Side Story: N; T “Savior III”
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8 Years Ago, Forsted

Evening. After the Auction.

The moon basked the balcony in full glory, such a sight a behold for those who want to breather. It's rays piercing the windows making the dark hallways have a life of it's own.

The blonde man, it's eyes reflecting the decades of experience he once had in the past. Whether good or not, he always moved forward. His past allies were no more, leaving him alone in a journey called life.

Facing a hardship with a desire to be free. That was his goal, to either escape Forsted or conquer it to change it's way of doing things. However, the latter was far out of his reach to achieve, the former is also the same. Forsted is like a closed nation, no one can enter nor leave. If he wants to escape, he would need lots of connections to the higher ups to be able to do that.

In his mind, it would also okay for him for just his wife or son to escape. He doesn't want to see their corpses in front of his eyes, espescially in this country. Thinking about it in the future, his family would also worry about him.

"....." The evening breeze gently touched his entire body. His hair waved in responsed, he quietly sighed. He was getting sleepy, he went back to his room as he prepares for the sun to wake up from it's slumber.

.

.

.

Forsted, Morning.

Inside the Leight's Bedroom.

"Ughhh......." Leight opens his eyes, greeting upon a new day. The rays of light basked his face, upon just opening them, he suddenly shut his eyes off immediately.

'Just a few more minutes.' He thought, dragging the blankets to his side. His eyes shows no sign of waking up whatsoever, he'll forget about the training for now.

"Leight~. It's time to wake up, dear!" Like graceful rythym his mom yelled through downstairs. Tch....! Just when he was in a good sleeping position, things like this always happen. But he forced himself to start dragging his entire body from the bed.

"I'll come there soon! Ugh......" He almost finally arranged himself in a span of a few minutes, looking at the expensive mirror just on the side of his bed, stood atop of the small cabinet.

He nodded in satisfaction, half naked. He picked up his clothes as he went downstairs.

Mikla Family Dining Hall, Morning

"You're late today Young Heir, Master Hegro's sure gonna have extensive lessons to you later on." The violet haired woman in maid clothing said to him in worry. But he just shrugged it off anyway, health is more important than some measly training!

"Yeah yeah, I know. Be sure to prepare some equipments later on the training ground Ildi." She doesn't respond, instead she responded with a nod. She then went away. Leaving Leight satisfied as he went downstairs.

"...urk..." Finding himself on a dining table, he saw his Mom, Eliza still shining with a smile. And Hegro, whose veins are about to pop on his forehead whilst still sitting solemnly. He flinched.

"....good morning. Mother and Father..." He gave a nervous greeting. He sat on a chair opposite to them, it appears that he's the only one that they have been waiting. Which make's him suddenly feel bad.

"It appears, that you woke up....a little late than usual. Your mother here has been patiently waiting for you to eat with us together. You know what this means Leight?" With an intimidating aura, he felt like burying himself beneath the table.

"It's okay dear, really. He should've ought to sometimes wake up to whatever time should he open his eyes. You know your training has been putting a strain on him... So why not just loosen it up so that he can keep up with your schedule?" Maintaining that calming atmosphere with a smile. Hegro sighed. He gave up, considering the things he trained Leight for, was a little overboard.

"Ow ow ow! It hurts...!" Leight screamed from a sudden shock of pain surging from his hand. The very edge of the sword, had greatly strained his fingertips.

"Try again my son! Didn't I say not to get hit!?" He reprimanded him for his lack of skill. But with discipline, he should be able to efficiently make him far more stronger in the coming years.

Those thoughts suddenly resided from his head like waves. He closed his eyes, he made up his mind.

"Fine then, I'll lessen the training. But you ought to have the knowledge to atleast fight and lead efficiently." He then began eating.

"....Father.....!" He took it as a gesture of appreciation, he smiled a little.

"See, I told you he would be happy about this, dear." She concluded her past statement as a correct answer, patience is necessary. Doing something too much can burn you out pretty quickly.

"......*sigh* After this, come with me. I have something to show you...." They then began their peacefull breakfast.

.

.

.

1 Hour Later. Mikla Personal Library.

Spanning to hundreds of bookshelves, it is commonplace that an ordinary person would get lost in this maze-like room.

