Chapter 2: success?
184 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was held in suspense, neither of us exchanged words.

But to my utmost dismay, she turned around and left. My heart sank, the unpaid suspense tearing away at my chest.

So I ran after her, my heart becoming as overworked as an ‘exposure’ type intern.

“Can we go out together?”

“Why do you want to go out with me?”

“For my heart tells me so!~”

Her straight stare pierced my heart.

“you look like a child”

I felt stumped, at that moment what could I say to disprove her?

“I don’t even know your name” she stated, her head turned to an angle i could not see

“My name is Morine Sumiko, and I am not a child!”

(author's note: first name Sumiko, last name Morine. It is sort of like for those unfamiliar with it)

"Muranaka Chiyo…"

I have a feeling that she only said that out of formalities 

“If I show you my birth certificate, will you be my girlfriend?” I launched another proposal hastily. 

She grumbled, but in no instance did she say no…

(Author's note: time skip~)

A week passed by, and I followed the blond beauty around the clock. Or at least whenever I could. 

I got to know her better, surprisingly we were in the same class, and what was even better was that we were seated in the back row. The only thing between us was Shinju. 

“Sumiko…”

Shinju’s barely audible whisper brought me back to reality. 

“Are you thinking about her again?”

“How did you know?”

“You…”

“You’ve walked into a ditch.”

I looked down, and sure enough, I was in a ditch.

I hoisted myself up from the somewhat wet predicament. While Dusting my skirt, I found that I had scratched myself .

Oh well.

"Has it been working with her?"

"We are on a first name basis now?...”

“Both of you?”

"Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the case"

I paused to take a breath 

"But she doesn't seem to like it”

I could feel shinju’s unease from a mile away. 

“But…”

“*Shinju noises* just don’t hurt yourself”

I sighed, giving Shinju a short hug. 

“It will work.”

Shinju turned her head towards me, her barely visible but big eyes remaining doubtful and full of paranoia.

“One of my cousins passed the other day when he tried courting someone’s daughter and fell into a trap…”

Shinju looked at me as if something were stuck in her heart, and she started to fidget making weird noises. 

Out of the blue, she turned pale her eyes fixated on something 

My eyes darted to where she was looking…

"What's wrong? It's just a cut."

" *Shocked Shinju noises* It's a cut! You;re going to get a nasty infection if you don’t tend to it immediately"

I eventually did give in, using ice magic to apply ice

Shinju protested but she gave in too

The school bell rang, my socks were soaking wet. I stumbled my way into the toilet. It was a peculiarly strange day today. Shinju left the class midway through to get some bread. Somehow the air felt tense, even Chiyo couldn't sit still today. Shinju didn't even return.

Chiyo left the class in a hurry. A quiet back alley-like place, it was dark like a cave. 

“I have gotten my birth certificate!” I shouted with glee. She turned to me, her cold gaze unwavering, she fiddled with her fingers. I could hear my heartbeat, will she believe 

“He-”

“Tada!”

I said as i pulled my birth certificate out of one of my files admittedly rather haphazardly

“Ow-”

I accidentally got a paper cut from my birth certificate

Chiyo’s breath drew heavier, she started to fiddle with her fingernails. She took off her jacket partially. 

My heart stopped as she loomed before me. I blinked repeatedly trying to gather my thoughts once more.

Behind her sprouted 

Wings. Huge. they were the size of me. I stared at her as I stood still as a rock, so did she.

Through her opened mouth, I saw sharper teeth. 

I opened my mouth to speak. 

“So… would you like to g-”

She lunged at me

Chiyou pinned me to the ground painting, I couldn't process anything. Her wings covered me from the sun’s bright glistening light. 

Her head dipped down

I felt her cold lips on my shoulder

I felt lightheaded

My eyes grew heavy

But before i went out i asked her once more

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

er, the art isn't ready yet, so... 

Main focus:chiyo

Incomplete drawing at the side: sumiko(protagonist)

I'll post the art i have been holding onto for ages in the next non chapter

basically an art dump

haha... also i have an exam soon 

 

9