Chapter 43
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I open my eyes, I can see that I'm inside my bedroom. I try to get up, but I feel a heavy thing around my arms. I look to the right and see Dany sleeping next to me, and I can see Rhae to my left.

I use my power and make them both float in the air. However, as I make them float, they wake up.

"Vy!"

"Uncle!"

I release a sigh and give them a smile before putting them down. When they are on the bed, they quickly hug me tightly. I want to say something, but I can feel the wetness coming from them.

"Hey, why are you guys crying? I'm fine, see?"

They continue to cry for a few seconds. When they stopped crying, Dany looked at me and said,

"I-I thought you were gone."

"I'm not gone, Dany. I will always be here. You don't need to worry, okay?"

I smile at both of them and pat their head. I see them smile at me and nod their head. After patting their heads, I tried to get off the bed, but they did not move.

"No! Carry us!"

"You two… Fine."

"Kyaaaa"

I can hear both of them screaming in delight when I take them both in my arms. Man, they have grown big since the last time I carried them both. In a couple of years, I will have a hard time carrying them both in my arms.

When I get out of my room, I can see a group of people waiting outside my room. When they see me, they quickly bow and say.

"Your highness!"

"Please raise your head."

At my command, they raise their head. I can see the Royal Healer walk toward me and say,

"Are you okay, your highness? Does your mana core hurt? Do I need to brew other mana potions?"

"I'm doing fine, Rikos. My mana core has already recovered and adapted. It was the worst mana exhaustion I ever had but not by much. I can take it."

"That's good but as your healer, I want to tell you to never do that reckless behavior."

"Hahahaha. I can't promise that."

"Haaaaa… Just make sure not to do that often. The other is worried about you, your highness. Even the princess worried about you."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry for worrying you guys. I will try not to do this too often."

He looked at me with a distrustful expression before releasing another sigh.

"That is good, I guess. Now, do you want to see your new companion?"

"Companion? Oh! The dragon! Where do you guys put them?"

"They are still in the garden, your highness. They almost bite the guard's arms when he tries to take them away. We decided to leave them there, and they did not move from where you hatched them. It has been four hours and they are still lying down there unmoving."

"I see. Then let's not keep them waiting."

All of us walk toward the garden, and true to Rikos' word, I can see three small dragons 'roaring' at anyone in sight. When they see me, they quickly run toward me. I put Dany and Rhae down and welcome the three dragons in my hands.

I can feel their tongue licking my face. It feels like sandpaper is rubbing my face. It did not hurt, just a little bit weird.

"Woah, hello there."

I smile and rub their head one by one. I can feel them purring at my touch and even chirping a little when I stop scratching their head. Heh. They are just like a puppy. A scaly, fire-breathing puppy.

I can see both Rhae and Dany look at the dragons in awe.

"Do you want to touch them?"

"Can we?!"

Rhae says that with an excited expression.

"Of course. Here, come on."

When Dany and Rhae get closer, I can see the silver dragon walk toward Dany and the blue dragon walk toward Rhae. They sniff at Dany and Rhae before rubbing their scaly heads on their legs.

Rhea and Dany squeal in delight before rubbing their dragons.

I chuckle a little and look at the purple dragon climbing to my shoulder before saying.

"It looks like you will be my partner, huh?"

"Craw"

"That's right buddy, it is you and me."

I chuckle a little when the dragon licks me once again. I look at Dany and Rhae, who are picking up their dragon.

"So, what kind of name you guys will give to your dragon?"

"Our dragon?"

Rhae looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Aye. They choose you and so they are your companion."

"Oh! Oh! I will name mine, Silverwing!"

Dany shouted the name of her dragon, and I could see her companion roaring in approval.

"That is a good name, Dany. What about you, Rhae?"

"Ummm… I will call her Ellia just like mother."

"Oh? And how do you know the gender of your dragon?"

"I-I don't know? I just know."

Hmmm, I guess there is a connection between our dragon and us. I instinctively know my dragon's gender and what kind of mood he is currently in.

"I see. I know your dragon will be a strong one in the future just like your mother."

"Y-Yes! She will become big and strong, just like mama!"

"That's right."

Dany and I smile at Rhae for a second before their eyes land on my companion and me.

"Vy! What kind of name will you name your dragon?"

"Hmmm… I think I will name him Alduin."

"Alduin?"

"Aye. Alduin is a legendary dragon name. His full title is Alduin the World Eater. He is a very powerful dragon that can eat the entire world."

"Woah! Really?!"

"Aye. Let me tell you a story of a Dragonborn…."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Brynden Rivers - Three-Eyed Raven|

"No! No! No!"

Everything has changed! Everything has gone wrong! The age of magic should not return this early! The age of the dragon should not start this early! Everything is wrong! All of my plans are gone! The prince of promise is changed!

I cannot see the future any longer! A blinding light shrouds the future! It is too bright! I cannot see anything. The only thing I see is that I died from dragon fire. No! It will not be my destiny! I will be the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms after the pawn kills the White King!

My destiny is to rule over the people of the Seven Kingdoms. It is my right! I have been making these plans, and it was perfect! I will not let it go! I shall rule this place!

It has been a while, huh? Because of a scam, I needed to sell most of my valuable things and did not have time or even the equipment to write a story. I need to sell most of my things to buy food and pay the previous month's rent and other bills. I'm writing this from the company's computer. I'm sorry to ask this, but if you can spare some changes, please visit my Ko-Fi page. Your support helps me to write more.

3