Chapter 25
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The morning was spent in bed. Sadik made love to Nikola one more time, and then they showered, together. Now that Nikola had nothing against the idea of sex, Sadik was having a blast.

He knew he couldn’t push it, though. The bed was the only place where he could take Nikola. Maybe the living room couch, when Nikola finally felt more adventurous. But the kitchen table would be off limits. Which was a pity. It was a sturdy table.

Nikola was obvious to Sadik’s thoughts as he dressed into his old clothes. Just like Sadik, he didn’t put on his underwear. Although, he had been more embarrassed by the fact that the Turk.

Upon getting dressed, he had mumbled something Sadik couldn’t quite catch and all but ran back to his house. Sadik regraded the fact that he hadn’t locked his door. Then, Nikola would have had to linger.

There was no food in Sadik’s house, only blood. Food had reminded him of Nikola and he, one to wallow in self-pity after a break-up, had given it all away to the mosque’s soup kitchen.

But now, he knew he wanted to have breakfast with Nikola. Something special. Nevertheless, he had no time to go to the supermarket. So, he checked the restaurants in town which were open at eight in the morning and picked an Italian one that made mini pizza.

He got two boxes, since they sold them four by four, and had the delivery man deliver them to his house. After paying, he went across the street to Nikola’s house and knocked on the door.

Nikola opened the door, now in a T-shirt and shorts, and Sadik was pleasantly surprised that they were tight-fitting.

“You left the sweaters?” Sadik was admiring Nikola’s form. He had seen the man naked, true, but the clothes made him look delicate.

“It is June. It is too warm for a sweater,” Nikola stepped aside so Sadik could enter.

“I bring breakfast,” Sadik bounced the boxes with the mini pizza lightly and Nikola nodded.

“I was just making a fruit salad. Yours is done,” so, they had both thought about supplying breakfast. Sadik grinned.

“We can’t let any food go to waste. We will eat the salad and the pizza now,” Sadik made his way to the kitchen, Nikola following. He saw peach and apple in a bowl with powdered sugar on top. He saw another bowl, a half-full one, that had much the same, bar the sugar.

Sadik placed the boxes on the kitchen counter and took out two plates as Nikola finished making the last salad.

“We can eat outside. The table has been out since about twenty days,” Sadik nodded. Eating while being surrounded by Nikola’s roses sounded nice.

“I should get a table on my front porch too. Then, we can eat outside at my place,” mused Sadik. He didn’t have such a table, but, he supposed, he could ask the housekeeper to get him one.

“That sounds lovely,” Nikola picked the fruit salad bowls as Sadik picked the plates with pizza. It was a simple pizza with olives, tomatoes, and ham. And mozzarella. Gently melted one that covered each small pizza.

They went outside and placed the food on the table. A jogger went pass them and waved at Nikola. Nikola waved back.

“It is good that Albert is trying to get in shape,” commented Nikola as the slightly chubby man passed them by.

“I haven’t seen him before. Is he new?” Sadik watched as the man turned a corner and disappeared.

“Moved in ten days ago. He rents at Roshni,” Sadik nodded. Roshni had not told him anything, but, then again, that was the man’s business. A car stopped before Sadik’s house and a ginger man got out of it.

“Well, I’ll be damned. Abraxas! Over here!” Yelled Sadik and the ginger turned around. He made his way towards them, slowly. He stopped at the porch stairs and stared at Nikola.

“I thought you said things fell through?” Abraxas looked amused, and that made Nikola uncomfortable. Sadik turned to Nikola.

“This is Abraxas Rolans. The man who took my money without saying anything,” Sadik turned back to the other vampire. “Abraxas, what are you doing here?”

“I came to ask a favor. Can we go somewhere private?” Sadik nodded and, after sending a sheepish look to Nikola, got up.

“Does he know that you had people killed for him?” Asked Abraxas when they entered Sadik’s house.

“No, and it stays that way,” Sadik said with a frown. Abraxas nodded.

“Well, I am happy you got back together with your pet,” Sadik huffed.

“Lover, not pet,” he hissed, and Abraxas smiled.

“You changed, Sadik. I am glad you treat this one like he deserves,” Sadik ignored the implications. He had given Abraxas everything the man had wanted. So, he didn’t rise to the bait.

“What is the favor?” Abraxas pulled out a sheet of paper and showed it to Sadik.

“I am being followed. I don’t know by whom, but they left me this. Tacky, no?” We know. Was written on a note. Sadik quirked an eyebrow.

“So, why don’t you go to the police? Or Zekerie? You know he would help. You gave him immortality, after all?” Abraxas looked almost afraid.

“That was left in my private cache. Do you think Zekerie can track whoever managed to get in? The police will be useless. Mind if I stay with you? Until things clear?” Sadik has never seen Abraxas shaken, before. So, he agreed.

“You can take the house. Granted, most nights, if not all, in case I am lucky, I will be at Niki’s,” Abraxas didn’t sound reassured.

“I don’t need a hotel room. I require protection, Sadik. Surely, you can keep it in your pants until you find who did this?” Abraxas waved the note and Sadik frowned.

“Just play nice with Nikola,” Sadik send a warning look at Abraxas, and the man placed a hand on his heart.

“I will be on my best behavior, sire. The two of you won’t notice I am there,” promised Abraxas. Somehow, Sadik wasn’t convinced.   

2