109. Learning About the ‘Future’ and Change of the Group Task.
673 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>>>>>

While he is confused about what is happening in this world, Kaito still manages to calm himself down and then decides to get along with the situation.

"Ano... Hakaze-san, right? My name is Kaito, that's indeed true." Kaito nodded and then looked at her with a suspicious gaze, "But how do you know my name and what kind of help do you want me to help with?"  

"Ah... I am sorry. It's obvious you didn't know me yet." 

Hakaze sighed a little bit and then answered, "As for the reason why I know you because, in the future, you will be one of our allies, Magician from Another World."

"Magician of Another World..."

Hearing the way she called him, Kaito actually quite satisfied with his nickname although he was technically more into swordsmanship than magic, "So you know my identity, but why do you say we are allies?"

"About that... In the future, the Tree of Genesis will threaten the world and we are together on a mission to defeat it in order to survive."

"...Future? Tree Genesis? What is happening? Can you explain it to me?" 

"Ah... That's it... It would be a long story..."

"How about you continue to explain to me what happened in my apartment?" Kaito suggested and pointed to his apartment from afar, "It's quite close to here. Also, a street is not a good place to discuss something."

Hakaze who knows it's no good to continue to stay in the street quickly agrees with him and follows to his apartment. After that, she explained what would happen in the future, why she came to him at first and what is the problem she wanted him to solve.

...

>>>>>

After listening to the story from Hakaze, Kaito learned that his existence in this world in this era actually made some butterfly effect for the future-- and a very big one on top of that.

*Sip*

"So. I am the primary suspect in Aika's murder, huh?" 

Kaito muttered while sitting in front of Hakaze face to face on a table. Hakaze smiled wryly, also taking a sip, and commented, "Unfortunately, yes you are Kaito."

Apparently, thanks to the fact Kaito was often seen last time with Aika by police investigations, both duo protagonists thought him as the suspect or even the actual murderer. It's become even more convincing that after Aika's death, Kaito's existence can't be found anywhere on earth... as if it's disappeared and never existed in the first place.

Fortunately, there is not much change to the plot except for the reason. Instead of finding the cause of Aika's death, Mahiro becomes obsessed with finding him since he thinks of Kaito as Aika's murderer or at least someone who knows the truth.

...

"Well... I feel bad for those boys, but let me tell you first, Although I know her, I don't have any intention to kill Aika." Kaito quickly confessed but Hakaze didn't seem surprised at all.

"I know." Hakaze nodded in agreement and then complained, "I already told Mahiro that Aika murdered should be either our clan members or Mage of Exodus, not you who are a different kind of magician from us, Kusaribe clan."

Kaito who knows the 'plot' obviously aware of Hakaze's method of detecting Aika's murderer' just nodded and commented, "I see. They are stubborn people, huh?"

"Indeed. It wasn't until you appeared in front of them and solved the misunderstanding that they finally let you go." 

Kaito raised his eyebrow in surprise, "Me? Appeared in front of them? Aika's brother and her boyfriend?"

"Yes. Your first appearance in front of us was when you saved Mahiro and Yoshino's lives from the Tree of Genesis and Exodus fighting with each other in Kusaribe village."

"..."

Hearing Hakaze answer, Kaito immediately understands what's going on. His future self knows appearing in front of the protagonist does nothing good when he is still suspected by them, so he decides to appear in crucial times to save their life to make a first good impression.

But this actually raises another question to solve. Why does his future self want to save the protagonist duo? Aika request? That's actually possible... but to become their allies in order to defeat the Tree of Genesis... there is only one logical explanation for him doing such a thing.

To prove his conjecture, Kaito quickly opened the group task detail again and sure enough, the second content of the main task had been added.

=====

Task Detail: Fulfill Chat Group member Aika's Wish and Defeat Tree of Genesis.

Task Completion: The condition of 'Fuwa Aika' of faking her death is achieved in 'Zetsuen no Tempest' world and Eradicate Tree of Genesis from Earth.

