CH 61 – Bond Without A Bond
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three months have passed since the Stormingale captured Zhu Furong.

According to Zhu Xingzuo's hypothesis, Zhu Furong covered in a thin layer of Chaos Qi looked like a treasure to the Stormingale. Its act of pecking Zhu Furong was to try breaking the Chaos Qi shell to obtain the treasure.

But since it failed, it tried to bribe Zhu Furong with food.

The reason why for the past three months the Stormingale is bringing all sorts of prey to please Zhu Furong is the proof of it. In the process, the relationship between the two has turned to friendship.

The Stormingale always perches behind Zhu Furong when he practices the laws of wind. Sometimes it also joins Zhu Furong in practice as if it is learning from Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong found this quite amusing and was eager to teach his new friend.

Sometimes when Zhu Furong got sucked in by a tornado while practicing, the Stormingale would shriek in alarm and instantly dive in to save Zhu Furong. It will then scold Zhu Furong in its own cute way.

The bond between the two only grew stronger.

...

"Wow!"

Spending his time in the Stormingale's nest, one of these days Zhu Furong and Zhu Xingzuo came across something unexpected while the Stormingale was out hunting.

Zhu Xingzuo was getting some strange vibes from the center of the nest so Zhu Furong dug there.

After removing a thick mass of dried branches and leaves, digging about 5 feet deep into the sand, Zhu Furong came across a fist size, golden, spherical crystal with a gentle glow.

"I doubted it but it really is the core of a Pseudo Divine beast." Zhu Xingzuo confirmed.

"So the reason the Stormingale always roosts at the center of the nest is to absorb the energy of this Monster Core?"

"Indeed. And this is Golden Roc's core. Just like the Stormingale, it is also a wind type Spiritual Beast. Due to the Stormingale constantly absorbing the energy of the Monster Core it has grown quite weaker. But this is not the right way of using a Monster Core." "I noticed some changes in the Stormingale's body but it is not as prominent as it should have been if it had consumed the core directly. Maybe it got scared by its vigorous energy when it first found the core."

"It's quite a good find, we can divide this among us, though the energy is nothing compared to the Imugi Core, it's still a Pseudo Divine Beast core. The elemental laws and Monster Qi present in it are quite beneficial— Take it."

Zhu Furong instantly denied, "No."

"What do you mean by no? Don't tell me you feel sympathy for that bird? It doesn't even know how to use this treasure, humph!"

"Kriii..."

Suddenly the alarmed cry of the Stormingale resounded from within the tornadoes.

Zhu Furong quickly covered the Monster Core as it was.

Just when it was all done the Stormingale cut through the tornadoes and landed in front of Zhu Furong holding two Yin Cobra's in its beak.

It threw the dead snakes aside then looked at Zhu Furong. After a while it looked at the center of the nest. It looked at Zhu Furong again with some doubt. Then I looked at the center of the nest again.

After a while it picked up the Yin Cobra's and passed them to Zhu Furong.

Zhu Furong accepted them and prepared to cook a meal.

Soon warm rice along with Yin Cobra stew was served.

After that the Stormingale went to rest on the Monster Core while Zhu Furong went to practice the laws of wind near the tornadoes.

For the next few days Zhu Xingzuo kept pestering him to steal the Golden Roc core but after a lesson on moral and ethics from Zhu Furong, Zhu Xingzuo never asked again.

"My morals are connected to my conscience. If I don't act morally, how can I keep a Clear Conscience? And without Clear Conscience, I will become susceptible to Heart Demon or Qigong Deviation."

...

It's night time...

Few more months passed by and Zhu Furong mastered the 5th grade proficiency in the laws of wind.

With just raising his hand and using his Divine Sense he can control the wind according to his will. It can give any shape to the wind.

The Stormingale looked fascinated by Zhu Furong's performance using the wind to make different weapons and toys.

It chirped with excitement and pushed Zhu Furong with its head, asking him to teach.

