W1 – 34: C – Standby
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

76D 21H 34M, Morning

"You're ready?" Taking a deep dive into his mind, he refreshed his surroundings. You could say he was meditating, to calm his thoughts from swirling out of nowhere.

"Give me a few minutes, I'll ready my stuff soon. Go first, I'll catch up soon." He stood up, Klover prepared his equipment. Any left-overs including the spare daggers he put in. Although it is not of the same high quality as his original one, it's better to not let the latter break.

"Then, I'll go first." The white haired beauty then disappeared. He was eager to learn new things from her, on the other hand, what they are doing right now is the opposite of how a master and disciple should be.

'She's probably angry right now....' He cringed, he should've just went along with her. He groaned.

'Anyways, I gotta hurry up. She's waiting for me.' He then put his small inventory bag into his belt loop. The day's the same as ever- except the wind had gotten chiller, he payed no mind into it however.

He picked up his pace- as he then went outside. His boots felt the the face of the earth. Today's a good weather, to deal with the frustration of a single limb was hell. Hence, taking him a lot of time to arrange his attire.

Thoughts aside, the calming gentle touch of the morning breeze basked his entire body. Refresged once again.

'You'll never get to experience this in Earth. Ever." Lacking the pollution this seemed like paradise to him.

He ran to the direction Ana went through. Deep in the dark forest, there are beautiful sceneries that'll make you feel awestruck. And is sure is one of them.

.

.

.

"You're here. Good." Ana said, stoic as ever. Holding the spearsword she once used to defeat the anomaly, Klover assumed that she must've an inventory oacket just like him.

"Yeah I'm here." Slowly but surely, he had slowly become used to his missing limb. Although significantly negative- he was able adopt it into his way of living.

Now adopting it in a battle is a daunting task in itself. Maintaining you stance- making sure that you do not have any openings during a dangerous situation and many more.

Ana then materialize a weapon. Looking at it made him feel extremely uneasy. But he's gotta do it.

He prepared his dagger.

"Ready?" He took that as a nod.

"Yeah, go easy on m-" A hair's breadth- he barely dodged it, his eyes widened. The liquid like weapon she used to materialized was suddenly turned into a spear in a matter of seconds. His spine shivered- this was not "going easy" at all!

He shifted his entire body in a 90° degree radius- forming a roundhouse that he himself is sure that the opponent will dodge it. However- he had a different intention.

The moment she regains her pose after dodging the attack, he will then charge right after her.

Nonetheless, reality is often disappointing. She grabbed his foot instead with a heavy grip. He did not expect that

"...." Ana then let go.

"....tch." Klover shifted his momentum, gritting his teeth in frustration- he knew Ana was playing him like a fiddle.

"I told you, your bluffs aren't working. Try again- I could've killed you a second if this was a real battle." She was going easy on him- to the point where she tests his limits.

"....." Klover said nothing, bursting his speed in front of her, she just dodges it with minimum effort while leaving her foot to make him face the very face of the earth.

"Arghhh...!!!" His faced was slammed to the ground, as if the very earth wanted his body to itself, it was instantaneous- only a few seconds had passed.

'Shit....!' He felt like screaming inside now. He groaned in irritation. Attempting to fix his position, another contradicting adversary prevents him so.

'Why can't I hit her!?' He thought, as much as he wants to blame for the lost of his missing limb- even with it, he never got the chance to win against her anyway.

"....." She just stared at him, her emotions remaining a still faux. She looked down at him- mocking him inside. She felt like laughing...

With the thought in mind, Klover then disappears from her vision. She shrugs, with the sudden trace of sillhouette just at the very edge of her view, she prepared her hands. Bones popping as she held his knuckles- then followed with a graceful grasp.

"...!" She didn't even need to look, she had already read him. Now his life on the palm of her hands- she can either choke him to death or let him go. Of course she chose the latter.

"Puah....!" The grip strength left behind by her hand is terrifying. It's the same as yesterday- he cannot let himself go.

"You tend to move without thinking a plan." She said, as if nothing happened just a second before. She circle through him.

"You're rash, guillible and most of all-- impulsive. With the look in your eyes- I can tell you're imagining of yourself beating me in a pulp, however expectation cannot catch up to reality." She said in a mocking tone, his eyes never leaving her face.

"Shut up....." He muttered- her ears didn't fell deaf to that sentence however.

He stood up, light bruises shown on his forearms. She didn't even need to use her weapon to defeat him. However- he's here to learn, not complain.

"Round 2.... show me my flaws- I swear to god I'll make them right." She nodded in response, he gritted his teeth- this time carefully observing his own movements.

