19. Decision.
3.3k 3 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>>

After beating the disciplinary squad and completing the first optional task, Kaito call Akitsu and Itachi to his room for discussion that night. Three of them sit in a circle facing each other with a serious expressions because they need to decide what kind of action they should do next time

...

"Itachi, what do you think we should do?" Kaito asked Itachi's opinion.

"I think it is better for us to finish the main task as quickly as possible." Itachi quickly answered.

"How about you, Akitsu?" 

Akitsu shook her head and answered, "I will follow my master's wish."

Hearing his teammate's opinion, Kaito nodded and begin to sort a plan to complete the main task. Although, Kaito wondered if he should attempt to complete the remaining optional task beforehand.

The second optional task, Stealing Jinki should be easy for them. Kaito believes with Itachi's ninja prowess it's just a piece of cake to raid the M.B.I building. Only his concern was about if Itachi's illness suddenly break out, so he might need to ask Akitsu to follow Itachi.

As for the hardest optional task, taking ownership of Kouten... This might be completely impossible to achieve. Even if Kaito managed to persuade Miya to give up continuing the Sekirei Plan and become his Sekirei, Kouten was very important for the Sekirei species in this world. 

Kaito remembers correctly that Kouten is not just a normal flying island, but an actual spaceship and also the symbol of authority for the whole species or Sekirei and connection with their power.

Like, if the owner of Kouten wanted to, combined with Jinki, Miya would be able to deactivate all the Sekirei at the same time. Literally ended the Sekirei plan as long she wanted to do it.

Kaito assumed that if he take Kouten away from this world, The whole Sekirei race might just die out. It is impossible for Kaito to do something like that, killing 108 alien girls just for the sake of the optional task.

*DING*

=====

[Listening to the Owner's logical thought, the system decides to fix the problem. When Kouten was taken away from this world, none of the Sekirei would lose their life but they would evolve to become a simple normal human].

Compensation Reward : [Random Equipment Crystal (2*)]

=====

....!!!

'I didn't expect there is something like this!' Kaito thought in excitement.

He didn't expect that his golden finger would listen to his opinion and adjust the task because of it. It even give him a compensation reward, Kaito thought that his system is truly the best! While 2* equipment doesn't sound much help for him, Kaito is still really thankful for the generosity of his golden finger.

...

"Owner, is something happened?" Itachi suddenly asks, interrupting Kaito's hyperia thought. Kaito who just realize that he is in an important discussion quickly calms himself and comes back to the topic.

"N-Nothing. I was thinking if it is possible to complete all the optional tasks before completing the main task together." Kaito answered.

"I will just follow your arrangement. Do you have come up with a plan?" Itachi inquired. Itachi has admitted Kaito is a smart and a good planner, as his plan clearly works perfectly just earlier. Although... Itachi also knows that he was not a good liar, but it just means the owner would be easily trusted.

Kaito nodded confidently and answered, "I am honestly not sure, but at least it should be possible for us to complete the second optional task."

"It was said, Collect at least 4 Jinki before completing the main task... What is Jinki?" 

Kaito who hears Itachi's question quickly explained, "Ah, I forget to explain this. Summary, Jinki aka God Vessel, is a small crystal that was able to control Sekirei and even remove the limiter of any Sekirei. It is a very dangerous item that if it's collected together, the owner would be able to deactivate all the Sekirei core."

Itachi who listened to Kaito explained now aware of how dangerous Jinki is asked again, "Can you tell how many Jinki out there?"

"There is 8. The 7 of them should be still on M.B.I while 1 is on this place, owned by Number 2 Sekirei who hiding on the top." Kaito answered.

"Then, the plan should be to steal from the Jinki from the M.B.I building before they will use them on the plan?" Itachi suggested.

"Exactly. As expected of you, Itachi." Kaito put his thumbs up.

"I assume they will use them, as you are using still on your explanation." Itachi explained.