The books in those shelves however, contains many books that have been kept for almost a millenia. Preserved even before their fall. A thud seems to give life to the quiet library.

"......" Leight quietly followed his father, he was already used to the wide range of shelves full of books, this is where he read stories years ago. It has been quiet a long time since he came here, he knew there's magic books that can grant him some power. But, he really didn't know to use it.

There was no indicator to where they were going. Some books with differing genre are completely disorganized in their respective shelves, leaving a person like Leight still confused if he is trying to get something out of this library.

"It's almost as large as the royal library, considering we kept them all in the dark about this knowledge. Leight, you know why I called you here for right?"

".....to learn about magic?" With no confidence he left that sentence with a question mark. Scraping the remaining clues as to what he tried to secretly peeked before he asked him the question.

 "Yes, that's right. It seems that you know what I am getting you into." Satisfied, he gently grab a dusty book from a certain shelf. As he read the title.

 "Adrean El Magmeis, The Savior, The First King of Magmeis." He opened the dusty page, it's table of contents was revealed before him. Leaving Leight in oblivousness.

'Adrean El Magmeis, that's the King for that "Magmeis" country father was talking about.' He smirked.

'Hah...! Bet even Solomon is better than him!' He wiped his smug immediately after the palpable cold look of his fathers eyes pierced at him.

"Sorry." He bowed.

"I'll pretend I didn't see that. Leight. Do you know how magic work?" Yes Leight knew about it, about how it originated, the four heroes of this continent basically created it with the help of the Goddess herself.

"Yeah, it requires mana to activate a magic. Mana nerves seemed to be your limit, in which it's capacity is decided upon your birth." Every person has an ability, to which it is imprinted from the time of it's birth.

It differs to the rules of magic, albeit works in a similar way. Sort of like a talent, where only that person can only use it. But, for some it's not really effective for combat, but can be used effeciently on certain areas.

 "Mmh. I've only taught you about the basic spells, you're skilled in close quarter combat. Filling this knowledge in your head can surely help you." He handed the book to Leight.

"Hold that book for me, you'll be going to the training grounds first, I'll prepare some necessary tools when I'm on my way there."

"Yes father."

Walking on his designed location, there some things that seem to stuck in his mind. The auction yesterday, and that girl.....

He knew he's powerless to help her, no them. Engaging them in a fight would be like getting honey directly from a bee hive with no preparation nor experience whatsoever.

He's frustrated. But glad that his father will now be teaching him new things aside from the constant training, maybe he'll be strong enough to set them all free. Who knows?

"Ughh.... I'm still sleepy....." In the auction, it was already late at night. Giving him only a few hours of sleep. To top it off with the unforgettable situation with the girl that night, those few hours now have been cut down to half.

"......" In the hallway, it is only him that is making the sound of a small thud. They were literally almost no helpers in his house, with a size as large as this-

"I kinda feel bad for Ildi....." The echoing thuds slowly fade away, the hallways was left alone once again.

.

.

.

Mikla Training Grounds, Morning

"Let's start with a warm up first, father sure is taking a lot of time." He prepared to take a stretch, each joint cracking in small rythym as breathe a small sigh.

'There's are three types of skill a human can possibly use. First is the "Core", the ability that is always inside us since birth, second is "Simple Chant", otherwise known as what people prefer to call it "Basic" when casting a simple spell. And finally, the "Contract", an advance spell where you need to use a third party catalyst and a necessary mana and skill in order to use it.' He read it from a book a week ago.

"How does "Contract" even work anyway?" He scratched his head, doing random jabs in the air whilst keeping his footwork in an disadvantageous position. Maintaining balance like seems like a piece of cake for him by now.

His core ability is Light Refraction, seems like he can embed a light element in almost anything, he wondered what kind of tricks he can use with this in the future.

"To become stronger huh.... seems like I still remember what my father yesterday night... I gotta keep everything slow, rushing in whilst impromptu can lead to very dangerous consequences." He emitted a glow from his right hand.

He had activated his core skill, he can feel a slight distortion from the wind itself. He nervously smiled.

'Really deadly....' He thought-

"It's time Leight,  prepare yourself. I've prepared some tools that can aid you in magic." Seemingly focused on his own world, he managed to barely hid the glow in front of his father. Carrying something like a sack, he then put it down.

