3. Opening the Chat Group.
6.9k 9 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ravel tries to appease and cheer him up after his burned wallet tragedy as she told him to take more rest. The reason is, that tomorrow Kaito needs to join the training with the other peerage members as Riser ordered himself. 

Ravel especially mentioned that there's no excuse for Kaito to be absent or Riser would personally burn him again to death.

'Damn it, this fire chicken is surely ruthless' Kaito secretly complained.

However as much as he dislikes the threat Riser gives to him, he still complied with it and promised to Ravel that he would start training with the others from tomorrow. 

Ravel hearing Kaito's response nodded in satisfaction. Shortly after, she leaves the room because she got something to do, and Kaito once again is alone inside the luxurious room.

*Sigh*

Kaito let out of breath as he realizes his situation right now is really bad. He has become a member Riser Peerage. From original story, he knows the best that this man is actually a pervert who actually wants to collect a variety of girls as his harem members. With him, a normal human male without any ability or golden finger... entering his peerage, Kaito can imagine how bad Riser's treatment soon toward him.

'Wait, Power?'

Now Kaito just remembers, that before he got burned alive he should have his golden finger activated. 

'Multiverse Chat Group wasn't it?'

Based on its name alone, he quickly understood what his golden finger does. It is probably a chat group that would be connected to multiple worlds.

*DING*

======

[The Multiverse Chat Group has been opened. Its main function is to connect its user with others from multiple different worlds and realms and help with each other.]

[Inviting 4 new members randomly...]

======

*DING*

======

[Railgun girl] Joined the Chat Group!

[Caped Baldy] Joined the Chat Group!

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl] Joined the Chat Group!

[Baroque Works Leader] Joined the Chat Group!

Basic Function of the Chat Group: Chat Room and Envelope Transfer have been opened!

...

=====

It seems as he predicted, this chat group would help him to get connected with other characters in another multiverse. The character who gets invited seems to be truly random, but Kaito will try to investigate it later.

Kaito who looked at the notification appeared in his mind and quickly analyze the situation in front of him. 

First, Kaito tried to recognize all the people who entered the chat group. 

Railgun girl was very easy to recognize. Kaito thought it should be Misaka Mikoto, A level 5 esper with electromagnetic power from 'A Certain Magical Index' series and protagonist of its side series 'A Certain Scientific Railgun' series.

Railgun was her nickname after all.

Kaito also quickly remembers Caped Baldy should be the nickname for the protagonist of the well-known series, Saitama from One Punch Man.

Well known for his power to solve all of his enemies with a single punch. Kaito feels a bit at ease knowing that one of the members of this chat group is well known as the strongest gag manga protagonist... his power is somewhat reliable after all.

Elementary Grade Magical Girl is quite hard to recognize for Kaito, after all, he remembers there is a lot of series that got an elementary grade magical girl theme on it. For example, there are Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc. Kaito thought he need more information before he could determine the magical girl character's identity.

And lastly, Baroque Works Leader... it is also very easy for Kaito to recognize. He has confidence the identity of the last member should be Warlord Crocodile from One Piece. Again, Baroque Works was a mafia organization from One Piece, and the leader of it is Sir Crocodile.

=====

[Railgun Girl]: "What is this? Does this new technology come from Academic City's upper echelon?"

[Caped Baldy]: "Hmm... Weird stuff appeared in my sight... What is this? Uh, whatever. I should hurry to go to the supermarket for a discount."

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Huh? What the fuck is the thing appears in my sight?"

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "Yuuno said he can't see this weird in his sight. Excuse me, can anyone here explain what is this?"

=====

Kaito calmly observed the chat group and find analyze the basic function of the chat group, chat room, and envelope transfer. The first function is pretty obviously the main function of this chat group, where he could see all the members 'chatting' inside the chat room. 

His prediction about all identities of the members seems correct. The academic city certainly only exists in A Certain Magical Girl Index and its off-canon series. 

Caped Baldy who is rushing toward the supermarket for discounts also a well-known habit from Saitama, the protagonist of One Punch Man.

Baroque Works Leader surely Crocodile from One Piece, without question even without concrete proof.

And lastly, Kaito is aware the identity of the magical girl should be Takamachi Nanoha since she said 'Yuuno' in her chat. Yuuno is the name of a ferret who is partnered with Nanoha during the first arc of Magical Lyrical Nanoha.

