the boundary of your cultivation. At that point, you grind it down slowly. ”

 

“ As for the third. Well for that practice is required and for that, I am here for you and you are there for me. ” Assured her mistress and had her stop touching the thing and its mushroom head, only to move on the bed and motion for her to lay beside her.

 

“ In my past life, I have read that pleasure was used for torturing and mental conditioning of people. ” Jiao said with a forlorn look. “ I know it's possible, so let me give you another piece of advice. Embrace pleasure but never let it rule your life. Pleasure is there for you to enjoy, not for it to control you. ”

 

“ Understood, Miss. ” Tao Fang said and buried the words in her heart, and the seed that was growing inside her, although she had no idea about that part.

 

“ Good, let's continue. ” Her Young Miss said. “ Out of remembrance of the past, I have tied the head of this mushroom to my own bean so that when I pleasure you I will receive pleasure in return. With that being said, I want you to do the same to it as you did to my bean. ”

 

Racing the command, Tao Fang, blinked a few times and pondered on it. She took the rod and held it straight up and brought her mouth closer to it. Now that she looked at it closer, it was not as hideous as she first imagined it, but it was strange to look at it. 

 

Finding her courage, she kissed the top. It felt like skin, only a softer variety than she remembered, but the taste was not there. Stopping for a second, she questioned her mistress. 

 

“ Miss, how accurate is this tool? ”

 

“ Hmm. Well, I can't just go around asking people to show me their rods, so I based it on my memories and a few other things. ” Her mistress answered. “ Since I can change its look and make it look like anything, it can be as accurate as I want it to be with the looks. The feeling on the other hand is based on my memories. Anything else like taste or smell is out of my hands, currently. Please don't ask me how it should taste or smell. I liked women back then and I still do now, so I have no idea. ”

 

Nodding, Tao Fang began to kiss and lick as she used to do on the mistress' bean. But after some instructions from her mistress, she tolerated it without a problem, even if it was a strange way to please someone. 

 

“ Hmm, haa. Feels like the pleasure is transferring correctly, if not as intense as I thought it would be. Never mind, I can fix it in the future. ”

 

Soon after, Tao Fang was instructed on how to please the mushroom on the rood with her tongue, and then came time for the mouth. She almost choked the first time she did it. Her mistress only said that practice would help with that.

 

After a few position shifts, she felt her jaw tire, but when she glanced at the pleasured face of the male version of the mistress, she somehow found that she did not mind it that much and just continued till her miss finally shuddered. 

 

“ Huh, that was good. Ok, it's time for the real thing, I mean the fake real thing. ” Declared her mistress and had her lay down on her back and slowly spread herself only for shame to return as the strange new and yet familiar face stared there. 

 

In reflex, she closed her legs, but with one order from her mistress, that was changed. Soon her mistress licked and pleasured her down there. With some fingers, she only added to the pleasures received. 

 

Reaching the peak once, she became numb for a tiny amount of time when she noticed her mistress had positioned herself between her legs and had the rood placed where it was supposed to go, but just because it was supposed to go there, did not mean there was no anxiety or fear about it. 

 

In immediate response to those, her stomach muscles clamped down and when they did the place where the rod was supposed to go, did the same. 

 

In response to the anxiety, she spoke. “ Miss, are you sure that it will go inside? Is it not too big? ”

 

“ Too big? ” Her mistress questioned as she looked at the rod. “ No, I do not think so. I based it on the size I had as an adult in that life, so no. Besides this place was designed to stretch to accommodate babies, and this tool ain't as big a baby is. I mean have you seen how big a baby's head is? It's so big that women have trouble giving birth to children. ”

 

“ Umm. I was the youngest in the family, so I am not sure of what you're saying, Miss. ” A bit perplexed, Tao Fang admitted to her mistress.

 

Noticing the anxiety in her servant, Yu Jiao considered her options. On one hand, she could just force it, but she knew that was a bad idea, so she decided on the second option. 

 

To distract Tao Fang, she used the rod to get her used to its presence near the entrance. 

 

“ Ok I will leave the details for later but I can tell you why our heads are so big that even childbirth became a problem. ” Hearing the deeper voice of her mistress, Tao Fan began to calm down, despite the rod making her remember its presence. 

 

“ The intelligence of a species is dependent on the size of their brain. ” He mistress explained. “ There is more to it of course, like energy consumption, the way it is structured, but in general, the bigger the better. Animals can't even be compared to the size of a human in terms of brain size. It's why we are smarter and why we can do all the stuff that we can do. The problem for us humans is that our brains got so big that we have trouble giving birth because of it. I will tell you the details of everything that I know about childbirth later but suffice to say, it is a small price to pay for the intelligence that we gain in return. ”

 

Hearing all that, made Tao Fang consider motherhood from a different perspective, only the rod was quite distracting to feel. 

