Chapter 64
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 They went home after that. Eric greeted them and waved a sheet of paper in the air. There was something drawn on it, but, Sadik couldn’t make it out from the doorway.

Emmy, the babysitter, waved as well, then, her nose become stuck in her phone again. Sadik and Nikola went in the kitchen and busied themselves with preparing some snacks.

They made party bites and carried them to the living room.

“Oh, these look great,” said Emmy when she was offered a plate. She placed her phone on the coffee table and began to eat. Eric was soon munching with her, and Nikola tugged Sadik back to the kitchen.

“We can’t stay here,” he said, and Sadik frowned. Where else were they going to go? “I don’t feel like I used to, in the church. I feel only fear.”

Sadik nodded. Well, if they needed to move, then, fine. It wasn’t the first time he uprooted himself.

“Where do you want us to go to?” Where could they feel safe? From the angels, from Satan? Did such a place really exist?

“Purgatory. Let me explain,” Sadik nodded, although he disliked the idea. “We can go there and take Eric with us. I can materialize the door to that plane. I just need him to step through it.”

That meant that they had to give up on having a daughter, Sadik thought. But, it was better to have one healthy child that could grow in safety, than to have two and to fear that they would both die.

“We must go as soon as possible,” begged Nikola. Sadik went and embraced him.

“I’ll go get the champ,” Sadik kissed Nikola’s neck and held him for a second more. Then, he let go and went downstairs. Emmy had just finished her plate and Eric was finishing his party bite sandwich when Sadik came to them.

“Emmy, you can have the rest of today off. And also, you don’t have to come tomorrow. The entire family is going on a trip,” Emmy nodded.

“Thanks, Mister Selim. I could use the time to study. Have a pleasant trip,” She finished cleaning her hands on a napkin and picked up her bag and phone. “If you need a babysitter in the future, call me.”

Sadik nodded. They wouldn’t. Both he and Nikola would be there with Eric in Purgatory. The boy was going to get all the attention he could get, and then some.

She went and kissed Eric on the forehead and then extended her hand to him. Eric kissed the knuckles.

“My lady, I bid you a good day,” said Eric in his best posh voice, then, he giggled.

“I’ll miss you, munchkin,” she said and then waved at Sadik and left. Eric looked at Sadik with his big brown eyes and smiled brightly.

“Where are we going, dad? Hawaii?” Sadik smiled.

“How do you feel about ski?” Eric beamed at him. It was still March, so it wasn't current for someone to go skiing in the mountains.

“I need to pack!” Sadik went and picked the boy up.

“First, we go to your papa. He has to show you something,” Eric smiled and Sadik carried him back to the kitchen. There, on the wall, was a door that hadn’t been there before.

“Dad, where did that come from?” Asked Eric and Sadik hugged him tighter.

“Lamb, are you certain that he wouldn’t…” the thought that Eric could die upon going to Purgatory and then go to Heaven, out of their reach, hadn’t given Sadik any rest. Eric was a human. His place was not in Purgatory.

“I make the rules there. I added Eric as an exception,” Sadik nodded and Nikola opened the door and held it open. Eric’s eyes widened.

“Where did the snow come from?” He gasped and reached out a hand to catch an errand snowflake.

“Let us go,” Said Nikola, and Sadik stepped through. He didn’t feel cold, despite the land being decked in snow. He placed Eric down and the boy began to make a snowball. Then, he began to roll it in the snow. Clearly wanting to make a snowman.

“Dad, will you help?” Asked Eric and Sadik looked as Nikola got through the door and locked it. Then, the door disappeared. Sadik would miss the sauna and the pool. Then, Nikola snapped his fingers and their house materialist itself. Down to the last detail. There was even grass in the front yard.

The snow was not touching it, and it stood out in the winter wonderland. Sadik grinned.

“Thanks,” he said as Eric stared at the house. Then, the boy shrugged.

“I gave us as much land as there is in the states,” said Nikola. Sadik supposed that was a good thing. He didn’t want Eric to meet other creatures of the night. Knowing full well that they wouldn’t all be friendly.

“It is beautiful in here. But, we are not dressed for the season,” Sadik stared at his dress pants. The edges were getting wet from the snow. Nikola went and picked up Eric, who pouted.

“We will make as many snowmen as you want, kiddo. However, later. We need to dress up, and I have to rest,” Sadik supposed that it must have taken quite a bit out of Nikola to have passengers come here. “Sadik, I warded the place. No more angels, no more Satan.”

Sadik grinned. Cutting their ties from both was nice.

“Did you take away some land from the people who are here?” He asked. They needed a way to defend themselves. And, Nikola had already given his powers to Satan.

“I took back what was mine. Considering I did so without a struggle, I think Satan didn’t mind,” or, he was playing a trick. But, they were out of the being’s reach. They had nothing to fear anymore.

“We can finally live peacefully, then?” Asked Sadik, and Nikola grinned.

“We have no one to marry us now,” Sadik shrugged. He had given Nikola a ring, and the man was wearing it even now. This was as good as.

0