Well... watching the chat group members confused about what's going on with the interface that shows up in front of them, It seems rude for him as the owner of this chat group not to introduce himself. 

Looking at the situation, Kaito feel he need to greet all the other members and explained to them what happened in front of them.

After that, Kaito tried to chat inside the chat group but then the system quickly notified him that he need to set a nickname for himself before he was able to chat inside the chat group.

Kaito quickly put 'Owner' as his nickname since he literally the owner of the chat group.

======

[Owner]: "Hello and Welcome to the Chat Group, everyone."

[Railgun Girl]: "Owner? Is that your name or just a title? Does it mean you are the owner of this chat group? Why chat group?!"

[Owner]: "Yeah, I am the owner of this group. However, I am not the one who invites all of you. The invitation process is random.

[Railgun Girl]: "So what you are saying, we are lucky? What is the purpose of this chat group?"

[Owner]: "Of course to connect all the members from multiple different worlds, as the description mentioned."

[Railgun Girl]: "I am still skeptical about that description. Are you sure everyone is from multiple different worlds? That idea seems too noble to be real."

[Owner]: "Yes, it is real."

[Baroque Works Leader]: "Ohh? Interesting. What kind of proof do you have, Owner?"

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "Everyone... Please do not fight!"

[Owner]: "I can't really give a proof, at least until the new function is unlocked. But I know all of your identity which could be used as proof of my statement. 

[Railgun Girl]: "Oh?"

[Owner]: "For example, you are Misaka Mikoto, Level 5 esper 'Railgun', attending Tokiwadai Middle School, a roommate with Shirai Kuroko, and you also like Gekota."

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "Gekota?"

======

*Choke*

...!!

*Cough* *Cough*

Misaka Mikoto who looks at the answer of the owner can't help but get shocked. Unfortunately, she was in the middle of enjoying her milkshake and such a surprising statement made her choke her drink.

"Onee-sama, are you okay?"

Shirai Kuroko who sits on her opposite asked with concern. She is a well-known Judgement member, Level 4 Esper Teleporter, and Misaka Mikoto Dormmate. Also, don't forget she also has a deep love for Misaka Mikoto. Kuroko who noticed that her love, Misaka Mikoto suddenly choke out of nowhere can't help but wondered what is happened.

"I-It is okay, Kuroko. I just get choked." Mikoto replied as she wave her hand, indicating she is okay.

Kuroko nodded and then enthusiastically said, "Ah, Onee-sama you should be careful! Don't worry, I will ask one of the waiters to clean this up."

Mikoto smiled and said, "Also can you get me another milkshake, Kuroko?"

"Your pleasure, Onee-sama!!" 

Kuroko immediately leaves the table and enters the queue to order more milkshakes for her Onee-sama.

...

After making sure Shirai Kuroko was currently occupied with the task she had just given to her, Mikoto came back to the chat group and wondered about the identity of this 'Owner'.

Normally, she wouldn't care about the owner's answer because she know that she was famous in the academy city and almost everyone know her.

However, the fact that she likes Gekota should be a secret, almost no one knows about it except her family (?). And somehow this 'owner' know about it and made her feel embarrassed.

====

[Owner]: "Gekota is Misaka Mikoto favorite stuff. But I won't explain further to avoid shaming her even more."

[Railgun Girls]: "Who are you?! Are you my stalker? Or someone in a high position in academy city?"

[Owner]: "I have said that I am the owner of this chat group."

[Baroque Works Leader]: "To be able to create something like this, you must be very powerful, Owner."

[Elementary Grade Magical Girl]: "Indeed! No one was able to see this chat group aside from me! Not even Yuuno! Everyone was so mean! They thought that I was tired and begin talking nonsense!"

[Railgun Girl]: "Then, Just assume what you said is right, What is the purpose of this chat group?"

[Owner]: "Of course, it is very obvious. It is to connect with each other, the chance to change our fate and help each other."

=====

Kaito naturally doesn't know the actual answer but as the supposed owner of this chat group, he needs to maintain his prestige and convince his member that this chat group is important. Kaito also wondered if he could use the 'envelope' function to send his memory about their 'respective storyline' in the chat group. The moment he thought so, the chat group immediately responded.

*DING*

=====

[As the owner, you have no limitation to sending anything to your chat group member. But the chat group needs to be upgraded for other members to send their memory in the chat group.]

=====

'Huh, that's very convenient.' 

...

141