Chapter 10 : Class 1-B
313 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thanks to one reader in the comment section, I've noticed that some of you might have questions about how and why is Yahiko in Class 1-B.  I'm just guessing here but, you guys are probably thinking that in the entrance exam, only the best students enter Class 1-A and the rest join class b or whatever. And so, as Yahiko is First in the exam, he probably should've gone to class A. 

 

But the thing is that it was never explained how UA split their student in between those classes. What was mentioned though (season 1 episode 5) , is that at every entrance exam , 36 students are accepted and then divised into two classes, 18 in  each one. The process seems to be random as in the Ranking of the entrance exam, the 4th (Shiozaki) and the 5th (Kendo) are both Class B students even though they ranked above Lida (6th) and Midoriya (7th) . Tetsutetsu even ranked above Tokoyami aka Dark Shadow, but still ended up in Class B. Mineta isn't even in the top 10 but we all know in what class he ended up in. 

The truth (i believe) is that both Class A and B were the same in terms of status, at least at the beginning. The problem came when class A survived against villains, appeared on Tv, and thus made Class B almost invisible in the eyes of the people; and so the jealousy began. To take a quote from Monoma himself  " The only difference between us is that they fought the villains" .  The splitting was random, and bakugo could have ended up in class B if it was not for plot reason.

 

Those are things i've noticed as i'm regularly rewatching the entire serie to get details i've missed as they help me have a bigger picture of the plot i want to create. It's normal that some of you might have missed it as the last time you've watched the first few seasons of MHA is probably like 2 months or so ago?

 

Another reason why Yahiko is in Class B is that if he was in Class A, they would be too overpowered in contrast to Class B that don't get much screen time. They would have : Deku with his One For All and all his other *things* if you've watched season  5, Bakugo, Todoroki, and a Yahiko that could raze Japan from the surface of the planet in a single night if he wanted to. It's not fun, a little cliché, and not interesting (in my opinion).

 

Anyway, if you have a better explanation than what i've found then don't hesitate to tell me. With that out of the way, Enjoy the Chapter.

 

Looking at the papers in his hands, a frown appeared  on his face, as he quickly read everything once again; seemingly to find out whether he missed something. 

 

“ My rank aside, It’s interesting that there’s someone who managed to rank second without any rescue points…But.” 

 

“ Class 1-B ? Where the hell am I supposed to find that? They didn’t even put any instructions or map of the school on these documents… Well, at least there’s an address for the School so there’s that I guess..”  

 

On the second paper was a full list of the examinees who passed the test. After reviewing all he had to  , Yahiko neatly arranged everything in a suitable place for them, and threw himself on his bed. 

 

“ One month later.. That’s when school will officially start. But before that, I should think carefully about what kind of costume I want, huh? Wait… How did they even get my measurement? “ 

 

One of the most important information he got from reading the content of this package was a request for his future Hero costume’s design and functionality. “ A Hero Costume.. .. Fortunately, I already have an idea of what I want. Gotta take the time to draw it but for now * Yawn*, let’s take a nap…” With his eyelids slowly closing, Yahiko was on his way to dreamland when suddenly..

 

“ Oi, Yahiko! Come here for a second, kid! I need your help!” shouted a familiar voice downstairs

  

“.... …Right…”

 

…..

…….

………..

 

1 month later…

 

On the wooden floor outside the entrance door of his house, Yahiko’s figure could be seen sitting cross legged.

 

With the sun just beginning its rise on the horizon , and the chirping of the enthusiastic larks reverberating all over the currently quiet streets, the atmosphere created was the kind in which one could easily feel  relaxed . 1For info the sun rises in Japan at 4 or 5 am depending on the region.

 

It was amidst such an atmosphere that Yahiko  was seated. With his eyes closed , a peaceful expression , and a steady breathing, he was performing his daily meditation session as taught by Old Jing; which had the goal of making him more in control of his emotions , while increasing his focus at the same time.