Zhu Furong caressed the head of the Stormingale, "Sorry, I don't have time to teach you my friend. Your proficiency in the laws of wind is only in the 3rd grade and I don't know how long it will take for you to reach the 5th grade, I cannot wait that long."

He looked apologetically at the Stormingale, "It's time for me to leave."

Hearing this, the Stormingale looked disheartened. It chirped continuously, shaking its head and body.

Zhu Furong sighed.

"Follow me."

Zhu Furong walked to the center of the nest followed by the curious Stormingale.

Zhu Furong started digging the center of the nest and unexpectedly the Stormingale didn't stop him. It shows how deep their bond has become.

From the day it hatched in the Tartarus Forest, the Stormingale found itself without any parents or companions. After struggling to survive, it finally found a home in the Gale Desert. But even after becoming the apex predator of the Gale Desert it was still lonely.

The man he thought to be some treasure now has become its one and only friend. It doesn't want to separate from him.

Zhu Furong dug out the Golden Roc core and held it high towards the Stormingale, "Eat it."

The Stormingale looked confused for a second, then it shook its head in denial.

"Don't worry, it won't harm you. It is the correct way of using this monster core— For humans, it is to absorb its energy and for Monster Race, it is to devour the whole core."

After staying for a year with Zhu Furong, the Stormingale seems to understand him a bit. After hearing Zhu Furong, it finally brought up some courage and gulped down the Golden Roc core with some hesitation.

Suddenly the whole body of the Stormingale started to glow in a soft golden halo.

"Kriii... Kriii..."

The Stormingale cried in pain before falling down on its belly.

It groaned.

Zhu Furong rubbed its head, "Don't worry, the pain will go away soon."

As he said, after a few minutes the pain went away but now the Stormingale feels extremely tired and drowsy. It's hard for it to keep its eyes open. But it still tried its best to look at Zhu Furong because it was feeling restless for some reason.

A Spiritual Beast's instincts are really sharp.

Zhu Furong stood up looking towards the sky filled with stars, the Stormingale also turned its head to look where he was looking.

"I know, you don't want me to leave, but just like you want to reach the heavens, I also have a goal to transcend the heavens."

He looked at the Stormingale, "I cannot stay here."

"Kruu..."

The Stormingale tirelessly protested. Its black shiny eyes turned watery.

Zhu Furong knelt down and hugged its head.

"It's quite unfortunate that a person can only form Spiritual Bond with one Spiritual Beast in their lifetime— Our only option is to wait for Xingzuo to die."

"Oi!"

Zhu Furong ignored Zhu Xingzuo and continued, "Even though you cannot become my Beast Bond, our bond as friends is no weaker than a Spiritual Bond."

Zhu Furong let go of its head and looked at it with care. The Stormingale is finding it hard to keep its eyes open while laying limp.

"By the time we meet again, maybe you would have already broken through the sky and reached the upper realm. The Golden Roc core, contains the Monster Qi and elemental law proficiency of the Golden Roc along with its inheritance. If you can absorb it completely and make it your own, you can get close to becoming a Pseudo Divine Beast— The first of your kind."

The Stormingale has stopped making any noise by now, it just opened and closed its eyelids.

Zhu Furong lovingly looked at the bird, he has become quite attached to it over this year.

Its honest nature and pure heart have won Zhu Furong's approval.

Unfortunately, Zhu Furong has more important things to do and he cannot waste any second of his time. He stood up and walked away shouting.

"My friend Jinzhi(gold), we will meet again."

"I hope you like the name, it suits your golden feathers."

Zhu Furong's voice dissipated as Zhu Furong walked further and further.

The Stormingale opened its beak once or twice then it fell into a long hibernation as Zhu Furong used his mastery of wind laws to travel through the tornadoes like a boss.

...

On his way out, Zhu Furong visited the Imugi skeleton to thoroughly inspect it but upon reaching the spot he found the tunnel completely collapsed. It's now filled with sand as the brittle skeleton of the Imugi has crumbled without any source of energy to support it.

