49. Experiences Throughout The Years (Part 3)
996 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that horrendous event, I had decided to go low key and focused on training harder than ever before.

I desired to have strength.

As with adequate strength, all schemes and trickery would be nothing in front of me.

With adequate strength I could have easily prevented myself from being completely stripped of all my hard work and wealth.

However I did not.

Therefore I was exploited and schemed against, over and over again, without being able to retaliate...

I had felt akin to a fish on a chopping board, that could used at anytime.

Luckily for me though, my tenth birthday was around the corner. This meant that I was going to awaken my spirit roots soon, and then would be able to begin to truly walk the path towards the power I desired.

All I could do was hope for the best and refine my foundation as much as I could as it is rumored that having a solid foundation helps, but it has no really solid evidence behind it.

If I got lucky and was able to awaken decent spirit roots, then I would be able to get a proper position in this fucking clan and receive the much required training and protection.

However, I knew that getting garbage roots would be the end of me.

I was no protagonist who could use some heaven defying technique or receive some god like inheritance to make myself spirit roots.

I HAD to get proper spirit roots.

This led to me being immensely nervous for the months leading up to the spirit root testing ceremony, but it was simmered down due to my confidence in myself.

Additionally, I knew that my previous self at least had average spirit roots. As he was able to hang around Chang Wu, which meant that he couldn't have been a cripple.

I came to this conclusion through the fact an arrogant young master such as Chang Wu, would definitely not associate with a cripple.

However I also wasn't overly optimistic for something mind-blowing as the previous me wasn't able to last a single blink from Long Tian.

No matter how weak previous Bu Cai was. To get killed in such a sad and pathetic way isn't right if he was a genius.

Therefore I guessed that I didn't have a heaven defying spirit root.

But I wasn't willing to give up on the possibility of getting a great grade of spirit roots. So to refine myself as best as I could, I ran until I collapsed, then swung my sword until my arms were numb.

I forced myself to practice my martial arts and sword techniques as well as, keeping a mediation routine on my downtime so that I could further my control over my body.

And time flew like the wind, and the fated moment had arrived.

...

(Seven months later)

(Spirit Testing Hall)

All of the ten year olds of the Chen Clan were gathered in a large hall whilst sitting in absolute silence. Each one of them could be read like open books, some were rocking backwards and forwards, others fidgeted, mean whilst some others were shaking.

A few Elders where around to ensure everything goes smoothly as well as a couple older disciples had gathered there to see which juniors would be worth being friendly with.

In the very centre of this large hall was an elevated platform that had carpeted stairs leading up to it. On the top of the elevated platform was a table which had a single white crystal ball laying on it. This ball was called an awakening orb and revealed the grade of each person's spirit roots.

Shortly, people were called up one by one. 

The atmosphere was tense.

The white ball changed colour according to the grade of roots identified. The grades and their corresponding colour were as follows-

...

Red- Trash

Yellow- Low-Grade Roots

Orange- Mid-Grade Roots

Blue- High-Grade Roots

Green- Top-Grade Roots

Violet- King-Grade Roots

Gold- Sovereign-Grade Roots

Black- God-Grade Roots

...

Most people who were called up had mid to high grade roots, which is to be expected from all of them as they are from a lineage of cultivators which span back for millennia.

Therefore allowing them to have a greater chance at awakening better quality spirit roots than commoners.

To put into perspective the rarity, god grade spirit roots were only every found in three people in the entire history of the empire.

And only a handful of people have had sovereign grade spirit roots in history as well. The current emperor is said to have sovereign grade spirit roots alongside a few other mighty figures in the past millennia. 

In the Chen Clan there was only one king grade spirit root of the current younger generation, which belongs to the Clan leader's own son, Chen Fei.

Soon enough my name was called, indicating it would be my turn.

As I walked up to the podium, my palms were sweaty and my heart was beating rapidly.

I knew this was the moment that would decide everything for me.

I knew that every single fucker behind me was hoping to fail. They were all looking forward to the amusement of seeing a 'peasant' like me being humbled after realising that I could never escape the fact that I have 'commoner' blood.

It didn't help that everyone will be able to see the colour in all it's splendor, regardless of how great or horrific it is.

I approach with some pace, as I hated the feeling of nervousness and anxiety which was nagging me.

Soon, I stood in front of the white orb that dictated my fate.

I started hoping that whatever bastard that came up with the foundation theory wasn't just bullshitting, as I'd like to consider mine current foundation quite solid.

As my palm approached the crystal, I prayed to every god I could think of and tightly shut my eyes not wanting to see a colour which could indicate failure.

After a couple seconds of holding it, I slowly opened my eyes to the scene which I could only describe as magnificent.

All the nervousness I had built up washed away instantly, and was drowned with another emotion... exhilaration.

Even my eyes were starting to become teary as I took in the vivid colour which was reflected to me.

At that moment I couldn't care less about what the group of two-faced opportunists behind me were like, as I could only pay attention to my new favourite colour which was...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading the chapter and hope you enjoyed!

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated as I want to try and improve my writing skills and make the novel more enjoyable.

Bye!

28