Chapter 22
1.1k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And the tournament continued.

 

The second match wasn’t that exciting to Adrian although seemed to enjoy it.

 

Then the 3rd match was going to start. It was princess Emily’s match. The person she was facing was a random student from the swordsmanship department.

 

The match finished in 10 seconds, Adrian didn’t understand why the opponent even entered the tournament, frankly his skills sucked, his stance and his holding the sword were all off. Adrian didn’t understand what the hell he was learning in the swordsmanship department.

 

It was a total waste of everyone’s time especially someone as skilled as Emily’s. everyone boo’d the opponent after he lost.

 

Emily didn’t look happy at winning this easily but what can be done?

 

Anyway the rest of the matches continued, there were more or less decent, the crowd seemed to be enjoying it, except people skilled enough like Adrian, Victor, Emily and the swordsaint.

 

Only Emily’s and Victor’s skills were noteworthy among the participants.

 

After sometime it was finally Adrian’s turn. He was going to fight Bryan of course.

 

Princess Rosalia wished him good luck with a smile and while he was going down for his match Allena suddenly came up and kissed him on the cheek and wished him good luck and ran away. Adrian stood there for a moment with a finger placed on his cheek, confused then he blushed when he realized what happened. He then looked towards the box Rosalia was in and she looked livid.

 

“Crap, this is going to get uglier as time passes”, he thought but since he had a match he quickly shook it away and descended into the arena, he inconspicuously cast an anti-magic spell on him to prevent Bryan from pulling any tricks.

 

As both Bryan and Adrian entered, everyone cheered for Adrian by which Bryan seemed to be ticked but Adrian could care less whether he liked it or not.

 

They then faced each other and the match began on the referee’s signal.

 

Bryan rushed in with his sword which Adrian easily blocked. Adrian then felt Bryan casting a spell which was easily repelled by the anti-magic spell.

 

Bryan was surprised and before he could do anything else, Adrian started to attack furiously with his sword, not giving Bryan even a moment to rest, truth be told Adrian could have knocked him out easily but he wanted to show off to get the swordsaint’s attention.

 

Bryan could take it and fell  down with his sword out of his hand. He surrendered with Adrian’s sword on his neck. With this Adrian won. The crowd cheered for Adrian joyfully.

 

Even if Bryan wanted to complain about the anti-magic he could cause that would mean he himself was trying to cast a spell. So the whole thing was buried.

 

Adrian smiled and looked at the direction of the swordsaint and saw her looking at him interestingly. “Yes, mission successful”, he thought.

 

Adrian made his way to the stands, he was greeted by both Allena and Rosalia who both congratulated and kissed him on the cheek from both sides, then started pulling him from either side to their seats. Until Adrian shook both of them and ran and sat at the place his classmates were. Kyle and George teased him about his predicament and they and all their classmates as they congratulated him too.

 

Then the matches went on after a break.

 

Adrian’s next opponent was a bulky guy with a huge sword who was easily defeated by out speeding and hitting his neck by knocking him out.

 

Victor and Emily both won their respective matches too.

 

Now it was time for the last two matches of the day. The semifinals.

 

It was already dark so the magic lights were lighted, which filled the arena with enough light to be considered daytime.

 

Adrian and Emily faced each other, the crowd was cheering for Adrian more but Emily got a good number of cheers too for her previous performance.

 

The referee started the match.

 

None of them moved, aware of each other’s potential. After gauging each other’s potential they rushed at each other at the same time.

 

Blow after, each of them attacked and countered. It looked as if the were both equally match.

 

The pressure from both sides were increasing until it was equaled at a certain stage.

 

“Not bad”, they said to each other with a smile.

 

Then Adrian smirked and said, “Ok , time to get serious” and suddenly increased his attack power and speed.

 

“What?”, Emily was confused and was pressured back.

 

Actually Adrian was holding back to see what Emily was truly capable, he did it for no other opponents before Emily, he did this for Emily because he respected her skills so he wanted to see what she was truly capable of.

 

Eventually Emily’s sword fell from her hand and Adrian’s sword was at her neck and she surrendered.

 

The crowd erupted into a cheer, this was today’s best match.

 

After the match suddenly Emily hugged him. He was confused but she whispered to his ear,” I promised myself that I will only marry a man who could beat me and you not only beat me but I also like your swordsmanship style. I will marry no one but you.”

 

“What?”, Adrian exclaimed in shock, what he feared happened but even if knew this was going to happen he couldn’t have done anything as he had to win this tournament.

 

But he was still upset about the situation, now there’s going to be tug of war with the girls.

 

He tried t get out by saying, “But but..”. Before he could say anything she cut hm off by saying, “ I know there are other girls who want you but I am not going to give up, I WILL marry you”.

 

With this she winked and kissed him on the cheek and wished him good luck and told him to win the tournament before leaving .

 

Adrian just stood there at a loss for words, then cursed himself inwardly for getting involved in all this.

 

Both Allena and Rosalia looked angry but they smiled and congratulated him but they muttered to themselves, “That vixen, she comes from another country and tries to steal my man, how dare she?”.

 

Adrian sighed. Meanwhile Victor won his match which meant tomorrow was going to Victor vs Adrian in the finals. Adrian said goodbye to everyone and went to his dormitory to get some rest. Determined to win tomorrow.

32