He charged forward against her, the juxtaposition between his strength compared to Ana is like day and night. He readied his dagger, as she prepared to hold her spear, she already realized that his movements are monotonous, she only need one look and she's figured him out already- he'll work on that."

Remaining still, Ana then thrusts her spear against him, this time with more force. Faster and more lethal than earlier.

'She's intimidating me....' An act of falsehood, he concluded. The moment the spear touched was on a millimeter distance between his forehead. He dodge on time- and then hastily ducked- as an attempted kick was summoned against him

"...." Ana was not surprised, she moved closer to him. Pressuring him further. Although he achieve a better run this time- he wasn't making progress on at least hitting her.

He hastily thrusted her face with his dagger, she tilted her head slightly in response, she adjusted her position, then quickly reaches out from her materialized weapon. Dragging it upwards, forcing Klover to move away from his current postion.

As he then launched another assault, powers aren't allowed, so he must make use of his physical prowess as much as he can.

"Haaaa...!" He thrusted once again, followed by the gust of wind swept along with his prowess- however the overarching difference between them turned the flow of air against him. She dodged in reflex, then proceeded to kick his abdomen.

*Booom*

"Guagh....!" He fell to the ground- stuggling to take even an ounce of air from his lungs. His entire body shook in agony- his liver the most affected. Electrfying shock that seemed to never go away and worsen over time.

"....." He buried his head to ground, the food he ate an hour or so made him feel coming out of him at once. He coughed in a vulgar way- unconsciously leaving drool outside his mouth.

He clenched the weapon as tightly as he could- the same as he held the pain in his abdomen. He stood up, it's not over yet.

.

.

.

"....." Ana just stood there, undazed as to what happened to the boy himself. She sighed, at least she completely analyzed his way of movements. The dagger he held posed only a danger to himself.

Hence giving him great disadvantage in combat. She rose her eyebrow. Holding his stomach in pain, he still stood in front of her.

As he leaped at her at astronomical speeds.

.

.

.

*Swooosh* Klover noticed it just now, Ana was only using the most simplest movements almost the entire time. He clicked his mouth, as much as he wanted to complain, he has no power to do so.

So he had to give his best into this single charge. Even without magic enchancements, agility is his forte. With fear of losing balance with the missing limb, with the contexy of it being a mock battle, it wouldn't hurt to try.

*Swooosh* Leaving only a silhouette in his original position. He aims his dagger at her, the wind failing to catch up with him. Until both made a concluding contradiction.

.

.

.

.

*SWOOOOSHH*

The smoke then came into an abrupt. The feeling when he held his blade was off. The girl held the very tip of his blade with no effort put.

'Fuck!' He cursed internally- the girl is as unkillable as the monster that chased him a days ago. He grunted in response.

"That's about it." Suddenly she stopped. Letting the blade go.

"Eh?" Flabbergaster, he look at her in awe and relief.

"I said it's over."

"Wait..... did I do something wrong?"

"No you didn't, with the recent mock battle I observed most of your flaws, I'll tell you once you fix yourself up." She gave him a hand, he politely grabbed it.

"Well, how was it?" She asked, not caring about his appearance whatsoever. Making her words seem out of place but she doesn't seem to care.

"....you're worse than Marcus..." He groaned silently, his ached in slight agony. At the very least- she better give him some deceny knowledge about his weaknesses, this shit isn't for nothing.

She frowned in response.

76D 17H 34M, Afternoon

Magmeis Azure Palace

Beneath the lives of the citizens came the meeting of the elites who decides the future of the course of their kingdom.

One of them possess a genetic trait that represents their country, Helio El Magmeis. Deeply in thought, whilst holding a wine glass of the highest quality in his hands.

His assistant Grimeo Fortuna Elios, her face as composed as ever- waiting for her king to make his orders. She remains like a statue, as her father also sat on one of the finest tables just beside Helio.

The atmosphere is grim, for what choice they make impacts the entirety. Helio clears his throat, with everyone's attention now focused on him.

"As you all know- more and more anomalies had started appearing at the very borders of our kingdom. According to one of our messengers- it had seemed that disaster had befallen on our people." He took one final sip, then roughly placing it on a table with vigor.

His eyes focused on the table- his back had gotten sore after all the meetings that they had held. He sighed, this ill-gotten invasion had to start on their borders first.

Other countries had started exploiting this however- with the first sighting of crack, political tensions rose all time high.

An unnamed high noble raised his hands. Helio assured a nod from him.