Then dragging a dusty metal-beads like bracelet. And some similar books that Leight carried just now. Grandioise even though it's been damaged.

"Give me your arm." He obliged, giving away his right arm, his father then installed the bracelet in it.

"Don't let that bracelet come off for a few months." Leight examined the thing that was wrapping his wrist. Colorless beads, he seems to not have experience any discomfort taking it on.

"That colorless bracelet I gave you, is one of the catalyst in casting a "Contract Spell"." Leight's eyes widened for a bit-

Hearing those last words made him feel slumped. He took a peek at the book, letting an idea took in-

"That's the other catalyst then." He concluded, this time with confidence. He knew these books are the key to opening a path to advanced magic.

"That's right, using this way. We'll measure on how much your mana veins can take. By choosing one these four books, you can't undo what's done."

"That's.... a hard decision father....." He contemplated, unsure of what to pick. He was planning on choosing Solomon-

"You can pick what you want Leight, just make sure your fighting style pairs well within book itself." Hegro held both of his arms, a tough decision. One would say.

You cannot change a King's Book to another after you chose one. Except if you are a "Representative", but it's a possibility. He doubts that someone will be able to use two types of advanced spell at the same time.

"Still cannot take your time?" Hegro snapped his son out of his focus. His eyes full of doubt and indecisiveness. But the melee will detioriate once cornered in that of a range itself, if he were master both. He'll probably be strong enough to surpass him sooner in the future.

Hegro closes his eyes, the sound of screams lingered in his mind. Always swiriling in a loop, never getting out nor in.

"Kill that traitor right now!"

"He's the stain of this country's future!"

"He certainly is! Citizens of Forsted...!" A grin, full of malice, their face greeted with a shadow. Yet the people followed him.

"Can't you believe it!?? This man who was supposed to be the next ruler of our kingdom....! Oh, how low must've been for him to do such unspeakable act!" He could only watch in horror before him.

A person, no his comrades was about to be guillotine.  Yet he was helpless, doing only nothing but watch.

"Keep going....." A soft whisper, he didn't heard but. He knew it. He held his emotions from leaking out, his entire body shaking in despair.

"This will be a lesson for those who try to go against our my empero-

.

.

.

"Dad....?" He snapped out, massaging his eye. Leight was amused, as this was the first time his father had a dazed expression in front of him.

"....sorry, did you finally choose your desired book?"

"Yeah, I realized that a need is more necessary than a want."

Hegro smiled. Feeling proud of his son's change.

"Be prepared Leight, here's how you activate it." Maybe, perhaps maybe. It wouldn't hurt to enjoy the present for now.

"Open any page in the book you chose, make sure to find what's useful to you, since you cannot change it anymore. For starters pick a spell that enchances your agility." He pointed out a certain page in a book, Leight eventually followed.

"The mechanism is simple really. All you have to do is to chant the spell that's written in it. After you have chanted that spell, the bracelet itself would do it's job since it's linked directly to your mana vein."

"Ok, I'm starting to get it now...." Focused, he started choose what is the most suitable, most flexible and most importantly versatile in any situation. Something that works well with his Core [Light Refraction].

"...hmm, found it." Looking at it, this seems to be a turning point for him in the future. Conviction filled him, this was his choice. He mustn't go back, heroes never go back on their word.

"I'll choose this one."

Thus, months had passed....

.

.

.

Seven Years Ago, Forsted.

Dungeon Cell. Evening.

Beneath the country's mightiest castle, there lay a cell. Occupied mostly by slaves and "prisoners" by the nobles, it hasn't been cleaned for years. A smell of iron had been imprinted in this place long ago.

"Still to think that "The Royal Pi-, I mean the emperor's son, would let his toy rest in this place." The unnamed knight desperately held his breathe in disgust, covering his nosed, his co-knight is also doing the same. Both carrying an unconscious green haired girl almost naked, seemd to make this job more difficult.

"This girl's quite a beauty tho, ya think we play should for it for a while. As long as we do our job, we're pretty free to do almost anything." The other knight licked his lips, not even bothering to hide his lust.

