Chapter 37
74 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Vorahi - One of the Triarch of Volantis|

"My lord! My lord!"

I look at the young man running toward me and say.

"What is it?"

"T-there is a letter, my lord! A letter from Tyrosh!"

"What is it?! Speak quickly!"

The young man nods his head and says.

"Tyrosh has surrendered, my lord! The Lunaria kingdom has annihilated their force."

"What?!"

My fellow ruler shouted at the same time and got up from our chair.

"What happened?! Tell me quickly!"

"Yes! Tyrosh and her army moved as instructed, but before they could join us, their force was attacked by the Lunaria's force."

"How many of them survive?"

"None! All of the soldiers Tyrosh brings are killed and leaving only the mercenary, but all run away at the sight of Lunaria's army."

"What about the food?! The weapon?! We need them!"

I can see the young man shaking like a leaf and staying silent.

"Speak!"

"Y-Yes! They are gone! All the ship that sank is filled with food and weapons the Tyroshi promised us."

"ARGH!"

I take out my sword and swing it down on the young man. I look at the corpse in disgust before looking at the soldier in the room.

"Clean this up! And bring more wine!"

"Yes, my lord."

I sit down on the chair and sigh.

"Hmmm. This is bad."

I look at my fellow Triarch and say.

"Aye. Without that food, we cannot lay siege for long and have a long fight."

"Pah! Siege? We did not need to do that. We come here to raze them to the ground. The slave and the richest is the secondary objective."

I look at the oldest Triarch in this room with a confused expression.

"And what about the payment for all the sellsword and sellsail we hire?"

"We will pay them, of course. I want to tell you that we did not need to do a long siege. If we cannot occupy the city by the end of the week, we will burn it to the ground. We will loot the city later. Anyway, you did not need to worry about the food. Lys is a fertile land filled with fruit and vegetables that we can eat. We need to get into the land as fast as possible, and they are done for."

I nod my head. What he said makes sense. Our number is three times their size. As long as we arrive in Lys, we will win the fight.

"And I have the feeling they also know this. They will bring the fight to the sea. As much as it hurts me, the people of Lys are seafaring people. They are just behind the Iron Born in terms of shipbuilding and sea warfare. We will have a hard time punching through their line and defeating them in a sea battle. I also heard a rumour that the king of Lys is a sorcerer."

"Bah! A rumour from a drunken sailor! The Age of Magic is over. He is nothing but a fake sorcerer. Even if he is really a sorcerer, he is a weak sorcerer."

I did not agree with this. I already hear a rumour about Viserys healing thousands of people in Braavos and how he does it without getting paid. Healing a thousand people with his magic cannot be done if he is weak.

"I hope you are right. However, we still need to think about how we will get there."

"You are thinking this too much, my friend. We have many sacrifices for us to use."

I see him smile widely, showing his yellow teeth.

"To reduce the amount of money we need to pay them, we will put the sellsail and sellsword in the front. Tell them we will pay them to double… no, triple the amount if they manage to take the enemy commander. Their greed will make them reckless and open the path for our main force to move. We will take more loot, and we did not need to pay much money to the mercenaries."

"Hmmm. That will work. We need to tell the people of Myr about this plan."

"Yes. You!"

He pointed his finger at the guard.

"Go to Myr's ship! Ask them that we need to have a meeting about the plan we need to do."

"Yes, my lord!"

I nod my head and pour some wine into my glass. I smile a little when I feel the wine touch my tongue. It tastes sweeter than usual. I guess I can already taste the victory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

While the people of Myr and Volantis were busy partying in the middle of the ocean, they did not see a small and fast ship in the distance, only a few kilometres away from them. This is the scout ship of Lunaria Kingdom.

The captain of the ship looks at his men and says.

"We got their location. Let's get back."

After three days of constant rowing and sailing, the captain arrives in the war room where he can see his lord, Viserys Targaryen, the General and the Admiral talking about the strategy they need to use.

"My lord! I'm the captain of the Scout-A2 and have come to bring you the location of the enemy."

Viserys nods his head and says.

"Please come closer and point at the location of their fleet."

"Yes!"

The captain walks toward the war table and points at the location where he and his crew meet the fleet.

"They are in here, my lord, and by my prediction, they will go with this route."

"And why can't they go from the south? Why do they need to follow the coast?"

"Because of the weather, my lord. This time of the month, the sea is at its most chaotic state. If they use the southern route, they are risking themselves being trapped in the middle of a storm. Our southern sea is the most chaotic place around here. That is the reason why we go to Dorne first instead of going straight to Summer Isle."

"I see. Thank you for your hard work, Captain."

"It is an honour, my lord!"

Viserys nods his head, looks at Lorio and says.

"How long do you think they will arrive?"

"Seven days the fastest and twelve days the latest. I bet my money on it ten days before they arrive here."

"Then we have seven days to prepare to fight in the land. However, I need some ideas on how to harass them. Just like our fight with Tyrosh, we did not need to kill them all. We only need to create as much chaos as possible, and they will retreat. However, unlike with Tyrosh, I have a feeling they already know about our previous strategy and decide to tighten their security at night."

Both Lorio and Garion nod their heads in agreement with Viserys. They thought that the heavy blow they had done to Tyrosh, Myr and Volantis would increase their guard when in reality, it did not change much as the Triarch and the Magister decided to hide the defeat of Tyrosh.

After thinking about it for a minute, Lorio suddenly got an idea.

"I have an idea, my lord."

"Oh? Please tell me."

By the end of the explanation, Garion and Viserys smile widely.

5