Volume 2 Chapter 3: Part 2: Fight!
318 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Volume 2 Chapter 3: Part 2: Fight!

 

"Huh?" Lucia and the rest look at Oliver in confusion. The match is about to get more interesting? How? They look down to see Onyx continuing to dodge Galven's wind arrows.

 

This match is too one-sided. 

 

"Trust this guild master here. And besides, it seems Galven figured it out now. Look."

 

They turn over and notice Galven's expression. That cocky expression is nowhere to be found. Now, it's dark. What's more, he's sweating like a mad man!

 

On the other side, Onyx is as calm as ice!

 

What is happening to him? The change in expression is too surprising. Galven is still on the offensive and firing wind arrows. So why is he sweating so much?

 

What is going on? Having the same thought as the rest, Galven curses in his mind. He can't believe it. 

 

Everyone thought he had the upper hand in this fight. But it's the exact opposite!

 

Just get hit already! Frustration. Pure frustration is plastered on Galven's face as he continues to fire the wind arrows. 

 

"You guys think about it for a bit. Have the wind arrows ever hit Onyx?" Oliver gave them a hint. 

 

"!" Lucia and the rest's expressions shot up. Now that he mentioned it. Never once did Galven's arrow land on Onyx. 

 

The crowd is so focused on the wind magic that they haven't noticed how Onyx wasn't getting hit by them. 

 

The people who realized this first are Oliver. Then Stewart and Lyle afterward. 

 

Now them. 

 

Finally, it's Galven's turn to notice it too. 

 

"Are you done?" With how much Galven fires, Onyx looks at him with pity and boredom. 

 

Snap!

 

That triggers Galven. He screams out, "I had it with you." Enough games! It was supposed to go all according to his plan. The brat gets humiliated by me, and I get to B-rank!

 

That's what's supposed to happen. But the one getting humiliated instead is himself. And what's more, Galven looks at Onyx's eyes. Those eyes are saying he's just another loser. 

 

I'll show you who the loser is! 

 

"I call thee o wind-" Galven starts chanting. No more games. He wanted to toy with Onyx more. But he's the one getting played by Onyx. 

 

He's ready to end Onyx! And the crowd realizes it too. Their expression pales, realizing what he was trying to do!

 

"We have to call off this fight now! Galven is going to kill him!" Etta screams out. She can tell Galven is chanting a high-tier magic!

 

Madelyn turns to Oliver, "Guild master, stop this match at once. We can't let the boy die." Realizing the severity, only Oliver would be able to stop it. 

 

"As long as Onyx isn't calling the match off, I'm not going to stop this sparring." To be honest, this isn't a sparring or practice match. The moment Galven used his wind magic, it was already overkill for a spar. 

 

Hearing that, the others began to worry about Onyx. The only two who aren't worrying are Stewart and Lyle. They stay silent as they continue to focus on the match. 

 

"It's a pity." Oliver sighs. 

 

"Are you really going to let him die!" Madelyn screams out in anger. Hearing Oliver's words enraged her. 

 

"Of course not. Galven isn't going to die. Well, I don't think so."

 

"Thank goo-" Wait, Galven? Shouldn't he be saying Onyx instead? Before they can think about what he said, 

 

"Hahaha! Take this, you self-center bastard! Wind slicer!" Galven maniacally laughs as he says this. Tons of blades of wind fly towards Onyx!

 

They're sharper and faster than the arrows Galven fired before! One of the blades comes close to Onyx and slices a part of his sleeve!

 

"Are you struck by fear that you can't even move at all!" Galven continues to laugh at Onyx. Onyx continued to stand there as the wind blades came at him!

 

But then, 

 

"Pathetic." Those are the only words Onyx says as he makes his move. But what he does shocks the crowd! He sheathed his sword and started walking towards Galven!

 

"Is he crazy?! What is he doing?!" Reynold screams out as he watches Onyx's action. His move is essentially a suicide move!

 

"Well, this game of cat and mouse is over," Oliver says, causing the rest to look at him, asking him to elaborate.

 

He explains, "Have you ever seen a cat catching a mouse? There's no excitement and only boredom. The cat will toy with the mouse before finishing it off.

 

That's what Onyx is doing right now. Just look at his expression." The look on his face isn't anxious, worried, or even cautious. It's just blank. 