Speaking of items, Kaito also thought about Kouten. Jinki and Kouten are equally dangerous items in this world. Like, If Kouten was the place to control the Sekirei, Jinki is the key to using it. It was never used in the original story except for lifting the limit of Sekirei at the end, but Kaito knows the story he knows definitely has changed.

Kaito hold his chin and muttered, "Actually now I think about it, it is necessary to steal the Jinki even without the task, due to how dangerous it is."

Itachi nodded in agreement with Kaito and said, "That kind of time would be dangerous on the wrong hand."

Hearing Itachi respond, Kaito answered, "You are right, but that's not only that. Because It doesn't only affect Sekirei, but also it is descendant... Which going to cause a human mass genocide as there is a lot of human being of this world actually descendant of Sekirei."

"..."

Itachi who hear what Kaito just said got his eyes widened in surprise because he didn't expect the problem is much more serious than he thought. 

"We really need to do something about it, Owner." Itachi suggested.

Kaito nodded in agreement and seriously replied, "Yes, I just think of a plan to complete our main task and optional task, but this plan required all of us to move at the same time." 

"I will follow you, master." Akitsu responded. Akitsu eager to move as she doesn't really play a big role in this plan, and Kaito know about that.

"That would be the best if we could benefit from our group task as much as possible." Itachi followed.

Kaito begin to explain as his teammate listened carefully, "For the Jinki of Optional Task, I will leave it to you and Akitsu to rob them from M.B.I. There is also one Jinki on Mutsu, the hidden tenant here. Try to destroy the M.B.I building too... Because stopping the Sekirei Plan was our main task."

"Understood. Then, how about the optional task?" Itachi asked.

"As for the last optional task... Taking over a Kouten, I have an idea but I don't know if it will work well. I will not guarantee that it will succeed, but I will do my best." Kaito answered with ambiguity.

He didn't want to reveal it to Itachi or Akitsu about this, as he know this might be required him to seduce the Number 0 Sekirei by himself. His dignity as the owner of the chat group would be tarnished.

...

While they are still don't know where is Kouten location, Kaito knows that Miya should know about it. 

The safest way is, He needs to find a way how to persuade Miya to give him Kouten ownership to finish the last optional task... Which in theory would be impossible to do without fighting with her.

At the moment, he is also aware that hat Miya the Sekirei Number 1 should be much stronger than him. The system just said that Miya is at 4* strength peak. Unless Kaito used that cursed pink chainsaw which is 4* equipment, he might didn't stand a chance at all!

"When we are going to execute this plan, owner?" Itachi asked him.

Kaito shook his head and answered, "Not yet. Soon, I know a pair of Ashikabi and Sekirei will ask the protagonist to help him to escape from this city. At that moment, M.B.I will put their attention to the protagonist and that would be the perfect time to execute the plan." 

"For now, Itachi keeps monitoring the whole city, and reports to me if something big happened while Akitsu, I might need you to follow Minato's movement and report it to me when he encountered something." 

Hearing Kaito's request, both Itachi and Akitsu nodded at the same time believing in Kaito's plan. So far, none of his plans doesn't work well, so they know that their owner is actually very reliable.

...

After that, Itachi went outside again to carry out his monitoring duty on the city while Kaito and Akitsu stay in their room and take a rest. 

Nothing happened between them though, after all, Kaito is still underage and he also got a reputation on the chat group that he needs to hold. 

Kaito really takes his duty as the owner of the chat group very seriously.

>>>>>

...

On the next day, Both Seo and Mikogami come to visit Izumo Inn together as Kaito promised to explain what happened last night.

"Pardon us." Mutsu said as he opened the door of Izumo Inn for Mikogami.

"Kaito...!! I am here! You owe us an explanation here!" Mikogami yelled right after he entered the house. 

At that time, Kaito who does his best to get close with the landlady currently helped her in the kitchen, and Mikogami's yell literally ruined his chance for that. Kaito tried to ignore them for a while, but Miya seems to dislike it.

*PLAK*

...!!!

