Chapter 31
88 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So! What can I do for you?"

I look at the man in front of me with a smile on my face and my hand feeding Dany some cookies.

"Well met, King Viserys."

"Huh. You already know my name."

"Of course. Your name is famous in Braavos. The Freedom Giver, the Liberator and the most well-known name, Healer."

"Thank you. Can I have your name?"

"Ah! Where is my manner? My name is Ferrego, and this is my guard, Qarro."

I nod at them and say.

"Ferrego, where did I hear that name before…."

"He is the new Sealord of Braavos, Your Highness."

"Ah! That's right. Thank you, Bakir."

I nod at Bakir and look back at Ferrego.

"Continue."

"We come here to ask for a trade agreement between Braavos and Lunaria."

Huh. That is not what I expect. I expected something like him to come here to punish me for bringing the people of Westeros into his door, but it looks I was wrong.

"Trade agreement, huh? Let me be honest here. Lunaria currently needs time to recover. Not from the war but rather from the previous government. They did not really care about their people and starved them to death. I am still waiting for the scout to come back from the mountain around the island to see if there is something that we can mine. We did not have food to trade as we need it the most for now. The same with the woods. We need to build more ports and other settlements and don't start with the stone. We need it to build the road as the previous one did not really care to build a road to the village. I cannot think about one thing we can give you at the moment. Also, let's not talk about pirates because they will always appear when they see a fat ship."

I can see him look at me for a few seconds before thinking about my words. After a minute of silence, he smiles at me and says.

"We are willing to wait. Braavos is patient, Lord Viserys. We are willing to wait and even invest in your growth. I think I can convince the Iron Bank to let you borrow some gold."

I shake my head and say.

"No. The gold does not really matter. We currently want access for our merchant to buy a large number of goods from your city. If you are willing to wait and let our merchant buy a large number of goods, we have an agreement."

I can see him think for a bit before saying.

"Please tell me honestly, how long do I need to wait for us to buy something from you?"

"In terms of food like vegetables and grains? Four months the fastest and seven months the slowest."

"That early?"

"Yes."

He looks right in the eyes, searching for any lie, but after seeing there is none, he nods his head.

"Very well. Let's make a contract."

~A moment later~

I release a sigh when I see Ferrego walk away from the room, leaving us behind.

"Vy?"

I look at Dany, who is looking at me right in the eyes with her big eyes.

"Ah, don't worry, Dany."

"Okay?"

"Yup. I'm okay."

"Un."

I feed her other cookies and look at Bakir.

"What do you think, Bakir? Is my decision the correct one?"

"Hmmm? Making a trade agreement with Braavos? It was the correct one, Your Highness. I'm just surprised that you declined his later offer."

"The alliance, huh?"

"Aye. I thought that we would make an alliance with Braavos to raise our place in the eyes of the other city-states."

I shake my head and say.

"No. At least not now. He wants us to be their ally, not making an alliance between the two of us."

"Is there a difference?"

"Yes. They want us to become an ally to them just like how Pentos is their ally."

"Ah! I see. They want us as their vassal."

"Something like that, yeah. While he did not tell us what that alliance entailed, I know he wanted us to be like Pentos. An ally that they can use and not an ally that goes together."

We are a new kingdom. They still think of us as a weak power that appears at the bottom of the leaderboard. While that is true to some extent, I also did not want the people of Lunaria to think that I passed them from slavery to another form of slavery.

I know it sounds paranoid, but a healthy dose of paranoia is good.

"I see… Do you want me to investigate this?"

"If you can, please do. Also, please tell the people in the guild that they are welcome here. They are members of the Lunaria family, and they are always welcome here."

I can see Bakir smile, bow a little and say.

"Of course, Your Highness."

I nod my head and look at Ser Willem before saying.

"Ser Willem"

"Yes, Your Highness"

I sigh a little when I see him give me a salute. I decide to ignore it and say.

"Ser Willem, I need you to go and inform the Admiral. Tell him to recruit more navy cadets and train them."

"Your Highness? Are we going to war?"

"Ah, no. With the Trade Agreement between Lunaria and Braavos, we need to train a large number of sailors. We need them to guard the cargo ship that goes to Braavos to buy the goods we need. Do you know which island stands between Braavos and Lunaria?"

"... Ah! Stepstones."

"Aye. That place is the nest of pirates. They will attack the cargo ship and try to plunder it. I need you to tell this to the Admiral. With the food coming in a few days, we can feed more mouths and give more food to the army that continues to train."

"Yes, Your Highness. Leave it to me."

"Thank you, Ser."

After seeing Ser Willem and Barik walk away from the room, I look at Dany and say.

"Dany, do you want to see some magic?"

"Magic?! Un!"

5