Chapter 7
794 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I managed to squeeze another chap.

 

Ah, I ushed to know a demon foxsh alsho. She wash a beauty. Shadly she disshapeared one night.  <--I gave up with writing here, my brain gave up.

 

Bruh~~

The moment I opened the front door to leave the mansion I saw them.

The guards. There were about thirty of them.

“It’s the demon fox! Everyone get ready to capture her!”

‘Capture me!? I have to get away from here.’ Was the only thought I could get, before a giant lightning bolt struck me from the sky. Since it was a lightning bolt, it somehow didn’t kill me, just incapacitated me and I fell on the ground face-first.

“Hold!” The leader shouted. I moved my head with all my strength slightly to see who it was, only to see that it was the same man that checked our carriage during the entry. The one who had the estoc.

“What did you do to the housemasters?” He asked me in crude demonic.

“Hehe…” I laughed.

“I killed them.” I looked him in the eyes and smiled mockingly.

I could see that he flared up and calmed down just as quickly.

“You five!” He pointed at a random group of guards.

“Yes!”

“Go to the guard station with this fox, make sure she is locked in every possible way. Max security. I will not allow failure!”

When they came over, I looked each one of them in the eyes and they shuddered.

“Sir, are you sure she is incapacitated right now?”

“Of course I am, you fools! Now search her for any hidden weapons and throw her in the cell!” He shouted at them and then turned at the others.

“What are you all standing here for!? You ten, come with me, and the rest seal off the perimeter around the mansion!” He instructed.

Whilst I still couldn’t move, two out of the five guards came closer and patted me down for weapons. When one of them reached my thighs, he felt the weapons and jumped back.

“She has weapons under the skirt. Most likely daggers because they are hidden. You take them whilst I keep a check on her.”

“Sure, whatever.” The other easily agreed.

He looked under my skirt to see the weapons.

“Yeah, guess you’re right. There are five daggers of good quality. Still unused though?”

He took them and walked away, other two guards took me and dragged me into a cage that was mounted onto a simple carriage. When they wanted to throw me into the cage, horses started going wild.

‘What sort of existence am I?’

“What’s wrong with them being unused?” They were still talking about the daggers.

“The commander questioned her if she killed the housemasters. From what I could see she said yes, so, if she killed them. How did she kill them without using any of these daggers?”

“Now I get it. Okay, we should hurry up before [paralyze] wears off. I heard demon foxes are pretty resistant to magic and are good at it also. We should put mana cuffs also just to be safe.”

“Yeah we should. Commander said max security after all.”

Even though I was far away in the cage, lying here still paralyzed, I heard them loud and clear.

‘Must be because I’m a fox and all my senses are higher.’ I still held onto the same answer.

When they came over here, they saw the horses still a little bit bewildered.

“Open the cage, we have to put on the mana cuffs and the horses should calm down. Trust me, I can feel her scary mana even though I don’t have any mana myself.”

When they put the mana cuffs on me, I felt as if some sort of weight was put on me and I found myself unable to move even more and the horses calmed down.

After the paralyzing effect cleared, I was able to move only when we arrived at the city. When I first twitched, that was the [paralyze] wearing off, the four out of five guards immediately jumped and readied their swords. I sat up and looked them in the eyes.

“Hey, are demon foxes supposed to be this scary?” One of them was shaking.

“Yeah, I believe there is a tale about such fox that was able to demolish armies by itself.” Second whispered over to others.

‘That’s what people believe about demon foxes?’ I looked over to the city we just entered, it was the same one that I was with Arisa.

‘Come to think of it, I didn’t see Eris. Only Arisa told me to get to the dining hall and then immediately left herself.’

As gears were clicking in my head we had already arrived at the prison and they were staring at me.

“What do you want?” I asked them in demonic, as it was the only language I could speak.

I could see that one of their buddy’s legs were a bit shaky, so I decided to play a little prank.

“Boo!” I jokingly jumped towards his side.

“Haaaa!” He passed out from fear and fell on the ground.

“You fox! What have you done to him!?” His friend drew his sword and pointed it at me.

One of them sighed, most likely the one who had the highest position or the smartest amongst them.

“He just passed out from fear. She didn’t even use any of that horrendous mana.”

“Anyways.” He ended and started to speak in very hard to understand demonic.

“You. Go in middle. Make any funny movement. We cut you down.”

‘I think he meant sudden. Oh well.’

“Okay.”

I left the cage and stood on the ground. All of them surrounded me and stared at my soul itself. Albeit slowly, but somehow, they threw me in a cell and closed the door. They didn’t even take the mana cuffs.

‘How rude.’

Only now, the gears in my head processed the answer to the riddle as to why I didn’t see Eris today and only Arisa.

‘Eris most likely informed these guards of the attack that they had planned out.’

“Those bitches!” I punched the wall to my left. I didn’t mind the pain.

The guards flinched from my sudden behavior. When they left the underground, I was all alone, at least I thought.

“Wjo ish it?” An old, shaky voice asked me.

“Your worst nightmare, a demon fox.” I didn’t even try speaking politely, as I knew I was in deep trouble right now.

“Ah, I ushed to know a demon foxsh alsho. She wash a beauty. Shadly she disshapeared one night.” Whilst the voice started to reminiscence about the past, I stood up and looked through the bars.

 There was only one lengthy hallway that led to heavy armored doors, which had the stairs that went all the way up to the surface. Along the way to the door there were three more cells like this one. This cell was the farthest away from the door. Since I couldn’t do anything to escape, and even if I tried to escape, I wouldn’t get far with these mana cuffs or whatever. So, I decided to take a nap. I lied down on the cold, and not washed for who knows how long, sone floor and tried sleeping. After thirty minutes of trying, I succeeded.


*POV-Pride*

When I reported Envy’s escape from the mansion to mother, I teleported back to the mansion’s roof. Only to see a fuck-ton of guards around it. I looked around, but didn’t see Envy anywhere.

“Oh no. Mom is going to kill me.”

29