"Your Majesty, our concern is deeply rooted on the citizens that we are supposed to protect. Now that they are gone, let as assume that they hadn't gotten to safety after the incident- who are we suppose to protect right after this? Shouldn't we also evacuate and find shelter with them?" Pure intentions and the desire to protect, beneath it arose the impure instincts of sin.

"Supposedly yes. If it wasn't for their interverence- people with ill intentions, we wouldn't have been stuck here in the first place." After the message- came the final note. Before this meeting he greeted with another messenger- assuring him his people are still alive.

However- it comes with a great cost. Most of it's knights and mercenaries have been decimated, remaining only but a few. With a few exceptions sucg as mages- the future went grim.

"However- our purpose here isn't swallow their intentions right after our throats and act as if nothing is happeneing- ill as they are, sooner or later disaster may also befall on them."

"What we should first focus on, is the deal between Lofren and us. I striked a huge deal between Lofren and us, they will help us aid on our struggles and provide shelter for our people. However, having external forces between our ranks is a huge risk inside our kingdom." One of it's nobles may get a seat on their country the moment the upcoming invasion is over- considering if they will win the invasion in the first place.

"As for the final condition, we acquire the rights to borrow your trump card. His name is Hajime right?"

Scourge filled him, borrowing his only hope is the last thing he wanted. He clicked his mouth.

"Greedy bastards...." The elites muttered. Unheard by anyone- they also can't help but spat a curse.

"Enough wallowing in their games, we need to focus on our future first- then we'll deal with them after this."

"You're right." Helio recieves a scoff to one of the elites. It doesn't matter. Right now, he has a new plan.

"Grimeo. Request our "Hero" to investigate the remains of the crack." She nodded simultaenously in response, making no haste whatsoever. The creaking thud then came to an abrupt halt.

*Thud*

As echoes of the door slammed shook the air of the room as it was plunged into silence once again.

"I believe this is not over yet. But it's been a few hours since we've been here, but I know your bodies felt like sore right now from just from sitting. You all are free to go for a few minutes, get some fresh air." With those words the atmosphere exhaled a sigh of relief.

With most of the elites finally getting a break, they then left Helios alone to his own devices as the door finally shuts.

.

.

.

.

.

The dimly lit room- devoid of any noise except the calm breathing of the blye haired youth. Adorned with jewelries of the highest quality, an outfit worthy of a king.

He looked continously at the map, carefully thinking about his next move. With the royal guards remaining in station- along with a few connections outside his domain.

He scoffed, the deal was suddenly shifted at the wrong time. It was illegal so to speak- but with the dangerous war at bay. They'll painfully bear it for now.

As long as the benefits far outweighs the risks. Then he will have a chance of winning this game. He sighed- he still had many things to do and how to execute them.

"Hajime....." He let let put a small mutter, his only trump card as strong as all the royal guards combined. With him announced to the entire world in the past, they had significantly gained great economical advancements within those days.

With him as an apparatus- he felt like his plan won't fall apart. But it doesn't matter nonetheless, right now everything is in a grave situation.

He treated himself- putting another bottle of wine in his bottle and drank it immediately after.

"....*sigh* Refreshing as always..." He coughed a bit. Standing himself upright as he opened the curtains beside him.

The prosperous kingdom that he daresay was the representation of unity itself, unwavering of discrimination.

*Thud* A sudden sound resounding that of a glass slightly tapped fell through his ears.

'A message.' He then approached the source of the sound, the beak of a crow echoed once again in his ears- finally finding it to himself, the crow then release the paper in it's mouth as it then flew away.

"What is it around this this time?" Annoyed, he doesn't have the time to open the paper. But forces himself to do so.

Reaching his crescendo is not his forte, but he might've well just learned it just now. He sighed, this was fate- part of his struggles.

The texture of the paper were rather plain-looking, aside from the mark of a royal ranking. Helio twitched his eyes.

He opened the letter as he tore the wax.

.

.

.

'XXXX, XXXX, XXXX.

Dear Helio El Magmeis

Our king wishes to write this letter for you,

He felt great concern above all from the dreaded situation that you are in,

When you and him first met, he already knew that you, whom is a renowned king that denies discrimination; especially to demi-humans. Is a great leader just from the look of your eyes alone. He would be very delighted if you could recieve his assistance in aiding your current adversary, you may reply a letter to the His Majesty if you simply wish to recieve his aid.

I hope this is the start of us two great countries to work together from now on.

The Royal Family.'

Helio's eyes twitched a little. A royal familiy, all that he can possibly surmised is that it is on the eastern country, Forsted. He contemplated in silence. Knowing the bad blood between the two of them, he knew how things would end up.

