65. Past Mistake; Breakthrough; Who You’d Least Expect
889 8 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five-hundred years ago.

This was a time when Chen Long had just taken his father's position as the next Clan Patriarch.

The Clan had just started to adapt to the new leader and everything seemed to be going smoothly...

But then tragedy struck.

Cities and Towns, Large and small, Mortal and cultivator... Complete Destruction.

Millions of people were turned into corpses and a river of blood filled the once lively cities.

Of course, since this happened in the Chen Clan Territory, a large number of deaths were of Chen Clan blood.

Chaos had spread throughout the Clan, as this was something that had not happened in Millennia.

Who would dare infringe on the authority of the Chen Family, One of the Five Great Clans?

Investigations were rapidly being conducted however none could catch this fiend...

Until... The monster made a mistake.

The man had gotten greedy and murdered core members of the Clan. And this time he didn't get away...

The new patriarch during this time had been under immense stress.

He had just risen as the patriarch and such a thing had happened?

And so to relieve his stress, he confided with his two sworn brothers...

Chen Guanting and Chen Gang.

As part of the Neutralist faction, Chen Long had no problems with getting close to people from other backgrounds.

From young, he had frequently interacted with many branch family members and, naturally, he grew close with a few people.

As such Chen Guanting and Chen Gang, two siblings of a lower rank Branch family, had been able to become sworn brothers with him.

The trio had always been close and therefore neither of the Siblings had been investigated during this.

But when core members had died, they couldn't escape being monitored.

And that's when everything was relieved and all of the puzzle had been solved...

Chen Gang was using a Demonic Mystic Art!

Now... In the Divine Sword Empire mostly any Mystic Art, no matter how vicious, was usually fine.

True demonic or evil techniques weren't particularly a thing as, in the end, cultivation is one's own path and struggle.

Even if there are some that are frowned upon, such as dual cultivation, they aren't forbidden.

But what Chen Gang had was something truly 'Evil'.

An art that allowed one to devour another creature and further their cultivation and Dao.

After capturing him and forcefully checking his memories, they came to know about the wicked Inheritance Chen Gang had found.

Weirdly enough though, out of all the memories, the actual evil art was nowhere.

Chen Gang had died and Chen Long was put under great scrutiny which was only resolved after a long time of good leadership and his powerful faction.

...

(Present Day)

(Chen Family, Elders Hall)

Chen Guanting had no reply and stayed silent.

Although his face was stoic, his eyes seemed to be reflecting great greif.

Just when Chen Fu was about to continue pushing him...

The doors slammed open.

Everyone looked around and it was none other than Chen Long.

He walked right past everyone and sat on the main seat with a calm smile on his face.

He then said,

"Chen Fu, How can you be so short-sighted as to not being able to overlook an incident from over five hundred years ago?"

"I understand that it was indeed tragic, how could I possibly foresee such an event?"

"Rather... Shouldn't we focus on the Inheritance Realm you've given to the royal family as a present?"

Instantly all Elders' eyes widened as they turned towards Chen Fu with expressions of shock and disappointment.

None of them had a clue on this since they were of other factions, and they were enraged. A secret realm is something that is full of all sorts of natural treasures and opportunities it is unimaginable!

And it had been gifted!

All the silent Elders had started roaring at Chen Fu for his stupidity and rashness.

Chen Long also told the elders on the ambiguity of the marriage and that everything was fine.

This therefore further made the horrible situation turn and Chen Fu could only grit his teeth and leave without the support of changing leaders.

...

After a while, It was only Chen Guanting and Chen Long left in the large hall sitting down.

They both had tired and sad expressions on their faces.

Chen Guanting spoke to Chen Long by saying,

"Why do you think my big brother betrayed us like that?"

"I've known my brother since birth and he would never commit something like that just for power!"

"So wh-"

Chen Long interrupted him by saying,

"I don't know either."

"I also thought he would never do something like that... But everything was the truth."

"All the evidence was pointing to him, and I even saw his actions with my own eyes!"

"So don't talk about it anymore..."

...

"Instead, we should focus on our current dilemma."

"I know I made our situation sound rosy and deflected the attention, I'm quite nervous."

"Lets just hope that Bu Cai will not fail us..."

"Since he is the key to getting through this."

...

-----------------------------

(Bu Cai POV)

(Midnight)

Fucking. CIRCULATE!!!

As the strands of Qi enter my dantian, I can feel it getting more 'full' each time.

One circulation after another after another after another...

You get it.

And... IT'S APPROACHING!

The Qi in my dantian started to condense after not taking in anymore Qi.

It kept getting smaller and smaller, Denser and denser.

My body started to tremble and and my veins started to bulge.

I felt my body heat up along with intense pain.

Until...

...

BOOM!

.

.

.

.

...Just kidding.

The dense mass of Qi fused with the walls of my dantian and the rest of my body.

A sense of freshness and satisfaction filled me, as I felt full of vitality and strength.

Ahhhh... Breaking through really hits the spot.

I soon jumped up and checked the time.

Hmmmm...Midnight.

TIME TO GET MY ASS TO THE MARKET!

...

(Hours Later)

(Arena)

Yep... Nothing from the market.

I'm currently sitting down in the viewing box again, and await the match ups. It should come in any second...

...

Lu Clan's Lu Cheng VS Xu Family's Xu Dan

...

Chi Family's Chi Shen VS Buddhist Sect's Monk Tian

...

Chen Family's Chen Cai VS Xie Clan's Xie Nie

...

Not Bad Not Ba-

HOLD UP?!

Mother Fucking... Monk Tian?

Who dis bitch tryna fool?!

I admit I hadn't noticed earlier as I didn't really care about the pacifists, nor did imagine THE godking to hide like a molerat.

...But I guess it does fit the whole MC Schtick in hindsight.

Hidden MC + Tournament Arc + Upcoming Secret Realm.

What an creative trope from our great plot.

Anyways, Since Godking Monk is in the first bunch.

Why not check it out?

I go over to the spectating arena and am filled with anticipation for two things:

1. How much has Long Tian been boosted.

2. What the fuck does a face slapping monk look like?

...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

-'Evil Art' may or may not show up again.

-Monk Tian stats next chapter.

-May add Godking Tian Experiences over the years soon.

Thanks for reading, Any suggestions or feedback is welcome.

36