 

A second later her mistress spoke again. “ Have you ever wondered why beasts only gain intelligence after they have increased in size? Well, I am not entirely sure but to me it makes sense. The size of the brain is proportional to the size of the being that uses it. No matter how one cultivates, the brain won't grow on its own just like that. Alongside the size increase of the Beast their brains grow bigger and it gains more space to develop their intelligence. Too bad… ”

 

RIP

 

Tao Fang cried, as the rod suddenly entered without her expecting it. The first sign of it was pain. It was sharp as if a spike had pierced her stomach, which was not that wrong, to be honest. 

 

Either way, her innards felt the pain and the muscles surrounding the rod clamped real hard on it. 

 

Without her noticing it she had been grunting and her hands had clamped on the bed cover real hard. It took her a while to realize that the pain was lessening and that her eyes had been closed during her penetration.

 

Once she opened them, she noticed that her mistress had been panting real hard alongside her.

 

“ You okay? Does it still hurt so much? ” Her mistress asked slowly, so she nodded.

 

“ Alright, let me help. ” With that said she began to feel her mistress play with her bean. She was unsure how that would help but after some time it helped. 

 

That was when she felt it, the rod inside her moved, slowly at first. Back and forth it went, slowly. 

 

With those actions and time, her insides relaxed and she began to feel strangeness as the rod stretched her all the time.

 

It wasn't painful but it wasn't pleasant either. But when enough time passed that mix began to shift and pleasure began to appear, if slowly. 

 

That was when she felt a shudder and her focus enlarged to notice the male version of the mistress's heave and pant. Her face said it all, she was feeling overwhelming pleasure contrary to her.

 

“ Miss, can we stop? ” Tao Fang begged a bit before she felt the rod leave her insides, slowly.

 

When it was done, she felt as if a hole had been opened inside her.

 

“ Can you concentrate and feel your Qi? ” She heard her mistress ask. “ Remember that your Qi is based on Vitality. It will help you with the pain. ”

 

Hearing hope, Tao Fang tried her best to concentrate but it was not easy. The phantom cavity that she felt, even though her inner muscle had contracted, did not help. Still, with the hope of feeling less pain, she centered herself and used the little amount of Qi that she had to guide it towards the pain. 

 

To her relief, it was not hard, since the place it kept gathering was right above it. 

 

Like a flood, the Qi began to work its magic, and the pain quickly vanished.

 

It took a while since her Qi reserves were not that developed. Once the Qi that usually gathered near her baby room was used up, she called forth more from every piece of her body. 

 

Unknown to how much time passed, she opened her eyes to see her mistress laid beside her, only the male illusion was gone and she was naked. Noticing her leaving meditation she spoke.

 

“ How is it? Better? ”

 

“ It is. ” Tao Fang replied. “ Much better. The pain is almost gone. But for some reason, I can feel pulses throb in the same place. They make me feel as if there is a cave inside me. ”

 

“ I am sorry for that. ” She heard her mistress say. 

 

“ Miss? ”

 

“ I may have underestimated how much pain you would feel. ” She said. “ I used to be average in size back there, so I made the rod the same. I may have forgotten that those of the Eastern strain of humanity are usually smaller than the Western-type. So the size was too big for your first time. The sensations transferred to me were quite strong so my mind became addled to them. I forgot I could just shift the size as I want, to make it easier on you. ”

 

Seeing the rare apologetic look on her mistress's face, Tao Fang was lost for words. Especially since they were meant for her. “ It's alright, Miss. The pain is almost gone. It's not my place to say it but, I just wish you had told me of the possibility that the Qi could have helped me sooner. That is all. ”

 

“ I am sorry, I forgot. But in my defense, I must say that I doubt you would have been able to bypass the pain and reach the trance needed for it. ” 

 

Gone was the apologetic look and back came the normal mistress look. Yet, Tao Fang tried her best to save that memory for the future, after all, who knew when the next one might happen or be related to her.

 

Nodding once for the mistress to see she understood her reasoning, wondered what to do now when a memory came to her. “ Miss, you said that I would be able to do the same to you. Does that still apply? ”

 

“ Yes, I was about to bring it up. ” Another rare anxiety Jiao look came over her mistress when she replied. “ But before that, we need to work on your male look. ”

 

With that said, her mistress summoned her phantom that had already taken her naked appearance but when she saw it Tao Fang became astounded. Never before had she seen herself appear in such a quality. 

