1- A New Start
971 9 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yuuji-san, you pack up quite quick." A beautiful woman smiled as she peek inside my room to which her eyes widen at how barren my place was, even moreso seeing how little my stuff was packed inside.

"I don't have much stuff anyway. So it isn't too much of a hassle once I move into my apartment." I replied emotionlessly. Lifting up a single box that only contain my clothes as my bag was filled with my belongings. Only those I would bring to my apartment. "As for my other stuff, you can just throw them away seeing that I won't be needing them when I go to my new apartment." I said as I pointed at the other items left behind in the room which were just some things I made in elementary or study materials I used growing up.

Naturally, I don't own any other things besides those as the woman realizes how barren my room was considering that there was only a bed and a desk which she finally realizes how neglected I was growing up.

"..........." Her pained expression looking at my room was something I can understand but I just scoff it off since she finally realizes how much I was abandoned by the people who were supposed to be raising me but I didn't bother with that and proceeded to leave the room, having my belongings with me before leaving their home.

After my crimes were cleared, they finally realize their mistakes for all these years and tried to do something to make up to me. There, they slowly began to piece everything they knew about me and felt like they now know how much they didn't understand me. Even when I was living with them for a long time.

Parents, Siblings, and even my childhood friends who I spend my entire life began to try and apologize from their mistakes as I only gave a smile, clearly fake which held no anger, sadness, or joy. Just a fake smile I put on like a mask I usually wear and accepted their apologies.

Am I angry with them? Yes.

Do I hold a grudge against them? Yes.

But will I keep them bottled inside me or take my revenge on them? No.

I just plainly give up.

Why do I need to act on vengeance or ask for something I long lost in time when I can just pass my life, eventually await myself for death?

I come to accept that everything in life was just to spend living, await myself to the inevitable death since I don't hold much on anything in life, just wanting to move on. Nothing more and nothing less.

I don't need to accept love, try to gain something in life, and just live on and wait till my death comes, accepting it to be my fate in this world.

But I don't plan on killing myself since I only need to wait and decided that if it comes to that, it is the choice I come to accept.

That's why I'll wait.

For my own fated death.

"Yuuji." A voice called out to me, a weak yet strong-willed girl came from the living room as I descended from the stairs, heading outside to leave this place for the last time.

Donning tomboyish clothing, packing some serious weapons on her body, her glare when staring at me was somehow quite domineering yet pained as she felt a bit angry after seeing that I was carrying my stuff with me and finally remembered that it was the day that I was leaving this place.

"C-can't....you....you know..." She tried to say something with how her words became weak as her current expression perfectly denied her beautiful looks. 

Her chest sways with her ponytail, trying to say something like trying to talk to me. Noticing that I was somehow getting annoyed that her words were only trying to slow me down.

"Listen here..." As if I was getting annoyed about how she kept stuttering her words...

"Yuuji. Yuka-nee just want you to stay just for a bit." From behind the young woman was a girl who was a bit younger than me, about a year, clearly patting her older sister which felt a bit upset that she had to step in to help.

"We know that we aren't the best siblings and the fact that we only made it worse when you going through some rough times. We just want to atone...." My younger step-sister, tried to be more of an understanding person for the three of us, began to give some benefit of hope. Trying to at least make me stay here.

"Enough." I said with a cold, deadpan glare, clearly giving both siblings a shudder seeing how cold I became. "You apologize, I accepted and that was it. Clearly your atonement is just an excuse for trying to make yourselves feel better after what you've done to me all those years when I clearly don't belong here." I spoke as I tried to leave this place, clearly feeling that it wasn't worth arguing over.

"That's not true Yuuji!" Yuka shouted as I ignored her, realizing that just talking to people had already drained my mental stability. With my lackluster social skills, coupled with mental trauma of people talking to me. I know that I'll probably snap sooner or later if I continue discussing these with them, only end up on a worse case of just a draw between words.

Any memories I had on this place were just a nightmare I want to forget as I didn't have any attachments left in this house, clearly that my presence here would easily disappear once their bothersome 'parasite' would leave.

I clearly don't have any lingering attachments to this so called 'home' as I step ouside the door, not looking back as my step-mother came out with tears in her eyes.

Finally, I am free....

******

"Hmn. This place is just fine." I said as my apartment was quite luxurious compared to my old home. Given that I mostly just wasting money without any care as I put down the cardboard box I had on my hand.

The expenses on this apartment was quite ludicrous for a single person to live but I didn't care about wasting money as I prefer a spacious room than my former room I used to live on that house.

Money isn't an issue for me considering I can easily earn those back since I began working as not only a commisioned artist but also as an artist that are hired to adapt their their novels into manga.

They tend to heavily praised me to be quite gifted artist but I mostly ignore their praise considering I mostly was just after the money they gave me for my works.