 

"And look at those wind slicers; they're not even touching him." Oliver grins as he watches Onyx. He continues to get closer to Galven, dodging all the blades. 

 

Damn, you created a monster. 

 

Compared to the excited look Oliver has, Galven is the opposite. His expression is full of despair. How is this possible?! That's one of his most powerful attacks!

 

And yet it's treated as nothing more than air! Galven couldn't believe it. 

 

But he has to.  

 

Because Onyx is before his face! Before he even has a chance to comprehend what happened, he gets a kick right into his solar plexus!

 

"UgghhH!" Galven's face turns into something unspeakable as he drops to the ground! All the wind blades around him disappeared in an instant. 

 

"..." The crowd can't believe what they witnessed. The newbie made Galven take a knee with a single blow!

 

"As I said, Onyx never thought of Galven as an opponent. He was just another prey for him." The moment Galven's magic didn't hit Onyx, Galven should have gone all out rather than let his pride swell up.

 

"NO!" As they look back down, Galven's wheezing as he gets up while stumbling a bit. And then he summons more wind blades to take Onyx down. But they're much slower and weaker compared to before. 

 

Onyx dodges them and kicks Galven again. This time in his face. But then, he doesn't touch him anymore. He waited for him to get back up to attack him again!

 

"He's probably not going all out as well." Dammit! Why can't I fight him?! I could have put up a fight! Lyle says as he continues to stare down at Onyx. 

 

"Of course, he's not. Onyx didn't even use his sword once." In the beginning, Onyx was only holding his sword up. It was just decoration as he dodges the attack with his body. 

 

"You've lost." Back to the match, it's just one-sided. Galven's on the ground with bruises covering all his body, while Onyx is spotless.

 

"You uughhh bastard gwaahh." Galven wanted to call him a bastard. But Onyx kicks him in the mouth, breaking some of his teeth. What's more, he feels like he's going to throw up. 

 

Onyx just shakes his head and turns away from him. The spar is over. 

 

For Onyx, at least. 

 

Because Onyx has his back toward him, he doesn't see Galven making an evil grin. 

 

Turning your back is the biggest mistake of your life! 

 

The referee never ended the match! Galven uses all his strength to get off the ground and takes out his sword. He charges toward Onyx, ready to kill!

 

"Onyx, watch out behind you!" Lucia screams out! The crowd didn't expect Galven to pull such a dirty move onto Onyx!

 

But they didn't need to say anything to Onyx because he sidesteps the sword and then, 

 

"You should have stopped when you had the chance." He punches him right in the face again! 

 

Even with his back turned, Onyx can feel a prickly feeling coming from Galven. He knew the guy won't go down even after Onyx did all that. 

 

"W-winner Onyx!" The referee shouts out. With that punch, Galven is out like a light. The handsome face he had before is nowhere to be found. His nose is bleeding, and his eyes are all white. 

 

But for everyone else,

 

"Kya! Handsome, look at me!"

 

"No! Come to me instead! I'll show you a great time tonight!"

 

"Don't even think about going near him, you gorilla! Do you want to destroy the pretty boy!"

 

"Doesn't this mean the boy is a C-rank adventurer?"

 

"No, he may even be a B-rank!"

 

More and more cheers and comments came towards Onyx. Stewart smiles, "We shouldn't have worried after all." Who was Onyx? He was the person who took out those blood kongs with ease. What's more: he went into the depth of the forest of death. 

 

That is already enough to show he's stronger than an ordinary adventurer.

 

On the other side, Lyle is grinning ear to ear as he stares at Onyx. Finally, someone strong. 

 

I wanna fight! I wanna fight! I wanna fight! 

 

But he isn't the only person eager to fight with Onyx. Because the next second, Onyx quickly jumps to the side. What came down in his original position is a halberd!

 

It slams into the ground, causing cracks as it sticks deep into it. 

 

Onyx has a light smile, "What's the big idea, guild master?" The person who came out swinging was none other than Oliver! 

 

"Guild master, when did you get down there?!"

 

"Dammit, old man! You beat me to it!"

 

"When did the old man bring out the halberd?!"

 

You can hear the shouting from the crowd as they never expect Oliver to jump in like that.

