Chapter 39
83 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|3rd POV|

The massacre of the New Daughter has been spread across Essos and Westeros. Among them is Ferrego Antaryon, the current Sealord of Braavos and also an ally to the Lunaria kingdom.

He wanted to send some soldiers or some sellsail, but the council did not let him do it. However, they were willing to send the Lunarians some weapons or food. He sent some letters to Viserys saying that while they could not send them some men, they were willing to send weapons and food while Lunaria was in a war against the three city-states.

However, to his surprise, Viserys sent a reply saying that they did not need it. The young king told him that they did not help and even said to him that they would continue to have some trade with Braavos as if nothing had happened.

He first thought that Viserys was nothing but an arrogant young king, and the council agreed with him.

However, now, they couldn't help but give him the respect he deserves.

Somehow, they win the war. They win against an army three times bigger than theirs, and they win it in a record time. Ferrego already hears about the new title Viserys gets from this war. He is now called the Devil King, the Silver Sorcerer, and the Saintly King.

The first title comes from his accomplishment. He is not a human but a devil for winning the unwinnable war. He wins the war by appearing in the middle of the night just like a devil who wants to kill you. The second title comes from his ability to cast magic that has never been seen before. He can create a ghostly hand to hold his enemy down and make them fall to the ground, create fire to burn his enemy and make himself fly in the air. The last title comes from his healing power. Even when he is a king, he still retains his kindness and continues to heal his people. He is king but not a tyrant, unlike all the kings that currently live.

After the war, Lunaria demanded compensation from all the city-states. Viserys demanded a massive amount of gold and food, or they would attack them while they were recovering. Of course, this is not true.

Viserys can ask his people to attack the New Daughter, and they are more than willing to fight in this war, but he knows that fighting inland is not something they can do at the moment. Their land soldier is not yet ready to fight in a war, especially fighting against three city-states.

Not only were they outnumbered, but their equipment also was not the best, as they did not have time to prepare for an aggressive war.

Because of this, Viserys decided not to attack them and only used a threat. Myr chooses not to agree with his demand and says that they will not pay them any compensation, and seeing this letter, Viserys decides to attack their coastline.

He and his men come to the village and town around the coastline of Myr. They let the people go and let them flee to Myr while burning their house. He did this to fifteen villages and towns on the shore of Myr.

This action has two goals. The first is to damage Myr's income and the second one is to make Myr even more crowded. With all these people in one place, there will be civil unrest not just because their home is burned to the ground but also because the food inside the city starts to be depleted.

With that many people in one place, food consumption will skyrocket.

By doing this, Viserys also strikes at the primary income of Myr. All of those coastline villages and towns are the place where the Glass is produced. Myr's primary income came from their glass making, and with their main income getting destroyed, they did not have enough income to buy food, slaves, or other things.

Because of this, Myr is willing to accept Viserys' demand, but Viserys rejects their surrender. He decided to double the demand. At first, the magister of Myr did not want it, but after a week of continuous raids and the increasing unrest in their city, they relented and accepted the demand.

Now, Lunaria has a couple of dozen million golds inside their vault. Not only that, but they also have a few hundred new ships from the three city-states. That is what Viserys demanded, gold and ships.

While Ferrego did not know how much money Viserys got from this war, he knew that the young king got a mountain of gold from this war, and he wanted some of it. He will not steal it, no. He will get them by trading something, and he knows just the right thing.

He already hears the rumor from the drunken merchant from Lys that their king wants a rare plant seed and is willing to pay quite an amount for it. While Braavos's land is not quite fertile, its location is the perfect place for many people to trade goods and among that goods is a rare plant seed that he can sell.

He will not swindle the young king, he did not dare to do that, but there is nothing wrong with increasing the price of the seed. He is a merchant; after all, he wants some profit.

Ferrego is not the only one who knows about the Lunaria's victory against the New Daughter. Across the continent, the king of the Seven Kingdoms, Robert Baratheon, also hears about this news, and he is angry when he hears it.

"And like I said before, we cannot go to war against them, Robert!"

"Why the hell not?! Just gather the banner, and we will sail to that bastard dragon! Once we arrive there, we will plunder his city and burn it to the ground before I crush his skull!"

Jon Arryn releases a tired sigh as he hears Robert ranting about how he wants to go to Lys or, should he say, Lunaria and kill Viserys Targaryen and his sister Daenerys Targaryen. He did not want war, his banner did not war, and currently, the realm did not need another war.

Because of the pressure from Braavos, they cannot save any more money. With Braavos and Lunaria as an ally, the Seven Kingdoms cannot use their food equal money like a few months before.

Braavos has an abundance of food from Lunaria.

Because of this reason, he decided to increase the tax by thirty percent, and he could already hear the protest from small to medium-sized lords. Combining this with the excess use of gold by Robert and Cersei, they continue to lose more money.

He did not know how long he could maintain this increased tax before another rebellion happened. Varys also informs him that Dorne has started to make a move. The spider did not know what kind of move they would make, but he said that Dorne sent someone to go to Lunaria.

He really hopes that the future will be nothing but peace.

Sadly for him, the squid decided to rebel, but it was a story for another time.

5