'Shady things....' His faced scrunched up in disgust. Nothing is ever free.

*Thud* The creaked in response as it was opened, the light from the other side illuminated the dimly lit room albeit small.

"I take it that you're all done right." Helio took another glass of wine, carrying it with the aura of true royalty.

The meeting will commence once again...

.

.

.

76D 16H 34M, Afternoon.

Lofren.

In the southern borders of the country, an endless barrage of snow once threatened the inhabitants of the harsh environment. Living beings adapt in a tremendous rates, with humans barely last. With the blood and sweat of their ancestors. The once inahbited island was now renowned as the "Valley of Gold".

The chilling ambient became the norm of the citizens living in the city. With a few blizzards here and there, they could only bear it. As these types calamities would occur once or two every month.

'Kinda ironic that it got called that way....' An old man with a large orange fur coat sheepishly thought. He strolled through the snowy cities. Structures that incorporated with ice, metal and wood are much more resilient than the ordinary materials required to build a shelter.

Winter never ends... He clasp his hands, releasing another chilling breath. More people were also strolling around, mostly for vacation.

However, with the new threat in town. It then became their shelter. He heard rumors of the Merchant King addressing a request to take the citizens of Magmeis as temporary refugees. Unless until the war is over.

They had no conflicts with Magmeis, but the city is already pretty muched filled to the brim. Apartments are also full, the refugees would probably have to stay homeless for the moment.

He sighed. The fierce sun gave no effect to the raging snow. He kept strolling everywhere to keep his mind from worries.

Minutes later, he then entered a tavern. A ring echoed in ears as he opened the door, as it then slammed shut as he let go with the paddle.

"Phil. Got an order?" A bartened gently tendered the glass he held by his hand. With a few wrinkles here and there his amber eyes showed tranquility.

Phil smiled, he walked through the bodies of the drunken people falling of their table. He sat on a bar stool.

"The same as usual, a shot of "Blue Ale" if you don't mind." He was finally left alone to his own devices, his mind scavenging for any thoughts of a possible conversation.

But it never happened.

The lamps hanging at the top slowly shook. Bringing a slight clinking sound. He took a deep breath as he released another sigh.

"One shot of "Blue Ale" coming right up," The bartender solemnly announced. A cup of glass was then poured with blue liquid as the name implies. Fuzzing bubbles rose in response.

The bartender then slid it beside Phil. Whom he catches it with no effort. He drank the small glass the moment he caught it.

*Sigh* An upheaval of the refreshing sigh escaped from his mouth. His vision was darted in the bartender, eyeing him in a certain manner.

"....." The bartender sighed in response.

"Magmeis is in deep trouble, I've heard rumors that Forsted had willfully requested an assistance to aid them in the current calamity," He paused for a few seconds, hesistant as he observed his periphery.

"As the apex powerhouse of the continent, it's quite shocking as to how they would assist at an unfortunate time, lest than a country that has the demihumans that they truly loathe," He looked at Phil with his amber eyes.

"And when did this supposed agreement happened?"

"Just today, actually. They have missives all over Forsted, so they have all the eyes everywhere. Besides it had already been prepared in advance weeks ago, and the proposal for mutual relationship had just started," The bartender finished tending another cup, he looked at Phil with mixture of doubt and hesitation.

"You know you're just an old with a year or two left in his life. Getting involved in things like this had many unforeseen consequences. Won't it be better to just enjoy with what life you have remaining instead of being caught in unexpected conspiracies?" The answer was an unexpected laugh in the old man.

"Sorry sorry!" He wiped his tears. "It's just fun spectating what would happen in this current adversary. Unfortunately, I'm no nobel, a spy nor a royal lapdog, so all I can do is just ask some people to do it for me!" He coughed in recoil, old age has taken out the youth in him. With his remaining life it should quite entertaining whether they'll win this war in, or die trying.

All he received was a snicker the amber eyed bartender. He simply shrugged in response.

"Recent news in the underworld just recieved an unidentifed material hidden in the near borders of Forsted just a few weeks ago, however- there's not proof whether the information is verified or not." He doubtfully said.

"Hmm," The bartender recieved only a flinch in the eye from Phil.

"Who is this person who reported this piece of information?" Phil frowned.

"Well, we... no, they cannot identify this person at the moment, as to how he reported it, you can say they heard no wind of it. Anyone who tried to tame the wind came back with a much tragic ending" He then filled another shot of "Blue Ale", signaling Phil to recieve it.

"Want another one?"

