Chapter 8
746 6 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Since I couldn't figure out what I should write for The New Cruel Life, I decided to make a chapter for Envy.

Envy is not going to be alright anytime soon.

Fun fact-GENSHIN IMPACT IS TOO JUICY FOR MY PC TO HANDLE YELAN BOOBA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

 

Bruh~~

*POV-Pride*

“Mom is going to kill me.” This was the first time I had felt scared of something. And that something is mother, she may appear to be really fun to be around, but trust me when I say that you don’t want to see her angry.

“What should I do?” I was almost in full panic mode.

“If they have captured her, I don’t know what are they going to do to her.” I was walking in circles with my head in my arms, just a small leap from full panic.

“I have pride in my abilities, my ass!” I shouted out of frustration.

The guards that were the closest to the mansion heard my voice.

“Hey, did you hear that? What was that? Got any clue?”

“What? I couldn’t hear anything. Maybe just a weird bird, there were rumors that the lord of this mansion conspired with the demons. Maybe a bird from there.”

“Yeah, I guess I’m just being paranoid for no reason.” The other one brushed off his worries.

“Shit, I need to be more careful. Mother said to aid Envy from the shadows. Guess that’s what I’ll be doing then.”

Since my teleportation consumed too much mana, I decided to leave this place mother’s style. With a wreck behind me. I pointed towards the clouds and started chanting.

“Mighty spirits heed my call, and appear before me. JOTARO FORMATION.” I summoned my usual team of battle spirits. A magic circle containing five runes that meant every creature that I was going to summon, appeared. When they appeared, there were five spirits, that consisted of a blue bird, otherwise known as a Melynpau, they are known for their viciousness that falls about third from the most vicious demon species. The demon foxes are of course in the first place for being really vicious and dangerous that their danger threat is at the level of three demon stars. Second spirit was a simple snake that was raised with a blitzkrieg mindset. Third was the strongest out of five, it was Wanyῡdō. (Google it, and also fuck this name, I’m not writing him again. I’ll call him cartwheel.)

Fourth was a demon wolf that had evolved just recently and got a new physique. He had white fur instead of the normal grey one. Fifth was a cat. Just don’t be fooled by her, this girl excelled at illusions.

“Create a way for me to escape through!” I gave them their orders and they dispersed.

‘I really hope Envy is alright.’


Author’s comment.

No, she’s not okay.


*POV-Envy*

When I finally woke up, after who knows how long, my whole body ached from the stone floor. I somehow managed to sit up, and with just that simple gesture I felt at least five different bones crack inside my body.

“Oh fuck. This place is not made for sleeping, yet I did anyways. So, is there anything new?”

I peeked through the cell as much as I could, only to see nothing, not even a single guard. Since I was the only one in this place, I decided to at least try to smash the mana cuffs. I know it sounds futile. But hey, I’m bored.

At first, I hit them against the bars, the huge dark blocks that encased both of my arms didn’t even budge. Instead, a huge shockwave came back at me.

“Awawawa…” I was shaking along with it. Interestingly enough, there was no sound from them colliding.

I inspected them closely and didn’t find a single crack, it was one nice black metal block that was encasing both of my palms.

“Just what are they made of?” That was when I heard the heavy armored door open and close. Then heavy footsteps that were followed along the sound of chains hitting the stone floor. After a couple of seconds, I could see the man who came here. Now that I took a closer look at the man, his face held a small scar on his left cheek under the lip, his eyes were brown yet he was looking at me with a strong will. Of course, he still held his estoc near his waist.

I was staring at him with my reportedly ‘scary’ eyes, yet he didn’t even budge. He finally spoke.

“Come with me, we have to talk about your crimes. You don’t have to talk, as I can’t understand demonic anyways.”

I simply nodded to show that I understood.

Then he revealed what he had behind him which was the culprit of the chain sound. A fucking collar that had a chain attached to it.

“No need to get aggressive, this is so that I can keep an eye on you.” He added.

‘Not that I can do anything about that though.’

He opened the cell and entered it, he stood right in front of me, his chest armor could almost touch my face. Before I could think of anything, I felt something cold around my neck, and it was the collar. When he finally got it on my neck, he left the cell and pulled on the chain with me on the other end. I flew out of the cell and almost fell on the ground. When we arrived near the door, he opened it to reveal the spiral staircase. After climbing that staircase and almost falling for at least, five times due to the safety measures of the stairs. We left the prison and were outside, currently we were in a simple yard where you could see other prisoners spending their time in the yard that was surrounded by a tall wooden wall and there were guards everywhere. You could almost call this a fort of sorts. The man with the estoc walked towards a metal pole that had a net attached. I don’t know for what purpose, but it was there. He locked the chain on it and left towards a small building in the top left side of the yard. Since there was nothing, I could only sit and wait. That was exactly what I did, I sat down in seiza and just sat on the ground, doing nothing, for almost ten minutes. Surprisingly my legs didn’t start hurting or any of the sort, even though seiza puts a really heavy toll on your legs, I was alright. When the man came back, there was another guy who was walking alongside him. He had white, short hair, and a scar on the right cheek in the same place, under the lip, as the estoc man. I heard them talking about something.

“Is she the one?”

“Yeah, she’s the one who-” I couldn’t hear the rest because a gust of wind rushed through and it cut of the sound.

When they finally reached me, I heard.

“Bring her to my work place and I swear I will get out every drop of it.”

‘Every drop of what?’ I thought whilst sitting in seiza.

Estoc man took the chain and pulled on it, I fell on the ground, but luckily, I landed on my side, not face-first. I got up and eyed him to the soul, he didn’t even bat an eye at me. He pulled the chain one more time and started walking towards a building to the far right. When we arrived near it, he gave the chain to the man beside him and he took me inside. Once we entered the building, a strong smell of blood and intestines hit me in the face. Since I had already eaten Elise’s corpse, I knew what smell, what made. So, I wasn’t disgusted by it, I was surprised that there was such a strong smell.

“Okay, let’s take you to your cell.” The man murmured to himself.

After that we went down once again, and that was when the smell got more intense. When we passed the fifth cell that was full of blood. He opened the sixth one and threw me in there without taking off the collar.

‘I wonder, what sort of hell did I got myself into?’

‘Yeah, the possibilities of me being tortured here are 100%. Like, I’m straight in a torture cell. I’m not dumb.’

“Guess, I’ve got to brace myself for the worst.”


*POV-Pride*

When I finally escaped the mansion and got outside of the city I thought of my course of action.

‘I have to find Envy, but when I do what then? Do I foil mother’s plans of Envy getting stronger so that we all can help her during the war?’

“Aaaaah! Mother’s plans are too difficult! Does she know how hard to follow are they!?”

After calming down I continued.

“My best bet is to summon a tracking spirit and find Envy. But how do I find her, I need at least something that would resemble her smell in order to track her”

“Uhhh…”

“FUCK!”

*Cue the madness that ensues in Pride’s mind*

28