"Ouch! M-Miya-san?" Kaito rubbed his head after getting knocked with kitchen utensils by Miya.

"It seems your friend has come to visit. You should greet them."

"B-But, I am currently helping you in the kitchen"

"I am thankful for your help Kaito-san, but you need to know the priority. Don't worry, I will also prepare tea for our guest." Miya explained calmly, but there was a shadow of hanya hanging behind her, scaring Kaito out of his mind.

"A-Alright! Just call me when you changed your mind Miya-san!"

"KAITO-SAN!"

Hearing Miya insists to refuse his offer, Kaito smiled wryly and quickly left the kitchen before Miya hit him again. Still, Kaito could tell that he begin to feel a connection with Miya like he felt with Akitsu, and no doubt Miya probably also feel the same. 

This is a good sign for Kaito to complete the 3rd optional task.

...

As Kaito arrived in the lobby, Seo and Mikogami already sitting enjoying snacks and tea, probably brought out by Mikogami Hayato. 

"Yo, Devil boy." Seo raises his hand greeting Kaito who just entered the room.

"Kaito. You are finally here!" Mikogami followed and waved his hand at Kaito.

Kaito nodded, take a sit, and replied, "Hello... Seo-san, Mikogami-san, Mutsu is not with you?"

Mikogami shook his head and answered, "Mutsu is in the garden with your male Sekirei... They said they wanted to exchanging blade?? Well... I can tell that your Sekirei is very strong, it is good for Mutsu to learn a trick from him." 

"Understandable."

Kaito hummed and then take one of the snacks on the table to enjoy it. Itachi probably had something in his mind to do something like that, so Kaito has no reason to interfere. Kaito always could tell what happened in here later on.

*Nom*

"Well... I can start to explain, but Minato Nii-san is not here." Kaito explained while eating the snack.

"Where is that Sahashi boy? I thought we have a promise to meet here." Seo asked.

"Well... He went outside in the early morning with Musubi... It seems Minato got a dream again, connected to his another destined Sekirei." Kaito answered.

Hearing Kaito answer, Seo clicked his tongue and commented, "Tch, that repeater boy going to gather harem by himself."

Due to interference from Kaito last night, it seems Minato getting his Sekirei faster than normally should happen. Normally, it would take more than 2 days before Minato contacted his other Sekirei, and even after that, it takes a while for Minato to decide wing Tsukiumi. 

However, today Minato immediately wants to find the Sekirei in his dream without hesitation unlike the original. Kaito assumes Minato has a sense of how serious the problem of this Sekirei plan is after witnessed his battle last night against the disciplinary squad.

It is a subtle change from the story, but still, a change caused by him.

Kaito shrugged and continue said, "Well... that's it. Should we continue on our own? Don't worry, I will inform Minato nii-san when he comes back."

Mikogami raise his hand and asked, "Before that... Should we help Minato, first?"

Kaito who already expected this question quickly replied, "Don't worry, I have told Akitsu to follow them. After all, we are an ally."

That's also the reason why Kaito dares to flirt with Miya in the early morning. Kaito finds out that his Sekirei is quite easy to get jealous of despite her emotionless face and that would ruin his chance to get close with Miya. Kaito already explained that it was for the sake of the task, but Akitsu just didn't care about it. 

Besides, with it... Kaito also successfully gives Akitsu a significant role in the plan and removes her hidden dissatisfaction with her own role in this task. Honest to earth, Itachi is arguably better at tailing people, but since it's both Minato and Sekirei who had simple minds, it should be easy for Akitsu to tail and not be discovered by them.

Mikogami who hear Kaito answer clap his hand and responded, "Ah, that explains why there is no Sekirei around you today."

"Not that I need them to protect myself to begin with, you know?" Kaito smirked.

Aside from Miya and Karasuba (who fell into a coma after Itachi Tsukiyomi), Kaito believes he could handle everything in this world. 

No wonder, the difficulty is set to easy in this world.

...

>>>>>

92