37. Unfortunate Match-Up, Exhilaration
854 10 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Next Morning, Arena)

(Bu Cai POV)

Currently, I am sitting down in one of the waiting rooms for competitors.

I am face to face with a little girl with beautiful black hair, Ice cold eyes and a perfect face.

As you have guessed, I am with Xie Xinyi.

Currently, I am quite unsure what will happen with her in the plot as our pest is now hard simping for Song Ju.

However her status hasn't changed so she is still going to be one of Long Tian's cherished collec- *Cough* women.

This means that I will be able make use of her to force Long Tian as it seems our cockroach is no virtuous gentleman, what especially highlights this is his master level bedroom skills...

How many women must you fuck to be able to achieve that?!

And mean whilst this fucker has had been laid countless number of times, my handsome self has been a virgin for two Lives?

Maybe Xinyi and me could in the futu-

NO!

She is still a child! As someone who is mentally an adult and is has always been an upstanding member of society such sin shouldn't even be thought of no matter how desperate.

Even once she reaches the age of 18 (Assuming i get to live till then), I will be be in my late 30's!

...

Also I am no Long Tian, someone who can lust after kids. Even if he is only going for them because of their future beauty, as a modern man I cannot accept it!

Maybe his name should be pedo Tian?

Anyways, as I think of this, I also must keep up the conversation with Xinyi or else it will get very awkward once the flow of the conversation breaks.

"So Brother Bu? What do you think?"

Fuck.

I completely wasn't listening.

Most of the time I just stare at her stupidly stunning face which I still can't make sense of, or plan for how to deal with Long Tian.

I also ask a vague question once in a while so she can start rambling on more whilst nodding my head randomly at random intervals meaning my attention is not required for this.

But now she actually asked me a question ?

As I try to come up with some vague bullshit that will make be look refined, she looks at me with an intensely serious gaze.

Fuck. Fuck. And Fuck.

Is all my efforts to keep her as a contact really gonna end here.

Due to my fucking hormones going wild?

Just before the pretend thinking got to the point where she could tell I was acting. A spirit bell rang to indicate the start of the matches and the reveal of the fight schedule.

FUCK YES.

Saved by the bell.

I snap out my thoughts and tell her that it is a regret we couldn't continue, however we should definitely talk about it next time.

She nods and agrees that it is a shame as it was something very important to her, and she really needed my opinion.

...Oh well.

We then head off to the main arena where the masses of spectators can see the live fight between young kids for entertainment (Welcome to Xianxia).

Soon enough the announcer uses his voice infused with Qi to convey the same old introduction shit, then shortly after the match ups appeared,

...Xie Xinyi VS Kang Tu

...

...Bu Cai VS Song Ju

...

...Zhang Feng VS Zhu Qiu

...

...No Match: Long Tian

...

FUCKING PLOT!

I get hit with a nuclear bomb of an enemy in the form of Song Ju.

Whereas 'poor' Long Tian who is desperately recovering from the trauma and backlash of a heart demon that has been restrained for ages, gets an easy no match and no one fucking questions it!

And I have no time to lament over how absurd 'Plot' is either!

As I quickly have to devise a way to shock the representatives enough that they will want me, but not too much to the point where they would feel threatened by my existence and make my life harder.

Whilst also combating with someone who rolled and smoked the protagonist!

...

After the uneventful first match where decently strong YM got destroyed by Xie Xinyi.

It was my turn.

Taking steps towards the stage, nervousness builds up in me and my palms began to become sweaty.

The atmosphere once again started to make be slightly dazed and immersed, however I snapped out of it as I absolutely couldn't take it easy.

I focus my attention on the young girl in facing me on the opposite side of the stage.

Clean and simple white robes which contrasts her cascading black/dark blue hair, and deep violet eyes which could draw in even the most devout monk.

Although the lower part of her face was covered by a thin gauze, weirdly though, this instead of making her less eye catching and covering her beauty, it gave a sense of mysteriousness which also created certain charm.

Needless to say if the crowd didn't daze me, this sure did.

However I snapped out of this other distraction just before the judge began to announce the start of the match and focused completely on my next couple moves.

I had already decided on what plan of action to take so that I could surprise the audience, representatives and maybe even Song Ju during the previous match.

As the judge started to announce the start of the fight, a strange feeling which I found unexpected arose in me.

When a person usually goes into a fight that they know they are completely outmatched for, what do they feel?

I thought It would be something along the lines of,

Scared.

Anxious.

Possibly even resigned?

...

So why do I feel so... Exhilarated?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Yes I know.

I do use swear words alot in Bu Cai's POV.

This is because I feel that it portrays when he is nervous, mad, frustrated or shocked by something, quite well.

Since from my perspective, as a person who is living a hopeless and shitty life in a modern society, what else could you do but swear at everything that is wrong in life?

Of course this doesn't come from any life experiences or anything, as I have not experienced something incredibly life-alteringly horrible (I am fortunate), however this is just what i have imagined you would be like if you were as hopeless as Bu Cai.

So that is the reason behind why he constantly swears in his internal monologue if anyone is curious.

This may or may not change as Bu Cai's character changes and matures.

Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Any feedback is appreciated.

41