"That's not a good idea, that "thing" is the property of his remember? Anyone who touches his property is like going against the entire kingdom. Seriously, why would he let his "plaything" settle on this place anyway. A personal bed would have great for someone with a body like this..." He muttered the last two sentences, taking a glance with the others entrapped on their cage. He sneered at them.

"If I were in his place, I would've taken her to the fanciest bed and fucked her all day long!" With his luck, he held back his urges.

"Welp, that's just how society works. Can't blame her, blame them instead. Besides she's still a kid anyway." Finally arriving in the destination, a cell with a wooden note that resembles the number on the girls neck, there lay a rather different room compared to the ones residing in here.

They chuckled.

"Looks like he cares about his toy even though it's just a little." With a more cleaner room, and also a comfortable couch for her to sleep through. The iron smell was no more the moment you enter her cell.

"Heh, what a lucky girl...? Release her cuffs, throw her here immediately, I wanna get out of this place quickly. Also, Henry's making his shift tonight. I entrust this goddamn place to him this time."

"You're always saying that shit, every goddamn time. When will you ever stop saying bullshit?"

"Shut up...! I'm just trying to be optimistic you know!? Now that we're getting out of this place, dinner's all on me tonight...!" With a clunk of metal, the restraints had been lifted. Her body thrown in a hard cement, shook her out of her deep sleep.

*Crannnng* *CHING* The only way of her freedom is now locked away. She groaned, her cramped body limiting her movements.

"....whe...re...." It was barely audible, no one heard her. Only herself, she coughed. Her stomach growled, her lips dry. Looks likes she hasn't drank nor ate anything for quite some time.

".....that's right..." With her head organizing itself she finally remembered, with an agonizing headache. She felt like she was about to throw up, horrifying disgust and hatred came surging within her in seconds...

"...that fucking pig....." A creepy grin, full of negative emotion directly to her "Owner". Her "Owner" taught her profanity, to prepare her to what Dohna said as "nightly sessions." Even going as far as torturing her if she didn't listen. Thankfully Dohna was here, but.... She was now gone.

Her back was filled with scars, so as her legs. Showing that despite the horrendous moments, she still kept going.

"...Dohna....." She gritted her teeth, yet remained her smile. She sure is gonna make him pay, but how will she do it? Her weapon is also confiscsted by the guards, her sanity almost broke because of this hell of a nation. She doesn't know what unspeakable things will "he" do to her. She doesn't want to think about it, yet it was already shown through before her.

Killing is a natural thing to occur here? Fuck off. Her adoptive grandma would probably destroy this place from ground to bottom if she were to catch a wind of this.

"Ughh.....guuuuughhhh...." She couldn't help but cry in this situation. Why her? The green haired help could only swallow her frustration to herself. With nothing to vent, she casts her magic. As she tried breaking the cell herself.

"BASIC [HURRICANE BLAST]!!!" A sudden fluctation of air was formed suddenly projected in the palm of her hands. Then she released it-

*SWOSSSHHHHHHH*

However, it didn't work. Like the cell gate itself had abosrbed it.

"BASIC [HURRICANE BLAST]!!!!" She tried, again, and again. AND AGAIN!!!

Yet all it had accomulated to was nothing. The cell door was coated in thick anti magic spell. Her entire body shook in vexation. She might be trapped here, forever. With her elven lineage, it will take too long until she will be freed once again. Or perhaps trapped in here until the day she dies.

"I don't want that idontwantthatidontwantthat." It turned into a repulsive psychotic murmur. She bit her nail, her heartbeat feeling the rapid stress.

"Theremustbeawayawayawayyesyestheremust....be..." She looked at the room she was standing in, expecting to find something when it wasn't there. She couldn't stop her body from shaking.

Rapidly inspecting the things she found, a small gourd, a comfortable couch, and.... nothing else... Her lips quivered, there must be a way....

...a way...

a.......way?

.

.

.

Dungeon Cell, Three Days Later.

There was no one who was going to save her.... Recieving high quality food just because she was "his toy" was making her lose her apetite. Agitated, yet she could nothing to change it.

"Even if you try to get out, we'll still catch you anyway." Wearing something like a plague doctor's mask. The guard stood outside the cell, feeling bored. He looked at the girl feeling amused.

"Shut up!"

"*Sigh*....just give up already okay? This place really stinks of blood and uhhh.... nevermind. I'm only here because I'm getting paid a lot by average."