 

Back in the capital, her mistress had a big mirror. It was enough to check herself out, on occasion but seeing something in the mirror and seeing something so lifelike was very different, much less seeing it naked.

 

She looked at the woman that displayed sensual curves along with a pouty but clean face. 

 

Her brown eyes and black short black hair that she had cut on the suggestion of her mistress that it would ease physical training displayed a young and pretty woman. 

 

“ Miss, is this me? ” She asked and her mistress answered with a nod. “ If so, why do I appear so… beautiful? I was never that pretty. ”

 

“ Nah, that is you. The reason it appears beautiful to you is that the illusion is based on the current you. ” Her mistress answered. “ You were never ugly in the first place. It may have been a while since you last had seen your reflection so the effect has only increased. The past half a year as you and I played a few times a week, it has conditioned your body to improve your womanly charms. That is the natural way our bodies attract males of sufficient quality. Only in your case, that effect has increased slightly due to the Vital Yin Qi that you gained. ”

 

Blinking away the appearance of her reflection, she looked at her mistress and asked the most important question. “ Does this mean I will become more beautiful as I increase my cultivation? ”

 

“ Yes. ” Her mistress confirmed. “ All cultivation has such an effect. It brings about the best of the one cultivating, whether for good or bad. How it does and how much it does, depends on the Mantra, the type of Qi cultivated, and the stage of the Cultivators. In your case, the Vital Yin Qi is heavily influenced by the chemicals that it's based upon and those in return influence heavily how femininity is developed in a person. Because of that, if a man cultivated a Mantra based on Vital Yin Qi, even if it was slow as hell, they would slowly lose their masculinity and with time would in turn become females in everything but their manly bits. I don't think those will vanish, but they definitely will not use it for their intended purpose as I doubt they will even be able to get it hard. ”

 

Finding it hard to believe, Tao Fang, could not imagine a man like that. Still, her heart fluttered when she considered that her beauty would increase. “ Miss, can you tell me how great the beautifying effect will be? ”

 

“ No. ” Her Young Miss replied. “ But I am sure of one thing. If the current you is the base with which you start your cultivation journey, then in the future men will be drooling just to see you. For that reason, you need to put even more effort into training and cultivating. You don't want to end up pretty just for a man to come and claim you for his own harem and become his plaything. You want to be able to beat the shit out of men like that. ”

 

“ Yes, Miss. ” She replied happily at the possible future and resolved that she will put even more effort into everything that she did.

 

“ Good, let's start this. ” Mistress said and had her phantom overlap with her figure. Immediately she felt the restriction on the chest area. Unlike the Young Miss who still had years to finish developing her chest, hers was fully grown and she felt the restriction being placed on them.

 

“ Hmm. ” She heard her mistress hum and looked down at herself. Gone were the mounds that she was used to seeing and in their place flats appeared. Below them, muscles appeared, in a similar fashion that she had seen on some men. Below that tho was the main curiosity.

 

The rod that the mistress had used on her appeared. Touching it she felt the sensations appear on her bean. She kept touching it before the pleasure returned to her body and the heat inside her started building up.

 

Once it gained enough traction she looked at her mistress, laying there naked as if waiting for her to pounce on her while smiling. 

 

Seeing the invite she had grown used to after all this time, Tao Fang began doing the same she had always been doing. It was only after her mistress pointed out the possibility that she could and should do so.

 

Placing herself and the rod where it should go, she noticed something that she ignored before. “ Miss, it's smaller? ”

 

“ Hmph, of course, it's smaller. ” As if stating the obvious, her mistress explained. “ It does not matter if I can control my body's reactions or if there will be less pain, my body is smaller than yours. It would break me if it had stayed the same as yours had been. Soo, ugh, be gentle, please. Start slowly. It will be easier to enter than it was with you but, please go slow. ”

 

Seeing the pleading look her mistress showed, Tao Fang agreed, even if it was a bit unfair on her side. 

 

Tao Fang prepared the rod where it was to go in and did the same as it had been done to her. Sliding the rod enough to get it moist enough, and slowly testing the entrance. 

 

Every time she tried it, she saw the Young Misses, face frown and scrounge a bit. Seeing her like that, something clicked in her mind, and without any pre-warning, she suddenly pushed it in.

 

RIP

 

“ Aahhh. ” Shouted the Young Miss. “ Motherfucker, that hurts. ” Seeing her grunt and curse like that somehow brought a smile to her face.

9