 

 Such a practice gave even more benefits to him, as it slowly refined and increased his spiritual energy, which in turn increased the strength and amount of his overall chakra, thus augmenting the raw power of all his jutsus, no matter how small the incrementation may be.

 

At first , each session brought back bad memories of his past life with each attempt to empty his mind, but with enough practice, he managed to accept every thought coming to him peacefully. 

 

His current concentration was so high that he didn’t notice the stealthy approach of a creature in his direction. 

 

By the time Yahiko opened his eyes, what greeted him was the radiance of the sunlight directly on his face. “ … ..About 2 hours? I still have some time before leavin-.. huh?”  

 

Sensing a familiar presence on his head, he softly took the creature off his head, as he looked at the appearance of this recurring character. 

 

“ You again? I knew that you liked coming here but isn’t it too soon?” 

 

“ Meoow! ~” 

 

“ How long were you on my head ? Wait , why am I even talking to you .. it's not like you understand me. Or do you? ” said Yahiko while holding the small cat in his hands. The white little guy was one he found injured on the street and generally avoided humans. Only him seemed to be the exception for some reason. 

 

“ I guess Haruka-san's love for domestic animals rubbed off on me since I decided to heal you back then…”  with a peaceful and natural smile on his face, he kept playing with the cat as he checked its body for injuries with his bandaged hands.

 

                                         Little Cat and Yahiko

 

“Hmmm?” Turning his head to his right, Yahiko noticed a small piece of paper with words written on it  “ { Going to meet a friend, will come back later. Don’t be too late for school } ? Again to meet a friend? Who is it seriously..” 

 

“ I think it’s time for me to go.. ..But before I go I should give you the usual right? “ 

 

Having somehow understood him, the cat meowed (A/N : I just learnt that it’s a verb..) as it kept wagging its tail . 

 

Moments later, he came back with a piece of cooked turkey in a bowl, leaving it for the cat to feed on. “ Make sure to finish it , okay?” 

 

“ Meoww~!” 

 

….

…..

……

 

Speeding through the streets of Musutafu city, Yahiko headed finally to his new school, with a bit of anticipation. As he followed the trajectory marked by the address he read by memory, the appearance of what looked like his destination showed itself.

 

‘Hmmm.. … That’s certainly a big school.’ He entered the academy while silently observing its surroundings. A few students were already arriving , all with excitement on their faces, while some still had bags under the eyes , as if they weren’t able to sleeps at night. 

 

“ Excuse me Sir, but can you tell me the location of Class 1-B from the Hero Course ? ”  Asked Yahiko to one of the janitors near the lobby’s entrance. 

 

“ Class 1-B from the Hero Course right? For that room you go to the third floor and then * further explanations*...” 

 

“ Thanks” 

 

By following the Janitor instruction, he was now in front of a classroom marked as  [1-B] . 

 

* Sound of door opening* 

 

“ Huh?” 

 

“?”

 

“ Ohhh! Someone finally arrived” 

 

Three students were now in his field of view after opening the door. A rather short boy possessing short grayish blue hair with a slightly rounded figure. Another was a  tall boy with mid-length beige colored hair. A striking feature of his was his unusual mouth, as he didn’t seem to have any lips, with his full clean teeth on display; an appearance that made that particular spot of his face similar to a skull.

 

 And finally, the person who exclaimed at his entrance, a girl with dark green hair that reached just below her shoulders with a confident and inquisitive smile on her face.  ( A/N : Full pictures at the end of the chapter) 

 

“... ” Not saying much words, Yahiko headed towards his favorite spot : the seat at the back of the class. 

 

“ Ah, Good morning.” Said the chubby looking boy. 

 

“ mhm, ‘Morning ” After answering , Yahiko silently sat down, while waiting for the others to arrive. 

 

“””.... … ….”””  *sounds of flies roaming in the air*

 

Those four students stayed quietly in the classroom, creating a kind of atmosphere that was bearable for most of them. Yeah, most

 

“Ahhhhhh! I can’t stand this silence anymore! Hey, you guys! As we’re all gonna study together for the next 3 years, let’s introduce ourselves, shall we?” Said the girl in an attempt to break the weird mood. 