"You asinine humans! Blinded by mon-!!!"

"Yes, we are blinded by money. It's the only way to survive really..." Dumbfounded, of an unexpected answer, Leafa then became quiet.

"......" Huh...? Why are humans like this? They don't even look like they'll try to resist anymore. The looks she saw in front of her, even with that weird mask felt the same as those slaves she saw in the past.

"I know everything about what's happening from this country. Even if I knew about it, even with just me alone. Will I really be able to change something from it?" He sounded tired.

"Huh..... wait what are you talki-" She was then interrupted once again.

"Not all of us knew tho, common people like are tied in leash by lies. Everything here feels like an endless destination with no end."

"I've heard that same line from other people I've been in charge with again and again." In this country, living as common citizens is the same as being a slave, except with more previleges.

"....."

"Honestly, being a guard with a position is thought highly by the common people here." He scratched his head, even though it is one of the lowest position he got. Atleast he got a decent pay.

"Wait, then what about your mask then? That thing looks expensive." Suspicion arose, she started glare at the man with distrust.

"Ah, this. My face was burnt to a crisp unfortunately, many people shunned me for my appearance. Feeling conscious about my face, I've spent a ton buying this mask. It's neat isn't it?" To hide yourself, your nature from others.

It felt a second blanket....

"Finally, you're being quiet again..." He sighed.

"....shut up..." She glared at him with utter disdain. It was true, nonetheless. She was unlucky for being there at the worst of time, when she was finally on the verge of arriving at Magmeis, she felt genuine ecstasy apart from her crazed smile. Then suddenly, a dart suddenly pierced her neck, after that, a series of bad omen went in endless waves...

".....fucking bastards...." Is what her opinion of them.

"Oh, right. Breakfast is almost ready, the "Royal Pig" really treasures you a lot didn't he?" Hearing that nickname itself made her feel like puking.

"...." The man didn't respond. Expression hidden inside his mask made it seem like he was apathetic to her situation. He sighed, then went get breakfast for her.

"...just stay there, and don't do anything stupid. I'll be right back...."

She was alone in her cell again....

.

.

.

One Week Later.

Dungeon Cell. Forsted

A week has passed, looks like "he" wasn't here to get her out of this cell. Her emotions were certainly not stable, oftentimes she becomes cheerfully creepy, sometimes she regains her sanity even for just a little bit.

It's taking a toll in her. She became horrified of ehat she became, there was no one to vent this baggage to another. She cannot trust anyone, she already lost Dohna.

That "guy" seemed to be coming here everyday. 'He seemed extremely neutral' is what she thought. In her cell, she picked up a gourd full of water, feeling her throat dry, she then drank it.

There were no windows, just a plain old well decorated cemented room. There were no minor discomforts, she was treated good among the rest of those trapped in here. Sometimes at night, she can hear their screams. She always covered her ears, those shrieks screaming for help, for to their life to just be ended.

She could barely take it.

Then a cell door was suddenly opened, her eyes in terror. Seeing the person she will never want to see the most.

The "Royal Pig" himself has showed up infront of her.

"...you..!" She stood up, feeling the oppurtunity to kill him, it doesn't matter if the guards are here protecting him, if she gets to kill him. Then.....

What happens next?

All will it really lead to is a bad ending. But her mind is in a irrational state. Not even caring about the consequences.

"Restrain her."  With a single order, and in a single swift second. A hand suddenly collides with her mouth, she didn't even saw it. Then her entire body is suddenly twisted at the back, and then in a split second. She was already stuck in the ground.

"Mmhhhmmm!!" In a muffled voice, she continued to glare at the man that cause her demise with intense hatred.

"Well, well, well. It's been a few months, since I've bought you and you still haven't behaved yet. Seriously I even paid a huge amount of money just to get you, and this. Is. HOW. YOU TREAT. ME!??" Vicious, so full of malice, the want to control. Made her grit her teeth, her body is not in sync with her mind.

"A pity though, if you would have been a good girl. Maybe you might've see your precious "Dohna" again..." Her eyes widened. But-

'.....might've.....?' No there's no way right, despair slowly crept beneath her mind.

".....wha-what...? What happened to her!???" She demands for an answer, only to be met with a grin....

