Chapter 32
90 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How is the farm doing?"

I ask the elder in front of me, who is smiling at me.

"We are doing great, my lord. The land you blessed grew so much food in such a short time."

I hold myself from sighing and only smile at him. I nod my head and say,

"That is good. Can you take me there? I want to check the farm myself."

"Of course, my lord."

I follow the elders and arrive in front of a massive farm field. I can see potatoes, corn and cabbage. I look at my notes and check the potato, corn, and cabbage farms list. I kneel next to the potato farm and put my hand on the ground.

I spread my mana into the ground and checked how the land was doing. Hmmm, the land is doing fine. The spell can last for another three months before I need to reduce the effectiveness by half.

I did not want to make this place barren. The only reason why cast this spell is to make sure there is food to feed all the people of Lunaria.

I clean my hands and check another list from my note. The land is in good condition.

"All is good. You guys still boil the water before drinking it, right?"

I look at the elder, who is nodding his head.

"Yes, my lord. We do what you have been instructed and drink the water after boiling it."

"That is good. How is it? Is there anyone who has experienced stomach ache?"

"No, my lord. Since we boil the water and clean ourselves before eating, we never experience any stomach ache."

"Good. Keep it up. Also, remember to clean your body as well in the bath, okay? A clean body is a healthy body."

"Of course, my lord."

I have already introduced my people to hygienic life. While it cannot be compared to modern life, it is a start. I did not want to make this place into a disease breeding zone.

I have already created a public bathroom that the government oversees. All of these public bathrooms have three runic stones underneath them. One stone conjures some water, the second stone warms the water, and the last one will make sure the dirty water disappears and is replaced with clean water.

The three runic stones are bound by the ward I created around the bathhouse. This will ensure the runic stones are alive by feeding them mana from the air. There are about twelve public bathhouses around the island that they can use for a low price.

The money from the bathhouse will pay the employee who cleans the bathhouse and watches over them. Hell, because the people really like taking a bath, there are leftover coins left that I can add to the vault.

After checking the farm, I walk toward the village centre, where I see many people enjoying their day. I walk toward the nearest food vendor and decide to buy the food.

"Ah! Lord Healer!"

"Hello, my good man. Can I get two meat skewers?"

"Of course, my lord!"

I nod my head and sit down on the chair near the food vendor. I look around and smile a little. Lunaria has grown since the first time I stepped on this island. It has been two months since we have a trade agreement between Braavos and us.

In the first month, the people of Lunaria did not have many things to offer, but by the end of the first month, we could offer them a good amount of goods. The first item I trade with the Braavosi is paper.

I cannot make a modern-day paper, but I can make the older version of the paper. The paper is thicker and more yellow than modern-day paper.

And it was working. The paper industry became Lunaria's primary trading goods. Paper is relatively expensive because of how rare it is. The only source of paper is coming from the country of Yi Ti.

The other thing I sold to Braavos is food. With Rice growing like weeds in Lunaria, we sold some of it to Braavos.

"My lord, your meat skewer."

I snap from my thoughts and smile at the merchant. I take out ten Lysian coins and give them to him.

"Ah! You don't need to pay me, my lord."

"No. I cannot eat the food if you do not accept my money."

"B-but…."

"Just take it, my good man."

My guardian, Ser Willem, said it to the merchant with a slight smile on his face. Hearing Ser Willem's words, he nods his head and gets back to his vendor.

"Do you want some, Ser?"

"No, thank you, Your Highness. I'm good."

"If you say so."

I take the skewer from the wooden plate and eat it. Hmmm, salty. It is not bad, but I want black pepper and cumin on my skewer. Sadly black pepper and cumin are expensive goods. Not many people can have it.

While eating the food, I look at my to-do list and see where I should go next.

"Farm and mine are done. That only leaves the port."

The mine is something that we discovered on this island. The three mountains on this island are filled with precious ore like gold and iron but mostly iron. There is some silver, but it looks like the silver ore has almost been depleted. After asking Bakir, he said that Silver is the most important metal to the magister.

I guess that is why there are more silver mines than gold mines.

"Ser Willem, how are the soldiers? Do you have any complaints?"

"We are doing fine, Your Highness. The army is doing fine. They need more training, but overall they are doing fine."

"Training, huh? How about letting them have joint training with the navy? Pirates are going rampant lately, and we can use this to train and give them some experience."

"Then they will be a navy and not an army."

"That is what I have been thinking. Army and Navy are the same. They are soldiers. I thought that both of them could fight in both environments. The Navy can fight on land, and the Army can fight while they are on the sea. What do you think?"

"T-That can work. I will put your suggestion with the General and Admiral."

"Thank you, and speaking of the admiral, should we go to the port?"

"Of course, Your Highness."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Three people are sitting on the chair around the round table with a smile on their faces. They are the wealthiest men from Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis. The reason why they are so happy? The alliance between Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis is officially founded.

This alliance is created to eliminate the threat to their power, the Lunaria kingdom. They did not care if Viserys took over Lys as long as he was pro-slavery, but with Viserys abolishing slavery from Lunaria, they were afraid that their people would also be revolting against them.

Because of this reason, they need to make an example. They want to destroy Lunaria by their might to show their slave that they cannot revolt unless they want to be killed.

"For the old tradition!"

"For the old tradition!"

"For the old tradition!"

The three of them cheer and take a sip of the wine.

5