Chapter 25
993 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note: HEY EVERYONE FROM THIS CHAPTER ONWARDS I AM SHIFTING TO FIRST PERSON POV FOR EASE OF WRITING, I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVINENCES CAUSED.

 

Adrian's POV:

 

I sat at the dinner table along with Alice and my father on the day of my return from the academy.

 

 We were enjoying dinner when suddenly Alice, looked at me and started crying while saying, “Big brother, you are hanging with the two princesses and the Duke’s daughter at the academy aren’t  you? And you are close too aren’t you? You are going to marry one of them and forgot about your sister right? Hauuuuu”.

 

I was flustered, and was bamboozled for a second.

 

Where did she hear this from? And why would I forget about her if I marry one of them? She’s my sister after all.

 

In the game she got close to Victor because of her bad childhood. She had a attached personality because of that.

 

But didn’t I treat her well. I thought she should be able to get over that by now? Or is it because she has feelings for me? Well considering what’s happening around me these days I can’t deny that.

 

While Victor was liked by all 4, he ended with  any of them based on the route the player went, but based on how the girls act around me I think it will  be extremely hard to choose one.

 

Yes my future is that bleak.

 

Meanwhile father was just eating his meal without saying anything, even after witnessing Alice, I wonder what’s going in his head?

 

To calm Alice down and understand the situation I told her, “Alice please calm down, I am never going to forget you, it’s a misunderstanding, you are my precious little sister after all, by the way where did you hear about the girls?”.

 

Alice stopped crying, tears were still at her eyes, she spoke in a teary voice, “ I-I  read it the newspapers, so I know it’s true and big brother is wonderful it’s obvious that vixens were come for you, but you must guard against them, why do you need them when you have your little sister? I will protect you from them, so promise me you won’t leave me”.

 

I felt the points of her words were rather strange , I mean why would I leave my younger sister if I date other girls and something about protecting me sounds ominous, but at that time I felt it was necessary to calm her first.

 

So I said with a smile, “Of course how can I ever leave you? I promise to never leave you” and patted her head, to which she smiled and looked happy.

 

At that time my father spoke, “Ahem son, you should not play with women’s hearts, consider your position and their position and their positions and quicky make a decision”.

 

What? I am not playing with anyone’s hearts, they themselves are clinging to me.

 

“B-But I am not”, I said trying to clear things.

 

“If you say so”, My father said before getting up and leaving the table.

 

Damn he doesn’t believe me, what sin have I committed? Why does everything turn out this way all the time? It’s not my fault. Damn I am really unlucky.

 

How can I choose someone if the others look like they will murder me if I do? And they are all powerful people so obviously  I am scared of them.

 

Fuck, I hate my life.

 

Before going to bed that night Alice insisted on sleeping with me like when we were kids.

 

Of course I declined but then she started crying while rolling on the floor saying things like, “…Huuuuu…I knew it big brother doesn’t care about me anymore….huuuu”.

 

I was defeated and had to accept.

 

This went for everyday of the winter vacation. Well at least when we get to the academy she will have to sleep in the female dormitories.

 

She  also stuck with me all day like glue saying words like, “ WE were apart for so long, I want t make up for that time”.

 

She would start crying if refused , damn I lose to crying all the time, it wasn’t like this before, I surely have become weak hearted.

 

I also handled the territory’s affairs including the ones pending due to my absences. The pending ones were from the new projects I started to increase income.

 

I also asked Adis the head of the intelligence agency about the movement of the demon tribe.

 

He said,” It seems they started moving recently around the capital, word is something is going to happen at the academy next year just as you predicted”.

 

Yes, next year was the demon turning event, I wonder who will turn into a demon now? Bryan’s cronies might not do it since they weren’t as desperate as I was due to my territory’s financial situation.

 

“Oh and just as you asked, we have compiled all documents linking the Lucifer Duchy and the Demon Cult, we can expose them any time”, added Adis.

 

“Good job”, I Thought.

 

Finally everything is in place, I just need the event to happen to provide an unmistakable proof, then with these documents I can destroy both the demon cult and the Lucifer duchy in one fell scoop.

 

The days went by like this and finally the day came for my return to the academy.

 

Of course this time Alice would be travelling with me in the same carriage as she would be attending too from this year.

 

“Good luck both of you”, my father said with a hug to each of us.

 

“Good bye father”, me and Alice said in unison waving from the carriage window as our carriage left the duchy’s mansion towards the academy.

34