Zhu Xingzuo said, "It was useless to begin with. And as we suspected, the head of the Imugi is aiming towards the center of the desert. It probably died fighting the Golden Roc. The wind attribute of the Golden Roc must have fueled the flames and in turn burnt the Golden Roc itself. It brought its own demise but not before taking down the Imugi with it."

Zhu Xingzuo continued in a mocking tone, "White Tiger, Imugi, Golden Roc. Divine Beast to Pseudo Divine Beasts. What are they all doing on a planet of the lower realm? I am even convinced that we will be seeing more of them— So ridiculous! When did such mythical beasts become so easy to find? They are like Chinese cabbage on this planet."

Just as Zhu Xingzuo stopped speaking, a tremor ran through the Gale Desert.

Zhu Furong frowned and looked towards the center, worried.

"I don't think it came from that way. Also, the Stormingale must be hibernating."

Zhu Furong nodded, "It came from the southwest."

Still somewhat worried, he went back to check on the Stormingale. Here he set up the rank 5 illusion barrier array plate he picked from Lin Kai.

After doing that, Zhu Furong mixed vibration with Wind Steps and shot through the gusts of wind and tornadoes like a bullet.

...

2,300 kilometers, from the center of the Gale Desert to Basara City. After 3 hours of journey, a white clothed, 15 year old, average looking boy was marching towards an Auction House.

The boy is none other than Zhu Furong in Zuo Rong's disguise.

Zhu Furong booked an inn for the night and waited for the auction the next day.

Next morning he walked to the branch of Misty Eyes Auction House. The same Auction House which is present in the Capital of Ming Dynasty.

The Misty Eyes Auction House's owner is a mystery. Some say he is the wealthiest man in the world and some say he is the strongest Cultivator in the world. But one thing is for sure, whoever the owner of the Misty Eyes is, he is extremely influential.

After all, Misty Eyes Auction House is present everywhere. In every Empire, in every Kingdom and in every continent.

The power and authority the Misty Eyes holds is enough to throw an Empire overnight.

This prestige also means that the business they do is also honest and secure.

You can doubt your father but you shouldn't doubt the Misty Eyes Auction House.

...

"500,000 silvers. Without any invitation, you have to pay the entry fees."

The gatekeeper stopped Zhu Furong. Neither polite or impolite.

That's 50 gold coins! Not a place for poor people, not even a place for the middle class.

The only people who can pay such a ridiculous entry fee are rich nobles or successful Cultivators.

Zhu Furong's wealth is nothing to scoff at. After looting Lin Kai, he already felt like one of the richest people in the continent. And after looting the old man it came true.

The loss of hundreds of rank 1 artifacts didn't hurt his pocket much.

"How much for a VIP room?"

Hearing the question, the gatekeeper looked at Zhu Furong from top to bottom. He doubted his capability, but it's not his place to comment. And the Misty Eyes is not known for such boorish actions.

"500 gold coins."

Zhu Furong nodded, then took out a small bag filled with gold coins.

The gatekeeper gestured to his companion to count the coins.

"Please this way." A well dressed woman escorted Zhu Furong to his VIP room. Room number 20.

After Zhu Furong took his seat, the woman served some cheap Spiritual Fruits along with a Rule Book and Auction Catalog. Then she stood at the corner of the room silently.

..

The reason for Zhu Furong's visit to the Auction House is to buy the inner map of the Dragon Palace that appeared at the southwestern corner of the continent.

The reason for the tremor yesterday.

It is said that the Dragon Palace appears every 10,000 years offering many treasures and opportunities for the Cultivators. Of course such a place will also be laden with dangers. The Dragon Palace is known for its diversity of traps.

The Dragon Palace forbids Cultivators above early Revolving Core rank and will open after seven days.

If Zhu Furong leaves tonight, he will arrive just on time.

The auction soon started.

1