"Skipping the unnecessary blapshemy I did to her. Let's just say I skinned her alive." Colors faded from her face. No, she was probably still alive. Clinging from it's last bits of hope, her mind rummages for any excuses.

'No, she might be still alive! It was probably a lie to trick me again!' It happened a dozens of times, those dozens of times where she broke, she truly cannot let go to those precious to her. Thus with conviction, she sets it out as it's final conclusion.

'It was a lie.' She believed it. There was no way he would do that. Just don't break.

"....tch, I expected you to be more reactive about it, but everything I said here is real this time. I might let you see her corpse if you behave well to-

*Crumble*

The dungeon shook, the sounds of men screaming occured all of a sudden. The emperor's son clicked his tongue in annoyance.

A bated desperate breathe was heard near the hallways. Prepraring to announce the glooming threat that surrounded the dungeon itself.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!"

.

.

.

Explosion echoed the murky hallways, with the Emperor's Son's arrival there were many knights that are stationed in the dungeon. To be alarmed in such a tired voice, it was no good news.

"....Yo-Young Master, I think it's time that we should-"

"Then escort me to the safest place immediately then!" Slightly feeling the rush of fear, he tried to play it calm. Just only for a few minutes that he's here, and now something like this is happening!?

"But the girl sir-"

"I don't care! Just lock her up again!" They suddenly ran away, only remaining a silhouette few meters apart in her vision. Leafa, regained control over her body. But-

The cell door-

".....shit!" She slammed in utter annoyance and frustration.

"Damn it......" Not even realizing her facial muscles yet ignited a bad habit again.

"Why can't I stop these...?" She held her face reverting those muscles in a normal state, the moment she let go however-

"....." She shrugged it off for now, yelling for help seems to be a good option, seeing the situation beyond the small isolated room she's in. Humans and demihumans with collars around seemed to run to where the "Royal Pig" originally went.

"Help....!" She pleaded, no one heard her. They were tpo focused on getting out of this place.

"We're finally free!!!"

"I'll fucking kill that fucking pig!!!"

Their voice overwhelmed her own, remaining only a few. But didn't recieve her plead, they just looked at her annoyed instead.

"I need help!!! PLEASE!!!" With a much larger pitch, there were already gone. No one heard her this around.

"Anybody!!???" She desperately hoped someone would hear her voice...

There was no one except....

"....haha...."

 *Bang*

She smashed the cell door in frustration, she gritted her teeth, cursing herself.

"...why would they even save a woman like me anyway..." They didn't owe her, nor did she. She'll probably just abandon them if her life is at risk.

".....shit..." She gripped her own hand as tighly as possible, nails colluding with the palm. A slight pain, that she could bear.

Water, filled her eyes. She shook her head. As she closed her eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*Thud*

A footstep echoed throughout the lifeless hallway. Hope suddenly filled her.

"Someone!?? Anyone!!??" The echoing thuds got louder and louder. Her heart pounded with the same rate. Her eyes shoned in hope.

"....uh is there anyone left here!???" A voice, so far away yet she heard it so clearly. She won't let this chance come to waste.

"Yes, yes! I'm over here....!" Her throat reaching an even higher tone. The echoes of eneven stride became closer and closer.

"Where are you right now!??" Finally getting ahold of a voice, it sounded a little childish. Doubts weren't even in the range of notice in her mind. Right now, she wanted to get out.

"Here...! *pant* Here.....!" She banged the cell door with her own two hands, as if to indicate that she was here.

"Ah... got it....!" It seems like, it tried to open the cell door. Only leaving a crackling noise of metal.

"Hold on! I'm about to open this door right now!" She took it's time, but she can't help but something wrong is gonna happen a few seconds later. She stood to the side.

*BOOOM*

A sudden beam of light basked the entire cell room in a matter of seconds. The door was bended, and also leaving behind an engraved footprint on it.

"*pant* Ugh, crap..... I'm using my ability way too much..." It entered the room. She finally saw the features of the person who rescued her.

Blonde hair, green eyes full of hope. Youthful as her, on a cloak, his entire attire was hidden. He broke the silence as ge finally introduced himself.

"Ah right, my name is Leight. What about yours?"

.

I think the pacing is way too fast....

2