Interim Episode 1
178 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following is 1st of 2 interim episodes with AI generated pictures, two maps and small lore related descriptions.

Embers of War only has the following left: Chapter 51, 52, 53 and an Epilogue Chapter. There are 3 more books/volumes planned, each with 20 to 30 planned chapters. Making the Immortal General series end at the 5th book.

Let me know in the comments if you'd like more of this. If so, I'll likely update some pictures for each original chapter and make a wiki. (There are plans to rewrite chapters 1 to 15 after Book 2 is done.)

World of Althea as it stands, all of Volume 1 and 2 takes place within the Midland Kingdom. An exception for the Galmora Arc where they venture into the Wild Frontier. Future volumes will have Arlan visiting other Kingdoms and unexplored areas.

While most of Althea has been explored, the Wild Frontier is considered unclaimed territory due its density of dangerous monsters and difficult terrain. Only Midland and Firane have ever made any progress to conquer the unforgiving lands of the Wild Frontier. Other Kingdoms have made small attempts by sea but due to the vast mountains surrounding the Wild Frontier, no progress has ever been made.

Midland Kingdom is divided into four regions, the Northeastern, the Northwestern, the Southwestern and the Southeastern. Most of Volume 1 and 2 takes place in the Northeastern Region, Southeastern Region and for a period, inside the Swora Oligarchy.

Each region is governed by a Protectorate. This position has been usually held by the Duke or Head of a Great House. They were responsible for the region's protection and prosperity.

Duke Louis of House Reeve is Protector of the Northeastern Region, Duke Osmund of House Kaiser is Protector of the Southeastern Region, Duke Cole of House Stonemar is Protector of the Northwestern Region, and Duke Lucian of House Beaumont is Protector of the Southwestern Region.

 

The Midland Capital

In Volume 2, Arlan visited Oreta which lies on the border between the Northwestern and Southwestern region near an inlet of water (This can be seen on the world map). Oreta is one of the largest cities in Althea. Its size and growth can be attributed to its natural location for land and sea trade. Nearly all land trade is done by the Kingdoms of Man on the Northern continent. Every Kingdom west of the Free Cities of Yura and Hanbi Sultanate all send trade by sea to Oreta. This economic power made Midland the most powerful Kingdom of Man on the northern continent.

 

Lady Iris Hawkwell

Heiress of House Hawkwell.

Age: 16 (Volume 1)

Short: Iris Hawkwell's skill with the sword is attributed to being trained from the moment she could walk. When Iris was five years old, a Hanbi Crime Syndicate performed a revenge raid on House Hawkwell's estate. Iris was kept safe by Duke Elias but her mother and brother happened to be in the town and were kidnapped. Hector Hawkell was sold to fight in gladiatorial slavery while their mother, Brenna Hawkwell, was kept as a sex slave for a month before killed in an attempted escape.

Iris Hawkwell grew up alone with resentment from her father until she was ten, when Hector Hawkwell was finally rescued by the Oreta Mage Senate. The two siblings began to reconnect as Hector trained Iris even further with how to wield the sword. Although Duke Elias was around from time to time, his grief of losing his wife in such an atrocious way made him distant from his two kids. Iris found herself lonely once again when Hector Hawkwell left for Lancel High Academy. So she trained and studied even harder to follow in her brother's footsteps.

 

Lady Chrysta Balan (Formerly Chrysta Coven)

Adjutant Mage (In service to Baron Arlan Reeve)

Age: 17 (Volume 2)

Short: Chrysta was the third daughter to a poor farmer's family near the border of Tudora. Her early childhood was full of struggle and pain as her family treated her worse than livestock due to being an accidental birth. While her older sisters were treated normally and no knowledge of anything outside her farm, she figured that it was normal to be treated in such a manner.

When Chrysta was seven, her father gave her to bandits for a measly two silver. Chrysta cried as she begged to be let go but a Reeve Banner dispatched by Count Emile ambushed the bandits, rescuing Chrysta from a horrific fate. Upon returning to her family's farm, they found the house set on fire and her entire family brutally murdered by the bandits. Despite her treatment, Chrysta cried over her family and asked the soldiers to help her bury them.