 

*door opened a second time* 

 

“ Good morning, everyone!” ( Kendo)

 

“ sup, sup! Ahhh, finally at UA!” (Monoma)

 

“ Well, this sure starts well, i wasn’t expecting meeting a whole bush of my classmates on the road” ( Tsuburaba)

 

“ Hahaha! Can’t wait to start already, I can already feel my blood boiling!” (Tetsutetsu) 

 

“ One could say it was  fate and by the love of god, dear classmates” (Shiozaki)

 

In an unexpected way, all the Class B students entered the classroom and began taking their seats. 

 

“ Oh, now we’re talking! You guys are at least better than these three mute boys. So as I was saying earlier, why don’t we start introducing ourselves? Setsuna Tokage here at your service! “ 

 

“ Fine by me! I’m Testutesu Tetsutetsu!” 

 

‘ .. ..Wat?’ Thought Yahiko as he listened to the gray haired boy with massive eyelashes. 

 

“ .. .. The light must be aware of the dark.. ..Shihai kuroiro, living in your shadow…. “ 

 

They all introduced themselves in turn until it finally came to Yahiko. 

 

 “ Noww, it’s finally your turn, Ginger boy! You can’t escape from this so get on with it!” Stated Setsuna, with a provocative and amusing laugh , looking like she was having fun. 

 

“... ..*Sigh* It’s not like I was avoiding you or anything..Anyway, It’s Yahiko. Yahiko Yaegashi, Nice to meet you.”  

 

“ See? It wasn’t all that hard! Let’s have an  Enjoyable year, Yaegashi “ 

 

“””!!!””””

 

“Hmmm? What’s wrong with you guys? Why are you looking at our ginger boy like this? “ 

 

“ Yaegashi .. ..So you’re that Yaegashi from the entrance exam?” asked Tsuburaba. 

 

“ Yeah, that’s right. As expected, you guys also had a list of the 36 admitted students, huh? “ 

 

“ huh? What's happening? Is there something about Yaegashi that I don't know? I mean, I guess it makes sense that I don't know anything as I’m a recommended student but.. ” 

 

“ So Tokage is a recommended student huh? That’s amazing” said Kendo , a beautiful girl with long orange colored hair in a ponytail. 

 

“ Hehe, thanks. So what’s it about Yaegashi?” 

 

“ He was at the top of the entrance exam for the Hero Course. I didn't expect to be in the same class as him.. Well, now that we’re classmates, let’s do our best, right ? Yaegashi. “ answered Tsuburaba. 

 

“ Sure” 

 

“ Ehhh, so it’s like that. Then you must have a pretty powerful quirk right? I’ve heard that the normal Entrance exam is about destroying villains/robots. “ 

 

“ Given that Yaegashi managed to gather a great amount of points in a relatively fast period of time, he might’ve a speed related quirk. At least that’s what the rumors were all about, Hahaha” Joked Monoma.

 

“ Now now, seems like you guys are quite lively this morning.” A slightly deep voice suddenly resonned in the classroom as a man entered. 

 

With a muscular build, and wearing a red Hero Costume, the man stood in front of the students as he continued. “Welcome to the Hero Course. I’ve reviewed all the infos about you guys so there won’t be any introduction from you. I’m your Homeroom Teacher, Sekijiro kan , Hero’s name Blood hero: Vlad King ”

 

                                                          

 

‘ .. ..Good ‘ol Castlevania.. Now that i think about it, this Reality doesn’t have it ’ 

 

“ I Hope that you guys will rise to the challenge and graduate as true Heroes. But that will be for later. For now let me give you a tour of the school then we will do the Quirk Assessment.” 

 

“”””Quirk Assessment?”””” 

 

…..

…..

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

Class 1-B:   Stolen from wiki

Forgive my terrible edit

 

                                 

 

 

 

 

Next Chapter probably tomorrow as i'll have a lot of free time. And i just noticed something : Scriblehub is the best... ..for writing chapters at least.

20