Which is Me?
524 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In short, I did attain magic. The glittering particles flying around me is the greatest proof of what I have just said.

 

It is a bit different from those shining orbs, but hey, who cares about insignificant details.

 

All be and end all once magic is within the palm of my hand…… but I still yet to be able to use it well.

 

Oh, and by the way, another insignificant detail is that I apparently reincarnated. I noticed it through the clearly fantasy-looking environment that I am currently in.

 

I do not know the justification for being brought to this world. Maybe the gate of reincarnation had opened its doors. Or maybe the hazy black figure that I saw in that unique white world had brought me here for whatever reason. But then again, insignificant details.

 

Having said that, at the moment, I am a young boy that has only recently become fully aware, so I do not know much about the current world I reincarnated into. Due to that, I completely have zero clue to what I am supposed to do.

 

I mean, the place that I am spat into is literally in a blaze. All of the houses and buildings that once flourished in this place are either entirely razed to the ground or in the process of being razed to the ground.

 

From those details, I can easily make a guess that this place is a recently raided village.

 

The heavy smoke from the flames are rising to the sky, shrouding it entirely and blocking natural lights from basking the place. There are no people alive to be seen and only their remains of mutilated and burned corpses lying everywhere on the ground of the place.

 

The bodies are left in a grotesque form given that almost all of them have no heads attached to their bodies. In addition, most of them have at least a missing limb and are visibly in a butchered state, scattering their fragments of bones and torn flesh around them which greatly defiled the ground with revolting scenes.

 

I still have not moved from my standing position so that I do not accidentally lure the cause of this village’s destruction towards me.

 

And so while doing just that, I think I am only shoved inside a recently dead body and is not granted a new one instead.

 

The warmth from the impaled flesh of my certain part of the chest still lingers throughout my body. Despite the internal sensation of this body's penetrated heart, it is pulsating against death as if that feeling is a facade. The bloody parts of my body that would suggest deep wounds underneath them seem to be nonexistent while my own dripping blood is warming me.

 

It only transpired not that long so the blood have not turned viscous from oxidation. But the intense heat generated from the flames is quickly drying them.

 

Fresh blood trickles from my body to the ground, seeping its liquid into the already heavily contaminated soil and dyeing it to red color. The torn slave-like cloth on my body is also tainted from its already dirty state.

 

It is practically nonfunctional given that it is only able to hang on to me through its single strand connecting its front and back sides at my left shoulder, so most of the sections of my body are exposed to the seething environment and the floating ashes of burning buildings. My rod is also hanging openly for the outside to touch.

 

And thus, while withstanding the intense heat, I finally move from my stagnant position and tread around the village, avoiding the pool of dried blood and scattered chunks of meat as I observe the area.

 

The heavy dark smoke has formed a thick mist below the gray clouds, severely hindering my eyesight and suffering my lungs from the toxic chemicals within it as my breathing becomes slightly ragged in each second.

 

My main aim for now is to find a place safe enough for me to recuperate. After that, I might return to this place for salvageable goods here.

 

Naturally, most of these ‘salvageable goods’ here are the weapons and items left by the chunks of meat scattered across the area. Unnaturally, the sight of a pristine body materializes within my impaired eyesight, perturbing to check it over.

 

After I make my way to it, I am able to realize that it is in truth, a body of a young girl with no wounds or taints covering her. She does not wear any clothes in comparison with mine which fully exposes her naked body in front of my eyes. Above all else, how the hell is she able to sleep against the scorching heat and clearly contaminated area? She even seems to be comfortably sleeping here.

 

She is in tip-top shape with nonexistent damaged parts on her body and our ages seem to be the same. Though mine is only tarnished with blood and pollutants, my point still stands.

 

And so, naturally, I merely discard her before trying to escape this place. It has nothing to do with me, so I am completely in rights to leave her alone. It is also to respect her decision, so that is that.

 

However, just as when I pass through her, a sudden thought flashes in my mind.

 

According to various legends and myths on Earth, people who can utilize magic usually would wear clothes similar to that of a cloak while holding a stick-like weapon called 'staff' or something. Some of the corpses are exactly like those fantasy mages.

 

It must be…

 

In a second, I stretch out my hand and begin chanting the words from the memorized passages of the books.

 

“JAJAUHAKA MANAWERUKAN GUFA-”

 

That is right. I can see the particles of this new world are being moved by my articulation of speeches!

 

As time goes by, the surroundings are slowly being devoid of the particles as I gather them in one spot. Using my palm as the site, I mentally try to compress the thick particles floating on top of it and synthesize them into a heavier element.

 

But when I observe the palm, the particles are really doing what I have imagined! Ohhhh, my brain is trembling!!!

 

Magic truly exists and only human flaws fail to comprehend such a basic concept!!!

 

“MAGICMAGICMAGICMAGICMAGIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!”

 

I can see it. The fire, the light, the warmth, ohhhhhhh-!!!???

 

“B-Black mass???”

 

But then amidst my expectations, it quickly turns dark before suddenly disappearing from existence.

 

“B-B-But magic!!!???”

 

Immediately after saying that, my mind is suddenly being muddled, causing me to stumble from trying to stand properly while the growing headache is worsening it.

 

I instantaneously know an event is transpiring and immediately attempt to withhold my ground and fleeting consciousness from the excruciating pain. Fortunately, everything regresses back to normal after a few minutes have passed.

 

However, I am frozen in place the moment I start to feel oddities within me. The feeling only gets stronger the more I turn my body around and face downward.

 

At the end of that tracking, the form of a lying smiling girl with her eyes closed enters my sight.

 

————<>———O———<>————

 

How did things become this way.

 

Just when I finally got a hold of magic, an abnormality suddenly appeared and enormously complicated my dire situation.

 

The thought of abandoning her did cross my mind, however, this girl unfortunately has its life intertwined with mine, forcing me to bring her along with me.

 

The girl that had been creepily smiling during that time… is me, at the same time the young boy is also me. And so, I am now left with two bodies to tend to with the absolute perk of when either of them suddenly perishes for whatever reason, the same effect will be inflicted upon the other. In other words, I would die if she lost her life. But fortunately, any damages sustained are independent, at least that balances stuff out.

 

To be honest, personally I do like the concept of having two bodies to manage simultaneously. I mean, having two bodies within my literal control has opened up many routes and options of setting up greater stages which would be impossible with only one body.

 

Fighting it off against each other. Or a duo slaying the bad guys. Or maybe even playing the part of becoming guardians and whatnot. It is really lucrative of a reward.

 

However, it is just that against the current situation, it only serves as making it more difficult to survive. It is not due to the effects of this place and my failure to escape sooner, but the original antagonists of this place have returned to this place to continue mauling meats and items.

 

Strictly speaking, they are absolutely not humans in any way. From what I can peek behind this burnt pillar, their entire bodies are shaped like a goblin and with their stomach in a bloated state with greenish skin color, they are a bit of a joke to see but their numbers are undoubtedly not a humorless joke.

 

It eases my mind a bit to see them occupied with their own doings.

 

If only I am reincarnated to a better place, managing my survival would have been far more manageable. Furthermore, controlling my second body is currently unachievable, so I have to carry her in my arms and withstand the load pressure added into my small body.

 

While hiding behind the charred pillar, with the chance I have, I clasp her tightly to my chest and rapidly accelerate past the goblin-like creatures smashing the meats and items lying on the dried ground. Due to the specific path that I have chosen beforehand, they do not notice my presence as I rush out and into the forest of which I have managed to discover.

 

It does not matter where I would end up as long as I am able to recuperate and live on. This time for sure, I will be what I always longed for!

3