Chapter 1: no fall damage skip? wait, not available? sorry!
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
sorry I'm late on chapters, I've got a lot of my life to get through, although I am learning to create a 2d roguelike (although I want to create a top-down turn-based game, this seems best for my fledgling skills) which will generally just include a gimmick like a single ability that you use to solve puzzles that you swap out after a set amount of movements.

Elin woke up to cold wind blasting into her face, she opened her eyes.

"What is this?" Elin said as she took in the fast-approaching ground.

She put her arms in front of her just as she was about to hit the ground, and then she didn't feel the momentum anymore.

Then the ground started to move away from her and then she felt a tugging sensation, before finding herself in a sitting position above the ground...

"What the-" Elin started, before being interrupted

"Please no cursing," the voice interrupted.

Elin turned herself around and was forced to propellor her arms to turn around towards the woman covered in vine-like hair, and eyes that led into a small waterfall off her body, her body seemed to be like how Elin expected Gaia to be like.

"Who are you?" Elin asked.

"I wouldn't be found in history here, because they have taken the one thing I represented, but I am, or once was, known as Gea," the woman now named Gea said.

"As this isn't a hospital, I'm going to assume I'm dead?" Elin asked.

"No, in fact I don't know, I just received you from Gaia, the god that taught me most of the things that I know. who is trying to help me against them, but that is not the concern of you right now, I am here to help you with your journey," Gea said.

"What's the difference between Gaia and Gea?" Elin asked herself.

Gea stared at Elin for a moment...

"Don't joke like that," Gea finally said, "also what race do you want, quickly!"

"What?"

"Do you know how hard it is to hold a single moment in time, choose a race!" Gea cried

"What are my options!?" Elin cried back.

"just say something and I'll try to make something for it," Gea said.

"Cat,"

"Alright, class?"

"wait, I don't want to be a ca-"

"Just choose a class from what you can remember!" Gea pleaded

"Wizard, Rogue, A mix!?" Elin cried in panic

And then all the erratic screaming stopped as Elin resumed falling to the ground...

just kidding it resumed tenfold

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH" Elin cried as she neared the ground at breakneck speed, bounced like she had hit a bouncy barricade, and landed on the ground in a pained heap.

after the impact, instead of screaming, there were instead groans of pain.

and then she blacked out...

 

2