*An identical body of [Magician of Exodus] has been prepared in order to finish the first main task.*

*For the second main task, The Tree of Exodus can only be defeated after it wakes up a year later.*

* Due to the Task circumstances, participants of the group task can freely enter or exit the world at any time.*

Time Limit: None.

Participation Limit: 2 members (Including the member who currently resides in the destination world.)

Task Difficulty: Easy.

Task Failure: Any act against Fuwa Aika's wish has the potential to trigger task failure conditions.

Reward: 12000 Points to all of the participants.

Failure Punishment: [Magician of Exodus] will be kicked from the chat group.

----

Optional Task (Can be Ignored):

1. Become the allies of the protagonist.

2. Contribute a major part to defeating the Tree of Genesis.

Optional Task Completion Reward:  New feature unlocked in the chat group.

----

=====

After reading the more detailed group task, Kaito can't help but frown, especially after reading how specific the optional task required action was and the task failure condition.

'With these kinds of group tasks, everything that happens in the future indeed does make sense... but the system this time is really against my plan for Aika huh?' Kaito thought depressedly.

While the task itself is clearly not as hard as one he got in Sekirei's world, which only required him to act and follow the script and oddly restrict his action--- the problem is that the task failure condition was based on Aika's wish which make him helpless with the situation. 

His initial plan was to put both Aika's brother and boyfriend on the base world (and family) in the base world while the rest of the chat group solved the crisis in her world together. The same kind of plan he proposed to Itachi back then, but now it's impossible to do since this kind of plan is clearly against Aika's wish.

Kaito has no doubt that if he still persists in running his plan, the group task failure condition will be triggered by the system. The failure punishment is not something he wants to happen at all, since if Aika got kicked from the chat group-- she probably would kill herself for real and no one could stop her.

The only way to make his plan work is probably by persuading Aika to change her wish, but Kaito also doubts that would be easy to do either... considering almost all members did suggest her to stop yet it doesn't change her decision. 

...

"Kaito, you have been quiet for a while. Do you have any questions about my story?" 

Looking at Kaito who was absentminded for a while, Hakaze calls him out, which makes him go back to reality.

"Ah, I am sorry." Kaito quickly apologized and then suddenly thought of an idea, "I do have one question for you."

"Just say it."

"You want my help to prevent Aika's death... because in the future I told you to ask my help, right?" Kaito inquired.

"Yes. Before time travel happened, your future self told me to find you first because according to him, with you, I would have more manpower to prevent Aika's death." Hakaze confirmed his sentence.

"I think I have figured out what is happening... especially when you said the murderer should ne either Magician of Genesis or Exodus." Kaito nodded in understanding and then said, "First, I think my future self has lied to you."

"What do you mean?"

"Think about this. You said that my future already knew your identity in the first time meeting, so it means he should have already met you in the past... which is now."

"Also, unfortunately, maybe my future doesn't tell you... but I think the real purpose is because he wants you to know the truth before confronting Aika."

"The truth?"

"Yeah." Kaito nodded and then stared at her seriously, "Did you know that Aika is the magician of Exodus of this generation and she is also really strong? Even I would have a hard time trying to beat her, you know?"

"Wait... what?!" 

Hearing his statement, Hakaze was genuinely shocked as she opened her mouth and eyes wide, didn't expect such a plot twist at all. 

Meanwhile, Kaito already expected her reaction, gestured for her to calm down, and then said, "Sit down and let me tell you my idea of what is actually happening with Aika's death." 

"After that, we will confront Aika together to stop the tragedy from happening."

...

After that, Kaito explained his idea (which is actually the truth) about the mystery behind Aika's death to Hakaze, while also instilling some idea to her to make a bit of change for the future. 

For example, introduce a polygamy relationship concept and convince her it's one of the best ways to solve the situation.

...

>>>>>

Info dump chapter isn't fun to write but it is what it is. I will make sure to update twice a week during this mini-arc if nothing bad happens.

Spoiler

As the task stated, mc will be back to this world a year later when the plot time actually started. Funny enough, a year later is also time for high school DxD plot start. Yes, there would be a bit of time skip after everything has settled down, probably after Magical Lyrical Nanoha World if I dont change my outline plan.

[collapse]

Thanks for reading!

24