 

"Who called me old?! Get down here so I can beat your ass!" Oliver's face twitches as he glares at the stands. 

 

"Guild master," Onyx says, getting his attention back. 

 

"Oh, sorry about that. But I'll remember this, Lyle. Reynold, you're getting a beat down from me later!"

 

"Wait! How does he know it's me?!" "That is not my fault!" You can hear the grieving voices coming from the stands. 

 

"Anyways, how about it, Onyx? Do you want to spar with me?"

 

"..." The moment he says this, what comes after is absolute silence. A spar with the guild master? Who was he? He's one of the members of the legendary party. 

 

Even Onyx's heart skipped a beat when he heard that. But then a smile forms, "Let's go!"

 

Somebody on his teacher's level wanted to spar with him? Who wouldn't be excited by this?

 

"Alright then!" Oliver makes the biggest grin of his life. It's been a long time since he had a fight. After becoming the guild master, he got stuck on desk duty. Fighting and adventuring turned into management and paperwork. 

 

He would train. But it wasn't the same as a real fight. His usual nickname of fighting berserker was slowly losing its edge. 

 

But not today. Just watching the fight between Galven and Onyx ignited his fighting spirit.

 

It's all because of Onyx. The fight made him feel something. 

 

The desire to fight. Oliver wanted to see his full strength. 

 

The two are ready to go. There's no need for the referee to start it. Actually, the referee got blown away by Oliver's smash. 

 

The voices shouting from outside are drowned out as they focus on the other, and then,

 

Onyx makes the first move! He quickly dashes towards Oliver, unsheathing his sword!

 

The first strike will decide everything. Onyx would be a fool not to take this seriously. Going by the weapon, he would be slower than me. Oliver's halberd is much longer and heavier than his sword. 

 

That's Onyx's mindset. He jumps up into the air. But Oliver quickly raises his halberd up, and they clash! The shock from the blow causes Oliver to sink to the ground. 

 

What power. Oliver grins even more as he says, "But this is not enough!" He blasted Onyx off of him like a rag doll!

 

"Woah!" Onyx goes flying. But he quickly positions his body to land on his legs. 

 

His eyes go wide as he stares at Oliver. What was that?! He couldn't believe the amount of force he used. His shaking arms are proof of how strong Oliver was. 

 

He's stronger than teacher. That's the first thing Onyx realizes. 

 

"You should stop spacing out in the middle of our fight." Oliver rushes up to him with his halberd raised, ready to smash it onto Onyx.

 

Bang!

 

But Onyx isn't a fool. He quickly rolls away from the attack and launches one of his own. His legs. Onyx slices at Oliver's legs. 

 

"Don't even think about it, brat." Posting his halberd, Oliver lifts up his body from the ground, dodging the leg swipe. But that's what Onyx wanted!

 

Onyx quickly kicks the halberd, making Oliver drop to the ground! Not letting this chance get away, Onyx stabs toward him! Oliver uses the same move as Onyx and rolls out of his range. 

 

The two stare at each other. Onyx knows he will lose in a head-on rush. I need to surprise him with something. He has to think of something to catch Oliver off guard. 

 

Onyx charges toward Oliver again. But as he charges in, he kicks the unconscious Galven towards him!

 

"Heh." Oliver doesn't even think about it as he smacks the body away like a fly! Galven's body went flying into the wall.

 

Is he dead? Everybody thought, seeing his body indented into the wall like a nail. But they can't worry about him as;

 

Shing!

 

Onyx's sword and Oliver's halberd clash, making a resonating sound throughout the stadium!

 

"Wasn't that a little too evil in using Galven like that?" Oliver pushes Onyx. 

 

But the latter pushes back.

 

"He was in my way." Onyx used Galven as a decoy. But it seems it's ineffective. 

 

As the two blades clash, Onyx tilts his sword and brings both weapons down. It was a stalemate not until Oliver blew him again. 

 

That's all Onyx could do. 

 

It's numb. Onyx looks down to see his arm shaking, unable to move. The handful of times he clashed with Oliver's halberd is enough to make his arm like this. 

 

And it isn't the end as Oliver readies his halberd, ready to take him out until,

 

"That's enough!"


For Extra Chapters, check out my Patreon ^^

8