Small Problem
41 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One problem with this that Edward only realized after he had went to William. William was old and didn't remember a thing! Not to mention that he didn't even know the difference between a butterfly and a mosquito. 

Edward waddled to William who was admiring a mosquito.

"Hey William!" Edward lifted his arm. 

William didn't even glance up. He kept staring at the mosquito. He reached out his finger and the mosquito landed on his finger.

"William? Hello?" 

William glanced at him and the mosquito flew away. He grunted, "What?"

"Can I have some help?"

"Help? Mine?" The old gnome stared at him confused, "Who are you again?"

Edward sighed, "Edward. The garden gnome?"

"Oh . . . Wait who are you?"

"How do I get the things to paint?"

"To paint?" Suddenly William froze, "Go to the mountain of Zoin. There you will meet a gnome who paints. He will give you the stuff for it and what to use to hide it." William started moving again and the mosquito came back to him.

Edward turned and ran away.

Mountain of Zoin? What was that? Edward waddled off to the garden again. He still had some weeds he needed to get rid of.


Edward wished that he knew what the mountain of Zoin was. If he did then he would go there and find the gnome who paints. Who even was the gnome who paints? What was his name? Who was his human? Was the mountain of Zoin where he lived? How did he figure out how to paint and how to hide it? How old is he? What kind of gnome was he? Did he get visitors often? Questions like this and many more fluttered through Edward's head like butterflies. The real ones. NOT mosquitos. Edward found himself sighing. He didn't understand at all what William was telling him. But he knew he had to get to the mountain of Zoin. Wherever that was. The small gnome knew his patience was running low. Soon he might go desperate and ask William again. Not like it'd do anything. 

Edward walked to the garden and was shocked to find more weeds there than there had been when he left. A gnome that he didn't recognize was a few feet away planting weeds. 

"What are you doing?" He yelled.

"What does it look like? Planting plants."

"Those are weeds! Who even are you?"

"Weeds? Oh, that's why I was getting all those weird looks. I'm Billy the new garden gnome."

"Oh, I've heard about you. You're that troublemaker."

"Troublemaker? Who, me? Never."

"So you aren't the gnome who broke the human's new vase, or poked their tire, or almost got caught moving in front of the human or didn't water the precious strawberries or who isn't right now planting weeds?"

Billy looked up from planting the weeds that Edward just told him not to plant, "Oh, yeah. That was me."

"Will you quit doing that?" Edward waddled over and pushed Billy to the side. 

He pulled out the weed that Billy had just planted.

"Hey! That was my sunflower!"

"It's a weed!"

"Oh . . . Yeah . . ." Billy looked back at the weeds then back at Edward, "Wait, what's a weed?"

"Something you take OUT of the ground! Now help me clean this up!" Edward began pulling out the weeds that Billy had planted.

Billy frowned before doing the same, "I was called a troublemaker at my old garden."

"Wait, you had a garden before this? You didn't come right from the store?"

"No." 

"Did they have to do the emergency "disappearance"?" 

"Yep."

"It was that bad there?"

"No it was fine there. They just kept calling me a troublemaker because I kept apparently annoying them. Whatever that is."

A slight pity grew in Edward as he watched Billy pull out the final weed.

"You don't know what it is to annoy someone?"

"I was never told. All I was told was that annoying someone was what I did. I still don't understand though." Billy shrugged and he looked at the last weed then tossed it to Edward who caught it then dropped it.

"Darnit." Edward crouched down then fell over. He got up and took the weed with him, "Come on, let me introduce you to someone." 

Edward waddled to the trash and threw the weeds in it. Edward waddled to William as Billy raced to keep up with him. 

"Wait up!" Billy called out but Edward ignored him.

William was sitting on a rock staring at a frog with disgust.

"Stupid dogs." William muttered to himself, "So disgusting."

"William?" Edward called to him, "Meet the new garden gnome, Billy." 

Edward moved to the side to the tired Billy. 

"You look dead." William said with a straight face then glanced at Edward, "What does this Lily have to do with me?"

"It's BILLY." 

"That's what I said, Lily."

"B-I-L-L-Y. Billy!" Edward said sternly.

"Alright . . . Lily. Okay." 

Edward sighed and then looked at Billy, "Billy, this is William."

"Hi William."

"Hi Lily." William looked back at the frog with disgust, "Dogs are disgusting." 

Billy just nodded and Edward brought him back to the garden,

"Plant these." He handed Billy some seeds for strawberries.

"Alright."

Edward left the garden and decided to head back to find Fredrick. They needed to talk. 

2