140. A Pleasant Surprise
264 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Omen: 2, 15

Lanarot played with wooden blocks, picking them up in her grip, before dropping them and giggling in joy.

Adam was writing down some recipes in his book when an Iyrman knocked on the door, causing the baby to turn her head to look towards it.

“Yes?” Adam called.

Elder Zijin peeked in through the window. “Good afternoon, Adam,” he said. “You have a guest.”

“I have a guest?” Adam asked, furrowing his brows. He blinked his eyes. “Who is it?”

“She has said she is a friend of yours.” Elder Zijin’s lips formed into a cheeky smile, one which was knowing, but did not reveal his secrets.

“A friend…” Adam wondered who it could be.

He picked up Lanarot, since he was looking after her alone, and followed Elder Zijin out, making his way through the Main Iyr. Elder Zijin straightened at the appearance of the baby, no longer as cheerful and coy as he usually was. They veered to the side, heading towards a familiar estate, the estate of the current Chief.

“Adam?” Sonarot called from the side, and Adam glanced over at her to see her walking towards him. “Is something wrong?”

“Apparently a friend of mine has come,” Adam said, handing the baby to her mother.

There were the Great Elders, all of whom were standing around the gazebo, and the Chief, who sat ahead, and another figure at one side.

Her eyes were slightly slanted, with an emerald shimmer. Her nose was thin and straight, going down like an arrow tip, and her lips were even thinner. Elongated ears jut out the side of her head straight upwards, though was pointed like a leaf. Her hair was long, like liquid copper that fell down to her shoulders. An unnatural beauty that Adam had seen a few times before.

“Oh,” Adam said. “Hey, Entalia.” Adam smiled. “What a pleasant surprise.”

Entalia’s eyes quickly scanned Adam, Elder Zijin, Sonarot, and Lanarot. When her gaze passed Lanarot, there was a tense moment she could feel from the other Iyrmen, and she picked up her cup of tea to sip it, trying to calm them down.

“It’s good to see you too,” she said. “These Iyrmen are rather eager for a fight.” She could smell something wonderful nearby.

“We are Iyrmen,” the Chief said.

“You won’t let them kill me, will you?” Entalia asked, fluttering her lashes at Adam.

“I won’t,” Adam said, taking a seat opposite Entalia, shuffling over to let Sonarot sit beside him. “As long as you don’t start trouble.”

“Trouble? Me?”

“You did come from the sky and circled around the Front Iyr,” Chief Iromin said. “You are fortunate that Elder Lykan knew of your connection to Adam, otherwise you would have been slain.”

“Entalia,” Adam grumbled, almost palming his face. “Next time just walk through the front.”

“I was in a little rush,” Entalia said. “Though I’ll keep that in mind.”

“Next time we won’t be so accommodating,” the Chief said.

“Or we will be too accommodating,” Elder Wrath said, grinning wide. He reached down to pat his axe, which was eager for blood.

Elder Peace threw him a quick look, causing Elder Wrath to pull back, exhaling through his nostrils in defeat.

“I brought the gems,” Entalia said, smiling up at the Half Elf.

“Gems?” Adam asked, tilting his head. ‘Why did she bring gems for me?’

“For the magical weapons you owe me,” Entalia said.

“I only owe you one,” Adam said, narrowing his eyes. “I believe you said you were bringing a sword made of… somethingcule?”

“Rubicule,” Entalia said. “Though, are you really going to be so cheap? I helped the nearby village, didn’t I?”

“Still,” Adam replied. “It’s been a while, Entalia. How come you only just arrived at the Iyr?”

“I wasn’t looking forward to meeting the Deathsingers,” she said, ignoring the gazes of the Great Elders upon her, remaining focused on Adam. “Did you forget what you tasked me with? The important business?”

“I remember,” Adam said. “Did you tell them?”

“The Giants were so mean,” Entalia pouted. “They tried to attack me so many times! I barely managed to escape with my life.”

“Are you okay?” Adam asked, raising his brows in surprise. He hadn’t expected her to have fought the Giants. ‘Damn.’

“I’m fine but…” Entalia took a long sip of the tea and sighed. “I had to sacrifice something important to me.”

Adam’s face furrowed into surprise. “What?”

“That beautiful greatsword,” Entalia sniffled.

