Chapter 33
84 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Pardon me? Can you repeat that?"

I look at the man in front of me with a frown on my face.

"Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis make an alliance to destroy Lunaria, my lord."

I rub the bridge of my nose, and I can slowly feel the headache coming. Can't I have a few months of peace? Bloody hell. The first one is an army from the west, and now another army from the north?!

"Haaaaaa. Call the other. The War Council will start soon. We are in a state of emergency."

"Yes, Your Highness!"

I lean on the chair and release a tired sigh. Let's just get this over with.

~Sometimes later~

I look at the people that gather around the long table. My guard, Ser Willem, and my advisor, Bakir, are standing next to me. Sitting to my right is the General of the army, Garion. He is a former General coming from Qohor before he gets captured by the Dothraki.

Sitting to my left is the Admiral of the Navy, Lorio. He is the captain that took me here and a veteran in pirate hunting. He decided to stay in Lunaria with his family and accept the job after I asked him about it.

Sitting next to Lorio is the Master of the Ship called Hernandes. He is Harbour Master from Braavos before he gets captured by pirates. He is sold to Volatis and then sold to Lys. He is now working for me in the same job he had in the past.

The last person sitting next to Garion is my Master of Coin, Karina. She is a banker working in Braavos, and just like the others, she is a formerly enslaved person. She gets captured by the IronBorn and is sold to Tyrosh. She almost gets sold to Lys as a Sex Slave, but before she could arrive, my ship encounters her's, and I freed her from the slaver.

"Do you already know the reason why I call you all here?"

I can see them nodding their heads.

"Good. Tyrosh, Volantis and Myr decide to attack Lunaria. They intend to destroy this place that we built with our sweat and blood. They intend to take our family and make them their slave. They intend to destroy this place to make an example to the other people who try to take back their freedom."

I can see them grit their teeth in anger. Good. I can use that.

"Are we going to let them do it? Are we going to let them destroy our home?!"

"No!"

"Are we going to let them take the freedom we have?!"

"No!"

"Are we going to let them kill our family because they are afraid of the freedom we spread?!"

"No!"

I get up from my seat, and the others follow suit.

"Then the next course of action is clear! We are going to war!"

"WOAHHHH!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Lunaria once again gets busy. The news of a slaver coming to their home and wanting to take away their freedom did not sit well with them. Lucky for Viserys, many unused arrows and swords are ready to be used.

Not only that, but Hernandes also ordered to build more ships just in case something like this happened. He did not only order building ships; he and a few engineers managed to make a scorpion, a long-range artillery weapon.

They can mount four scorpions on it and have twenty bolts for each ship with their ship size. Unfortunately, the engineer can only make eight scorpions and can only make another two before the navy moves out.

Because of this reason, Lorio decided to place two scorpions on each ship and ten bolts each.

Ser Willem and Garion, on the other hand, do last-minute formation training. Garion also ordered the patrol around Lunaria doubled up. He also makes sure no one knows about their movement. Just like Viserys said to him, their greatest weapon is the element of surprise.

They will not let the enemies make the first move. They need to make the first move and attack the enemy's hearts.

Their enemies are not soldiers. They are nothing but a sellsword and sellsail, mercenaries. As long as they show the enemies that they are powerful, the enemies will lose their morale and run away.

Mercenaries can only think about money and their life. They will leave when they see that they are fighting an unwinnable battle.

Strike the enemy's heart, and you will win the fight.

"This is…"

While the people of Lunaria are busy preparing for war, the people that just came to this place look around in confusion. Among those people are a middle-aged man and a young girl. This man is Jon Connington or Griff, and the young girl next to him is Rhaenys Targaryen, Viserys' niece.

"Jon… What happened?"

"Ah. I'm sorry, princess. I was just shocked with how busy the port is."

The young girl nods her head and looks around in wonder while Jon frowns. He is familiar with this sight. He sees it numerous times. The sight in front of him is the sight of people preparing for war.

"Come on, princess. We need to go and see your uncle, okay?

"Yes!"

Jon and Rhaenys walk through the pathway to the lord manor where Viserys live. After walking for a few minutes, they arrive in front of the manor, but before they can get any closer, the guard stops them.

"Halt stranger! This is the Lord Viserys' manor. You cannot get any closer."

"Uncle Viserys?!"

"Uncle?"

The guard looks at Rhaenys and sees a silver patch of hair on her head for a second before saying.

"Wait here."

They wait for a few minutes before the door opens up, and a young man with silver hair comes out of the manor. Viserys walks out of the house with Dany in his arms. When Rhaenys sees Viserys, she starts to run toward Viserys.

She throws herself at Viserys and hugs his legs.

"Uncle!"

"Rhae?!"

5