Chapter 40
170 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look out of the window and smile a little. Lunaria finally has some peace and can grow. It has been seven months since the war, and Lunaria has enough money to grow. I can finally do the project I have in mind for Lunaria.

The first thing I want to do is the printing press. Because I did not know how to make it, I decided I needed some outside help. I gathered some trusty Blacksmiths, Carpenters, and even Fletcher to discuss this.

After throwing the idea around, they were finally able to make two things from my project. They manage to create Printing Press and Seed Drill. It was still in its early stage, but it is working as intended.

Because of this, the farmers have an easier time in their duty, and I can copy a large number of books.

Unsurprisingly, many people want to use our printing press, and most of them come from a religious faction. Our biggest customers come from the Faith of Seven and the Red Priest from the Worshiper of R'hllor.

While I still ban the Red Priest from spreading religion in my kingdom, I will not reject their money. I even created a law that specifically says any Worshiper of R'hllor doing missionary mission here will be executed, and anyone who practices this religion will be exiled from Lunaria.

I did not want a religion that sacrifices people in my kingdom. They are too extreme for my taste. I already read one of the propaganda books they sent to me as a gift and read that their god demands at least one human being sacrificed to him every year.

Every single red priest or priestess that comes here will be monitored closely. But how can you know which one is a red priest and which is not? I have already prepared for that.

That is easy. I already trained a small group of people with mana inside them to notice tainted mana that any red priest released into the air. Every single worshiper of R'hllor has this stench that smells like a corpse or a lump of burning meat around them.

This special group is called the Black Dog. This is the special group that Bakir, Ser Willem, and I train personally. They excel in stealth and how to blend with the common folk. They can use many kinds of weapons and are even experts in hand-to-hand combat. Lastly, they are officially a sorcerer.

They did not have the same mana reserve as me, not even close, but they had better control.

Because of this reason, I thought of them as a relatively weak but versatile spell as their foundation. The first is a healing spell, the second is a chameleon spell, and the last is a spell that lets them mask their smell and mute any sound around them.

They are the perfect secret police that will become my eyes and ear in my kingdom. Not only eyes and ears, but they are also my personal bodyguard. If Ser Willem and his order of Knights called Knight of the Twilight is my guard that the public can see, the Black Dog is my guard that not many people can see or even know.

The Black Dog had already captured a dozen Red Priests and Priestesses who tried to spread their religion into this kingdom.

Speaking of magic, I discovered something! I can bestow one cantrip to anyone who is loyal to me. Yes, the loyal part is important. I once tried to capture a spy, and it did not work—the same with a stranger or someone who was not loyal to me.

The Black Dog's cantrip is mostly an offensive kind of cantrip like Firebolt, Ray of Frost, and Bestow Curse. However, some of them want something like Prestidigitation and Mage Hand.

Other than cantrip, I also teach them some magic spells as well. I train them three times a week and then give them some homework to increase their mana reserve. It was some exercise for their tiny mana core.

I can already feel the fruit of their hard work. I can feel their mana coming out from their body, and each time I see it, I can feel it get bigger.

Besides the Black Dog, I also train another group of people in mystic art. This group is called the White Cat. They are the group of people who heal others using their magic and knowledge of medicine and herbs.

With the help of Braavos, Lunaria became the heaven for all healing herbs and even poisonous plants. While Braavos provides the seeds, I prepare a large garden for all the herbs and plants to grow.

This is another of my projects. I want to create a herb garden for my cooking and potion-making experiment. The White Cat is the one taking care of this place. They are the one making sure the plant is well watered and gives fertilizer monthly for each plant.

Because of this reason, the White Cat is the healer of the Lunaria Kingdom. If the Black Dog chose mostly offensive cantrip, the White Cat chose support cantrip. The healer always takes the Prestidigitation cantrip while the Potioneer takes the Mage Hand.

However, beware. While their primary job is a healer, they are not the people you can underestimate. They are also trained in martial arts. They can fight with close combat weapons, long-range weapons, and even unarmed.

While they are not as strong as the Black Dog or the Knight of the Twilight, they are not the people you can underestimate.

I release a sigh from my mouth and see the market in the distance. I can already hate the picture inside my head of how busy it was. With Lunaria now a well-known new country in the world, many people want to see what kind of kingdom this place is.

"Vy!"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear the door to my office slam into the wall. I smile a little when I see the bundle of joy of my sister dragging her niece, Rhaenys, around. Even though Rhaenys is the older one in this relationship, Dany will be the one dragging her around.

"Dany! We cannot just get inside my uncle's office!"

"Vy! Vy!"

Dany decides to ignore Rhae and quickly runs toward me. I pick her up and say.

"What is it, Dany?"

I also pick Rhae and place her on my lap when she gets closer.

"Magic!"

Oh, yeah. I already promised them that I would teach them some magic, huh?

5