Chapter 8
1.5k 9 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they entered to the party hall through the doors they saw it was crowded with all sorts for Nobles from the entire country. Everyone was dressed extravagantly for the occasion. Everyone was waiting for the arrival of the hosts and gathered in small groups talking with each other. Seeing Adrian and Alice looking a little stiff due to their first time being here, Dirk told them to relax and they just need to follow the etiquette taught to them and they should be fine.

 

They then heard the announcement, " His Majesty the Emperor, Her Majesty the Empress and Princess Rosalia are making their entrance." The doors on the other side of the hall opened and the Emperor and his family made their entrance, everyone bowed in unison.

 

It was a slight to see to be honest, all 3 of them were good looking, especially the princess her black hair, blue eyes and beautiful face were way more striking in real life than in the game, Emperor Theodore with black hair and green eyes and the Empress Yuwelina with light blue hair and blue eyes also looked good.

 

The Emperor them took a goblet from a servant raised it and said, " Thank you all for attending my daughter's 10th birthday and social debut, I hope everyone enjoys the party", everyone replied by chanting, "Long live the Clementine Royal family".

 

After that everyone took turns to greet the royal family. Naturally  the 4 Ducal houses were the first ones to greet the royal family. The Hofstader's were the second. After greeting the royal family, the emperor said, " So this is your son Adrian I have heard a lot about, like he is a genius and great at both swordsmanship and magic, and she is the daughter of Baron Snow right?".

 

Alice nodded shyly and Adrian said, " You Majesty, those rumors are exaggerated, I am merely doing enough to befit my family name". The Emperor and Empress smiled, the Emperor said," Humble as well, looks like you have raised a great son Dirk". Dirk smiled proudly and said, " I couldn't be more proud sire". and 3 adults laughed happily, Alice looked somehow happy and proud too which Adrian didn't understand as to why she was proud for him but he decided to ignore and looked at the princess, she doesn't seemed that interested, which he thought was good, he really didn't want to be buddy buddy with all the main characters, just on good terms so as not be targeted, Alice was an exception cause she couldn't be avoided and also she was his cute little sister.

 

After that Adrian and Alice met other nobles as the royal family continued meeting other people. Then as Adrian and Alice were eating and chatting with other noble kids their age and enjoying themselves. Well....they were until 2 people joined in, they were the main villain of the game Bryan Lucifer with brown hair and golden eyes and another girl Adrian forgot about since he was too occupied on how to handle the princess.

 

This girl was Allena Pendragon the 3rd heroine of the game, she had purple eyes and pink hair and was a beauty as well, she was the youngest daughter of the Pendragon household which had two children, the first being a male and 5 years older than her. They introduced themselves to us and we introduced ourselves to them.

 

Allena had a calm personality and she just listened to everyone while Bryan started to brag about how he is good at swordsmanship and everything and that Adrian's rumors were exaggerated. Adrian listened with an amused smile as he knew how he outclassed Bryan as he remembered his skills from the game but he didn't retaliate cause he didn't want to cause a scene and only said, " I see". But Alice was very angry and protested, which prompted Bryan to challenge Adrian to a duel.

 

Adrian sighed, he didn't want to cause trouble but now there is trouble cause of Alice's response. But he couldn't blame her. He was trying to stop the duel but Bryan sneered," What? afraid? I would be too if was to face me, if you accept losses than why don't you give your witch sister to me, she would make a fine slave".

 

This irked Adrian very much, he got really angry and was shaking and shouted, "HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY SISTER LIKE THAT? FINE I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE BUT IF I WIN YOU WILL APOLOGIZE TO HER IN YOUR KNEES". Bryan sneered and said, " Ok I accept but it's not like you are gonna win". 

 

So the party suddenly stopped and a space was made by people for the duel and the King himself volunteered to be the referee cause he was quite curious about Adrian from the rumors. Both faced each other with swords, Alice cheered, "Brother you can win this".

 

With this the King signaled the start of the fight. Bryan rushed forward without giving Adrian time to think but Adrian calmly just dodged and countered and in a flash Bryan was at the floor with his sword falling away from him.

 

Adrian held his sword at Bryan's neck was said, " I win". The King declared the winner and said, " Looks like he is even better than the rumors". Everyone was looking at Adrian with interest. "Crap, I wanted to keep a low profile and this happened". Alice rushed and hugged him happily, he patted her head affectionately, he looked to see Allena and Rosalia looking at him with interest, "Crap", he thought. 

 

Then Bryan had to apologize on his knees, he was utterly humiliated and swore internally to take revenge, his father was looking at him angrily for having shamed his family. The Lucifer family wanted to rule the Empire and that's why they crated the demon cult, worshiping demons to gain power.

 

Adrian remember himself in the game joined the cult when he was in the school after he lost to the protagonist in the swordsmanship tournament, the loss hurt his ego nd so he was blinded, ofc now he wasn't going to do that.

Anyway the party ended without anymore fuss and Adrian was glad. However when going to sleep at night there was a dilemma as Alice wanted to sleep with him like she did a few times when they were younger, he had to tell her not to s they were now getting older (it was a problem cuz people here become adults at 15) and with a heart wrench at her teary eyes on his refusal he kept his stand until she relented.

 

He thought to him, "I hope it's not what I think is going on her mind, we are siblings even though not blood related, so it would be weird to be in a relationship like that. I hope I am mistaken". With that he went to sleep.

44