Chapter 36
74 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the corpse in front of me with sadness. I dislike killing them, but they come and decide to attack my place. The place where I work so hard and the place where my sister lived. Not only that, but I also did not want to abandon all of my research to open a path to earth.

There are also the people that would die if I did not fight. I did not like slavery. I guess it was my modern side talking, but even then, I think it was something that could not last.

I spread my mana around my neck and head, especially to the organ that let me talk. After getting the effect I needed, I took a deep breath and said.

"The Enemy commander is dead! My soldiers! My comrade! My brother! Let's kick the slaver out of our land!"

My voice echoed through the empty ocean because of the spell I used. A second later, I can hear a roar from around me. Every single person coming with me shouted their war cry. I can see people on the other ship panicking and turning their ship around.

I fly toward the ship and say.

"Firebolt! Firebolt! Firebolt!"

I fired three firebolts that hit their ship. I can see the fire slowly spread out. I can see many people jumping down to the water.

"Attack! Let no one escape!"

I shouted while my voice still got enchanted by my magic. I get higher and take a deep breath. This will take most of my mana away, but I need to do this. I create a magic circle on my body that lets me absorb the mana in the air at high speed and make sure my body does not get overloaded by it.

When the amount of mana is right, I cast a healing spell to all of my still alive allies and even give them a little boost in their strength. I can see my body light up and continue to shine brightly for a few seconds before it disappears.

I am exhausted. I slowly fall to the ship's deck and lie down on the wooden deck. Urgh. I hate using this amount of mana at once. I can feel my entire body heat up from the strain of using this much mana at once. I need to make chants that let my mana flow slowly and not at once.

Chantless magic spells are good, but it is not good to use if you want to cast high-level magic. I can slowly release my mana into reality by creating a chant and not strain my mana core. I can make a magic circle to do this, but it will take a long time to make that magic formula.

I need to make a new runic language other than what I already created to make a fully functional magic circle for this high-level magic.

"Your Highness! Are you okay?"

I look at Ser Willem running toward me with his bloodstained armour and sword. I give him a smile and say.

"Don't worry, Ser Willem, I only strained my magic core because of casting the spell. I should be good in a few minutes."

"I see. However! You did not need to do that, your highness! You need to take care of your body!"

"But I cannot see my people get injured, Ser Willem."

I can see his eyes soften, but he keeps a stern face.

"I know, my king. However, you also need to understand your men. Seeing you falling down like that will make them worry and reduce morale. An army needs its head to survive, and you are its head and heart. We will not survive if you are gone, my king. You are the reason why they are moving. You are the reason they fight, and you are the reason they are still alive."

I look at the dark sky full of stars and release a sigh. I nod my head and say.

"Yeah, I will take care of myself more, Ser Willem."

"That is good, my king. You are a good king, Your Highness. A long-lived king will create a long-lived kingdom."

"Heh. Then what if they are a tyrant?"

"Then they are not a king, Your Highness. They are, as you said, a tyrant. They did not deserve the title of a king."

I nod my head and close my eyes for a bit.

~A few hours later~

It takes a few hours for us to gather all my men who die in battle, takes all the prisoners into the brig, and heal all the injured in combat. We lost twenty-two men in this fight and have a few hundred men wounded. A dozen of them need my immediate attention, or they will die.

I look at Lorio standing next to me and say.

"How many ships do we get?"

"We got twenty-two ships from this raid, my lord. We also get a few thousand arrows, a few hundred weapons and a few thousand of leather armour. We also get a lot of grain from the other ship. It looks like we are getting a fortune, my lord."

I nod my head and say.

"Good. We need to get out of here. We still need to attack the other two."

"Yes, my lord! Raise the anchor! We are moving!"

I look at the wreckage we leave behind and release a sigh. I hope this fight will not last long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

The news of Viserys and his men winning against the force of Tyrosh spread like wildfire. They did not know that they managed to capture and destroy the main supply ship for the trio alliance.

Because of their arrogance, they let Tyrosh be their main food supply. Because of their constant fight against each other, Myr and Volantis did not have enough food to feed their soldiers. They think that this fight will be easy and only take a month at maximum.

Because of this reasoning, they ask Tyrosh to supply them with the food they need. Sadly for them, Viserys and his men manage to destroy and loot all the food they need. Two other ships carry more food, but they run away with the food.

It can be recovered if they are loyal soldiers, but sadly for Myr and Volantis, they are mercenaries. They keep their lives, and they get a massive amount of food. It is a win-win situation for them.

Without Viserys knowing it, his hope for a quick war is coming true, but sadly for him, this fight will be bloody. They did not have enough food, so they needed to win this fight quickly.

5