Chapter 28
115 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The journey to Lys is smooth. Fifty-five ships sail to Lys with many warriors on them. While most of the unsullied have been sent to the Disputed Land, at least a few hundred of them are left in the city.

They are the guard the other magister left inside their mansion. They know that sending all of their troops will result in something terrible, and they are correct.

"My lord, we have arrived!"

I nod my head and get out of the ship where a horse has been prepared for me. I mount the horse and take a deep breath.

"Move out!"

My army and I move to Lys and see that the gate has been opened up. As we walk through the gate, I can see many people screaming my name, crying and some of them even kneeling next to me.

"They must be hungry! Take out the food and give it to them. The rest of you! Come on! We need to knock on the Magister's door."

With a scream, we march through the city of Lys and arrive in front of a row upon row of massive mansions. However, what catches my eyes is a formation of soldiers blocking the road to the back of the mansion.

"Archer! Nock! Draw! Loose!"

A hail of arrows rains upon the spartan wannabe. I can see they change their formation to cover their head from the incoming arrow. However, while they are busy blocking the arrow, I point my finger and create a vacuum blast.

The vacuum blast creates a gap between their formation, and I know my chance.

"Charges!"

I scream and order my horse to charge at the unsullied who try to fill the gap in their formation. I did not need to see it; I knew that the cavalry followed me from behind.

Like a tidal wave, we crash over the formation. I must say that the unsullied are powerful as I can see them holding back a hundred kilos of a horse with ease. While the right and left-wing attacked the unsullied, the center continued galloping forward.

We continue to follow the dirt road, and we can see boats sail away from the island.

"Dammit! They are getting away."

"No, they don't!"

After saying that, I concentrate for a minute before pushing a large amount of mana into reality. Suddenly, a cube made of mana appears around the Magister, trying to run away. Dammit. That takes a lot of mana from me.

I guess I made the cube too big. I should train more in my control.

"Go and pick them up. I will make sure you can go through the barrier."

I can see Ser Willem nod his head and order his men to go swimming.

"And make sure to help others. I will stay here for a moment. I need to refill my mana and prepare for the healing that will come later."

"Yes, Your Highness! With me!"

A minute later, the only people left here are a dozen or so guards and me. I hope that there are not too many casualties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The people of Lys look at the body hanging in the middle of the city. They are the Magisters who try to run away from the city.

Viserys grimaces a little when he sees the people cheering at the sight of the corpse hanging.

He decided to stop it. Viserys walks toward the executioner and says.

"Put them down."

"Pardon me, my lord?"

"Put them down."

"Ah, yes!"

He can see the confusion on the executioner's face, but he does what he has been told. When he hears the confusion coming from the crowd, Viserys looks at them before saying.

"They have been paid for their crime with their life. We did not need to punish the dead. I did not want us to be like them. I did not want us to be what we were fighting for. We already punish them, let their bodies have eternal rest, and let them join the earth."

Viserys latches a little bit of magic into his voice to make his point across. A few days before the fight, he decided to create a spell that made him more charismatic and trustworthy from his speech.

He knew that it sounded like mind control, but he did not really care. He will use it as long as he does not use it for something outright evil.

And the effect is immediate. The people nodded in understanding and decided to let the body have their rest. There are still some people grumbling about how Viserys needs to punish their bodies as well but decide to obey his words nonetheless.

"Thank you for your understanding."

Viserys bowed a little at them. Ser Willem tries his hardest to tell Viserys to raise his head, saying something about a king who cannot bow their head to their subject. Viserys however did not really care and continued to bow his head for a few more seconds before raising his head.

"Aye, you are right, Ser Willem. A king cannot bow their head, but I've yet become a king of Lys."

Viserys gives him a smile before looking back at the people in front of him.

"Today is the marking of the day of our freedom! I know I'm not your king, but I will declare that Lys will become a True Free City! A city without slavery! I will create a law banning slavery in this city! If you agree with me, say Aye!"

The sound is like a massive warhorn being blown. Children, teenagers, and even older people shouted as one.

"AYE!"

5