35. Long Tian’s Memory, Die.
957 6 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Myriad Peaks, Holy Continent*)

On the peak of the highest mountain in the most fearsome mountain range, two figures can be seen facing each other.

A young man and a young lady.

They were both incredibly handsome and beautiful respectively. They both had an aura of majesty that seemed to emit from their very being and they both had swords around their waists that seemed accentuate their looks even more.

The peak was also stunning, it had lush green grass with trees and other vegetation. 

Some would believe this to be a paradise.

If a random passerby were to see this scene he would believe that both of the people on it were a match made in heaven from this picturesque scene!

However, what broke this image was the contrasting expressions on both's faces.

The young man seemed to be smiling confidently as if he had everything under his control, mean whilst the young lady had an emotionless expression that seemed to think of everything as futile and irrelevant.

The young man spoke with a powerful yet excited tone and said,

"Hua'er, If you just agree to become mine this farce will end and I will not have to hurt you!"

"If you agree to be mine, I can provide with all the love and riches you wish for!"

"If you just accept me, I will even promise to never have another woman!"

"So let's stop fighting and get to our wedding instead, Okay?"

"I want you to know that it will hurt me much more than you, if any injury is brought about because of my blade to you."

After his speech most women would have instantly became flustered and happy, however Lin Hua was completely unmoved and her expression had not changed a bit from it's original apathy.

She replied after a minute of silence, in a voice that could only be described as cold,

"Stop speaking nonsense Long Tian, I am only devoted to furthering my cultivation and following the path of the Dao to the pinnacle."

"The only reason I agreed to this battle was because your persistence and clingyness was becoming disgusting to me."

"If you stopped being such an imbecile and focused on cultivating you would have at least got my attention, as you are talented and could definitely achieve greatness."

"However, you, pestering me to try and profess your unwanted love is nothing short of stupidity."

"So for both my sake and yours, I have decided to teach you the disparity between us to show you reality and break your delusions."

After such words the atmosphere became more tense, however Long Tian's expression hadn't changed at all and in fact,

He started laughing!

"HAHAHAH, show the disparity between you and I?"

"You truly never fail to amaze me in the lack of creativity in your rejections; it really breaks my heart that you avoid me with such nonsensical excuses."

"Who doesn't know that I am peerless among the younger generation?"

"I, Long Tian, AM THE GREATEST!"

He then looked at her expression once more and only saw her usual expression.

He sighed and then said with a pitiful tone,

"Haiz... It truly is saddening that I will have to do this to you, however all will be fine on our wedding night once I get to show you my true prowess."

Soon they both pulled out their blades.

Lin Hua had an elegant sword that had a cold aura emanating from it.

Whilst Long Tian pulled out a seemingly average looking sword with nothing particularly fancy or outstanding about it.

However this was in fact a blade that we are very familiar with...

The God Slaying Blade!

...

In the next moment they both flashed from their spot and in the matter of seconds a series of clashing metal sounds, resounded throughout the peak.

The shock waves of such intense clashes caused the ambient scenery to become destroyed.

After minutes of clashes Long Tian rapidly backed away, and then unleashed one of the signature moves that made him renowned in the Holy Continent,

[Tyrannical Sword Series, Fifth Move]

[Heaven's Edge]

The Qi, from him and the surroundings, almost instantaneously coalesced into the blade which made the world itself began to fluctuate around it.

And once it was ready... Long Tian let out a ferocious slash!

This slash let out a tremendous shriek as it approached the seemingly feeble Lin Hua.

Just as the slash, that could split seas and cleave mountains, was going to connect with her.

She waved the sword in her hand relaxedly and used a mystique technique of her own,

[Plum Blossom Series, Third Step]

[ Ten Thousand Petals]

Soon enough, the immense amounts of Qi from the surroundings and her took the form of tens of thousands of pinkish violet petals which all intercepted the devastating slash of Qi which was made by Long Tian.

...

All Long Tian could see from the collision was dust, and he became a little nervous. This was basically the strongest move which he had prepared to defeat her with, and was afraid he hurt his future wife.

But just when he was getting a bit nervous.

Through the all the dust, a pink light could be seen flashing towards him.

His senses were good but not good enough, as in the next second he was slashed across the chest and fell to the ground weakly without realising what had hit him.

Once he made sense of things, a cold steel blade could be seen pointed at his neck.

A voice that was mainly monotone along with a trace of disdain called out to him at the other side of the sword.

"It's now over Long Tian."

"Now you should understand how pathetic you are behind your arrogant charade."

"Not only are you weak and stupid, you are also complete garbage."

"I'll never look at you again..."

"Because at the end of the day... you are nothing but an ant."

As he looked up to get a last glimpse of her due to the the dust clearing...

All he could see was her back.

Lin Hua then disappeared. Forever.

All that was left was a powerless Long Tian lying on the ground with blood flowing out his chest and a sorrowful look on his face.

He was surrounded by a scene of destruction as the once scenic peak was left with nothing but disaster.

...

He had... lost?

The person who, everyone called the reincarnation of an immortal, the one who had the title of Sword Saint, the one who everyone could only look up to...

Could only last one technique before he was defeated?!

He was in complete despair and disbelief.

All his life, he had been surrounded by praises and compliments.

Even when some arrogant young master tried his hardest to scheme against him, he had been able to exterminate them and their family to the roots.

His family now had authority higher that the royal family, and the gorgeous princess of the Holy continent was head over heels for him!

He had almost everything, even at such a young age...

Yet he couldn't even acquire the thing he wanted the most?!

That day was the first time the strong willed Long Tian had shed tears in his life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

(Bu Cai POV)

Getting up and coughing a mouthful of blood, I look ahead and see that arrogant pest rolling on the ground in pain like an injured dog.

HEHEHEHE.

Little fucker, how does it feel now?

Although the pain may feel bad for him now, wouldn't it be feel a lot better compared to knowing that I will take everything he was meant to have in this universe as he lies 6ft under in some shabby grave.

Hehehe.

Just the thought of it excites me to my core.

I pick up my blade and stumble towards the squirming pest, and put my blade sharp metal blade to his neck.

As it pierces deeper into his neck, crimson blood flows out.

Is this how the legendary 'Eternal Lord Of Primordial Chaos' Ends?

As the sword keeps getting deeper, I think to myself mockingly,

Maybe I should change his name to 'The Cockroach Of Eternal Foolishness'...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

*(Divine Sword Continent In Alternate Timeline)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

If you have any suggestions then feel free to leave them in the comments.

Thanks for reading.

34