On the way back to Galdo City, the soldiers dropped off Chrysta with Miss Petrah at her orphanage. There, she met JD, Noah, Wren, Layla, Sayla and many of the other children who had shared similar fates. Chrysta was finally shown care and love by Miss Petrah which made her resent her late family but she still held forgiveness for them in her heart, never to speak ill of them.

 

Yanie Leafsong (Formerly Princess Yanie Odian)

Lieutenant in the Midland Northern Army
(Formerly an adventurer with the Nymedes)

Age: 18 (Volume 2)
(Elves stop visibly aging at 24-33)

Short: Not much is known about Yanie except she joined Nymedes party at the age of fourteen as a master of the bow and proficient with a blade. While she is physically adept, she is also blessed with Light of the Firane (Elven Blessings), allowing her to commune with natural spirits and wield basic magic. Yanie met Anthony Fira and Fiala's older brother, Paul Wendall outside Galdera just six years before Arlan's appearance.

Yanie lived with the Nymedes party as if it were her family and Mahari immediately took to protecting her as if she was his younger sibling. She lived a normal and adventurous life but she would mysteriously send and receive letters at the adventurer's hall. Yanie kept it secret until one day she revealed she was still in contact with her uncle in the Firane Kingdom.

Tragedy struck Nymedes when Paul Wendall and two other Nymedes party members were killed in low rank rift dungeon that turned out to be a high rank rift dungeon. Yanie felt responsible for their death since it was her idea to dive in. But Yanie was able to move on when Fiala forgave Yanie because she couldn't have known such an event could happen. The two have become inseparable since.

 

Baroness Marie Balan

Adjutant Mage(In service to Baron Arlan Reeve)

Age: 16 (Volume 2)

Short: Marie was the only child in House Balan's three lineages. The House Balan was once a Great House of mages but their numbers have dwindled due to any male Balan becoming sterile from an unknown disease related to mana. Marie's conception was somehow a miracle. This caused Marie to be showered with care, training, and love. Her life growing up was easy and simple aside from the growing pressure of high expectations.

When Marie was 8 years old, her two uncles and two aunt-in-laws had a research accident and caused a massive mana explosion. This made her family the last remaining lineage of House Balan outside of their retainers. From then on, Marie was even more focused on the study of magic. She easily learned and harnessed magic. Her tutors couldn't keep up with her accelerated growth. This was due to her being born with advanced mana manipulation.

At the age of thirteen, Marie moved to Galdo City with her parents to study more in the area and help service the Galdo Ministry. This is where she met Katalina and the two become good friends, allowing Marie to learn how to socialize with others. Marie saw most other nobles that were incapable and incompetent as mere annoyances. Because of this, she developed a manipulative trait and was able to act a certain way when needed. Marie's outgoing extroverted personality was rare among girls her age as most were more reserved and quiet.

 


Princess Emmeline Avens

Heiress to the Avens Royal Family
(To be named Queen of Midland)

Age: 17 (End of Volume 2)

Short: Emmeline Avens, the sole heir to the throne of Midland, matured well beyond her years, her wisdom and sense of responsibility evident even in her early childhood. She knew that her destiny was to lead the kingdom.

At the tender age of seven, young Emmeline was already making her mark. With compassion and a deep sense of justice, she championed laws and policies to protect the vulnerable. Her heart went out to the underprivileged children, and she succeeded in enacting laws to prevent child labor abuse and to ensure their well-being.

Furthermore, her commitment to helping those in need shone brightly. Emmeline advocated for a charitable initiative, diverting a portion of the kingdom's taxes to fund orphanages and provide for the less fortunate. These early experiences would shape her into the compassionate and just ruler that Midland would one day cherish.

Because of her position and selflessness, Emmeline never one complained or allowed herself any luxuries when others were suffering around her.

Interim Episode 2 will be available tomorrow along with Chapter 51.

2