At first, I hid the fact to my adoptive parents about this considering my distant relationship with the family. I slowly earn the money to buy this apartment since I'll be living in this place once I go to highschool.

My other stuff had already been moved considering I plan on using this place to live my loner life, avoiding others and be free to do whatever I want, without restrictions to the so called 'Common Sense'.

Shackled, tortured and full of hate, I grow tired of that and now that I finally been freed of my painful past, I grow satisfied of this 'New Life' I'll be starting from now on.

I began to tour around the place that I'll soon be living from now on as I felt proud that this place was finally something I can grow attached to. Avoiding human contact and be someone that not be bound by the so called 'Companion' they falsely believe in.

Viva La Freedom! Viva La Loner Life! A true testament to breaking loose from the shackles called Friendship and Love!

*Door Ringing*

As I finally celebrated from being freed from the past, I suddenly heard my door being rang from the outside as I walk towards the door and saw through the front door's peeping hole a young woman whose face was not only pretty but also quite mature considering her fashion taste doesn't look bad on her.

A brunette beauty which her looks wasn't bad in any given circumstances, her facial features might be pretty but not much that it mesmerizes men. Her figure was quite alright but apart from that, I don't really care if she was an idol or a rich young lady who can topple the world.

I open the door, revealing the same fake smile I usually put on to people as the woman was surprised at my look and smiled back at me.

"Hi there neighbor. I didn't expect myself to meet up with such a young handsome man to be my new neighbor." The woman was not only beautiful but upon seeing her clothings, I can easily tell that they must cost a lot.

Considering she is staying here, she must be quite loaded and my observational skills that I honed during my painful life, I can tell that not only is she single(considering her facial look upon seeing me had no guilty expression and she gave off a look like she has an interest of me), her behavior patterns could be observed that she prefers younger men her age, and finally she is now curious given my looks have attracted her attention.

More than that, it seems my behavior had raised her affection towards me which is a good thing and a bad thing, preferably just someone she can only view as a neighbor.

However, I have to act 'Nice' since having a bad relationship with my neighbor might end up causing problems for me while at the same time avoid letting her build more affection towards me. Considering her attitude when confronting with me is on the side of being 'A Cute guy who might not be in a relationship'.

My interaction with her was simple.

"I live here since it was close to my school." (Provide an honest reason why you are currently staying here.)

"I would be thankful if you can help me out if I have trouble adapting to a new enviroment. I also would help you out if you have any problems." (Be open minded and accept any help while at the same time provide benefits to her.)

"I'm so glad that your a good neighbor to have and won't have any trouble with staying here if your here." (Emphasize the whole 'Good Neighbor' which denies any further advancement to your relationship with the opposite sex while at the same time be as friendly to people as possible.)

"I hope that you'll good take care of me. I also hope that you also take good care of my girlfriend if she comes by." (Finally, nail the coffin and erect the wall between you two by making up a relationship to which you are currently in a relationship with someone.)

That way, our relationship is just going to be just a good neighbor while being open minded that you'll be someone who wants to help out. But at the same time that sort of relationship won't go any further than that and just stay as just neighbors and not any deeper relationship at the cover of having a 'Fake' Girlfriend that I just lie to her.

Our conversation became simple considering she's somehow older than me while at the same time she's just someone whose kind hearted and friendly to talk with, ending our relationship on a good note which she would provide dinner later on which I accepted.

As to why I accepted her invitation, it seems that our relationship wouldn't develop any other than being just neighbors considering how her attitude towards me is somehow just being a friendly person and...

'She already has someone on her sights....'

Her body patterns while being open, I can see that she is defensive on certain parts which I can tell that she would be reserve once I grow closer to her. Observing that, I can tell that she already has a relationship which is still ambiguous but still a good note. Telling me that her non guilty expression means that they are not in a relationship but at the same time just have a genuine interest in me.

She ended up returning to her place as I finally sighed in relief that the annoying pest is gone.

'Tch. Having to talk with insects is already mentally draining enough, but its still somewhat of a good choice considering I have to be a good role-model otherwise those parasites would bother with me again.'

I can't let those people who I call my 'Adopted Family' notice my strange behavior. Else they would drag me back to their infested hellscape of a home once they found out about my behavior which negatively affects people.

The only reason why I even had my freedom was because that I forced myself to be 'free-willed' once I start living alone.

They believe that once I start living alone, they would believe that my 'negative' actions would tone down to the point where I wouldn't consider 'that' other option but that was their own perspective, not mine.

For now however, I still consider that to be my last option as I believe 'Fate' might bring some changes in me before that.

Life was not that inspiring, just a path to consider just waiting. But I believe that one day, my 'real' parents wishes would grant me rhat blessing and I'll wait till then.

I still have a week before school would roll around the corner, maybe preparing myself before that as I began to unpack my things and start working on finishing some commissions I was tasked to complete. A simple chore to earn money for my basic needs.

31