“Prince Aksak’s greatsword?” Adam asked.

“Well, it was my greatsword at the time.”

Adam narrowed his eyes. “Right, right. Well, let me introduce you to everyone, rather than continuing our own conversation.” Adam glanced to the Great Elders and the Chief, feeling awkward that they had a small conversation without greetings.

“I know who they are,” Entalia said, sniffing them. “They are the sons and daughters of those who slew my ancestors.”

Adam blinked. ‘Oh.’ He swallowed, trying to figure out what to say. “Oh.”

Her eyes then flashed to the woman and the child.

“This is Aunt Sonarot and my adorable baby sister,” Adam said. “Aunt Sonarot, Lanarot, this is Entalia, my friend.”

Lanarot was staring at Entalia, who held unworldly beauty. She smiled and squirmed in her mother’s grasp for a moment.

“Isn’t she so cute?” Adam asked, smiling wide.

“She is quite the young one,” Entalia said.

“She turned seven months old yesterday, actually,” Adam said, puffing out his chest.

The Chief narrowed his eyes, glancing over to Sonarot for a moment. ‘Is this what I think I am seeing?’

Sonarot replied with a smile for a moment, before looking to Entalia again. “I have heard so much about you.”

“I’ve heard a little about you too,” Entalia replied. “The one who welcomed Adam into their family, and I assume it happened again this time too.”

Sonarot smiled. “Adam is quite the Nephew. He is already so powerful, and he is so kind.”

“He’s not so bad,” Entalia said, staring into the woman’s eyes.

Sonarot remained silent for only a moment. “I hope you will invite me to the wedding.”

Adam spat out the tea, choking on his shock, before wiping his face and nose with his sleeve, looking to his Aunt.

Entalia’s lips twitched. “I definitely will.”

Adam’s eyes were full of confusion, before he cleared his throat. “So, uh, did you tell them?”

“I did,” Entalia said.

“That’s good. I had someone else pass along a message too, just in case.”

“Cheating on me already?” Entalia tutted at him.

“Anyway,” Adam said, rolling his eyes, trying to keep cool. “You said you wanted me to enchant a weapon? What did you want?”

“You really won’t enchant two, even though I saved that village?” Entalia asked, crossing her arms.

“Fine,” Adam said, crossing his arms. “I’ll enchant two, since you did so well.”

Entalia smiled wide as he gave in. “I’m glad you saw sense.” She glanced at the Chief. “Can I take them out?”

“You may,” the Chief said, nodding his head.

Entalia could feel just how on edge they were, and noted that there were the Great Chiefs, the Chief, an Elder, as well as six Priests who were watching from nearby.

She revealed two blades made of gem, one made of a red gem, and another made of blue gem, placing them on the table.

The Iyrmen were all tense, as the blades were dangerously close to the babbling baby.

The Chief stared at Sonarot, wondering why she was making it difficult, but she didn’t seem to mind as she placed Lanarot down on the table, holding her hands. Lanarot turned around to look at the swords, seeing the beautiful red and blue coloured blades.

“So that’s Rubicule and Sapphicule?”

“Yes,” Entalia said, sliding the swords away from the baby, who was no doubt going to try and reach for them. “Careful now, little baby. These are sharp and could hurt you, and if you cut yourself, I may end up with my head hanging over your fireplace.”

Lanarot giggled, causing Entalia to frown.

‘She didn’t understand me, did she?’ Entalia wondered, hoping that it was just an ill timed giggle and not a bad omen.

Adam reached over to the blades and picked them up, feeling how cool they were, before they quickly warmed up in his hands. He could feel their innate magic within them, and he smiled.

“Awoo?” Lanarot babbled as she tried to lean over to the side to try and reach for one of the weapons.

Sonarot pulled the baby off the table and onto her lap, causing Lanarot to shudder into a cry, but she stopped as Sonarot kissed her forehead and pinched her cheeks gently.

“You cannot play with them yet, little Lana," her mother said. "You have your own axe that you can play with when you are older.”

“Aboo!” Lanarot protested.

 


https:%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FFQtLDMi.png

Click banner for Patreon and come join my Discord too!


Entalia appears!

Seriously, Lana. Why are babies always trying to get themselves killed?

Shout out to everyone in the comments who corrected all my stuff. I really appreciate it!

13