"No I'm good at the moment." But he politely refused. He stood up, ignoring the drunken wails of the tavern he then went to the medieval double-face door. A ring echoed in the room.

"I'm gonna take breather for now..." The door was then closed shut.

.

.

.

Phil stretched his old body, bones cracked in satisfaction, he elicited a relieved expression. His body wasovertaxed even at the most simplest movements, he gritted his teeth.

He doesn't have much time to live. He frowned at the reality, according to the healers he only has a year or two left in this world.

He looked at the sky. The crack stood out the most, as it wad getting larger and larger, he wondered what would happen if he went at the crack directly.

"A fool's dream..." He muttered silently, what he thought was clearly a suicide. He took a ciggarette from his pocket, the side effects shouldn't matter- given as to how much time he had left.

His entire body chilled in repurcussion of the harsh environment...

.

.

.

76D 16H 34M, Afternoon.


"You need a better weapon." Suddenly out of nowhere, Ana said it casually.

"A what?"

"You should had already known that a dagger posed no usefulness given in the current state of your body." She said, as she looked at the boy's weapon.

"Well, I don't really much have experience to use other weapons, especially at my current state..." Klover looked at the missing left arm, his centre of balance had been decreased greatly. Hindering his agility permanently.

"It wouldn't hurt to try new things for a good while." Ana then materializes something, as liquid of different spectrum colors then was reformed into a solid matter.

It slowly inched it's liquid elements as to finalize the creation Ana made.

"A katana?" Klover said, finally looking at the materialize weapon, he was half-right. It was a chiso-katana, a slightly smaller version of the original japanese blade, except it's features were of slight japanese origin, with most of it made with other-worldy intricates.

"You can use it as if it's your dagger, although with minor differences." Ana then give him the weapon, she closed her eyes. Her periphery transformed her surroundings into a an colorful outlines exclusively in her vision.

"....thanks a lot." Klover scratched his head in embarassment and shame. Ana only snickered rin response. She proceeded to focus on herself as she observed the world in her very eyes.

'Colors," She thought, "And the abundance that I'll never get used to..." She kept her eyes closed while talking to Klover, her real swordspear was still on maintenance by one of her subordinates.

'It shouldn't take too long..." She concluded, one of the first days in this world has brought her slight fear of light above the vast blue skies, adapting to it was an easy feat in itself.

'This expedition will end, eventually.'

.

.

.

Minutes had passed, Klover took sometime to master his newly acquired weapon. Swinging was about the same as his old dagger in terms of weight, except it's length is much more longer.

"Today we'll start with the basic fundamentals. Building a structure is important before you mold it into whatever you want." She clapped at the sidelines. Another liquid formed into her hands, bending to her will as it then formed into a sword similar to that as to what Klover was weilding.

"We'll start with basic slashes," She stood a meter next to him, demonstrating a simple yet deadly attack. As an arc was formed with wind frozen in response.

"....!" He didn't respond but nodded instead. He unsheathed his newfound blade, as he rosed it in the sky. Preparing to slash it vertical arc, he put in all of his might.

*Swoosh* "Aghh...!" He grunted a little from the sudden burst of shoulder pain in recoil to the slash. He instinctly closed his right eye as he got back on his feet.

"Copying is a must if you are still in the process of building your foundation. But it will only get you so far." Ana said. As he met her unfazing eyes.

He only silently nodded, as he had experience it before under Marcus, sweat began to build up on his forehead after a few more strikes.

"Tch....!" He kept what he was doing, repeating what is told. He's gonna get a muscles cramps after this lecture.

"Keep doing it for a few hours, take the spare time to rest your entire body, time is limited." She walked away, only remaining a tiny sillhoutte a dozen meters away.

"Leaving me alone during teaching, isn't she a bit too much..." He muttered. Dissatisfied as how this all went by, but he gotta do what she gotta say for now.

Like she said they have a limited time together. They might not see each other again after this chance meeting.

He sighed in response as he held the iron intricated katana Ana had left him? He was struggling from the weight emitted by the weapon, but manageable nonetheless. But also led him into a conclusion.

He stood up, copying what Ana demonstrated after she left as he organized his thoughts.

From the way she instructed him, it was by far ineffecient compared to Marcus, he barely learned anything at all. He barely managed to hang on because of his persistence to become stronger but...

"Does she have no experience in teaching?" He shoved that thought, although he learned a bare few, he also gained insights as to how should he approach his way of fighting.

He regained his bearings, as hours had passed replicating what Ana demonstrated earlier.

Got too absorbed reading a novel. Bingeread everything though.

 

2