Chapter 6
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our talk, Kara and I flew into the city, both in our super suits. We began our first patrol of the city after coming out as heroes. The first fight that we got into was us against a masked group of corner store robbers.

Kara set herself down on the ground and just walked into the line of gunfire, allowing the bullets to hit her and fall to the ground, crushed. I allowed her to deal with the situation, punching the robbers to unconsciousness and crushing their guns with her bare hands as I watched, grading it.

She flew into the sky, waiting to hear of another crime that she could stop or people she could save, through the coms that I had connected to our phones and the police scanners in my lair. I flew next to her and began my report on her actions. "It would have been easier for you to superspeed around them and take all of their weapons, not even letting them get a shot off."

"Do you really have to do this, Winn? I stopped the bad guys, isn't that all that matters?" She asked me, annoyed at what I was saying to her. I could tell that she did not see what could have happened, which made me even more insistent on the after-action report.

"Kara, what if they had taken a hostage or missed you and hit someone behind you? They could have killed someone because you didn't take them down as fast as you could." She looked down, ashamed and guilty at what she had done. I flew closer to her and put my hand on her shoulder. "This is only your first time, Kara. No one got hurt and you stopped the bad guys, so you're doing great. This will just make you even greater." She turned and smiled at me, her dimples shining in the sunlight.

*******************************************************************************************************

For the past few hours, Kara and I had been flying around the city, fighting the good fight. We had already stopped a high-speed chase and saved a few people from a crash. We had just heard about an apartment fire and were about to go to help who we could.

We passed firefighter trucks on our way to the fire and a quick thought about some of my abilities caused me to use aerokinesis to lift a firefighter truck with me as we flew. I laid it on the grow as Kara dropped to the ground and ran into the building to save whoever she could.

"Turn on the hose!" I yelled to the firefighters. They raced over to the hose and turned it on, letting the water flow through it. I let the stream go on for a minute, before using my hydrokinesis to manipulate the water into a ball and condense it. The water swirled and collected around my hands before I shot them off through the windows, letting them explode in the houses and drenching the apartments in water, putting out the fires.

With that, Kara and I spent the next 15 minutes bringing out the people that were previously trapped in a fire, now soaking wet. Kara walked out of the building, a coughing baby in her hands as the ambulances began to pull up. "Katrina!", an Asian mother screamed as she ran towards Kara holding her baby. Kara handed over the baby girl to her mother, as the mother hugged her baby to her chest. "Thank you!" She screamed to Kara, as she raised her head to the sky and flew off.

******************************************************************************************************

As Kara and I flew around the city, the sky darkening to night as sunset had passed an hour ago, I had got a call. I tapped the communicator in my ear. "Hello?"

That is when I heard the voice of someone that I was dreading to hear from all day. "You couldn't tell me, hmmm? The biggest scoop on the planet, a tag-team duo of superhero and superheroine, and you didn't tell me?! Are you trying to get me mad at you?" Cat shrilly screamed, her voice causing me to wince.

I caught Kara's attention by swirling the air in front of her. I put myself on mute, "Kara, I'm dealing with a bit of a situation here, so I'm going to stop for tonight and deal with it."

She raised her eyebrow, "Is everything alright?" I smiled at the change that I saw in her. Using her powers and being a hero was good for her, it had given her enough confidence to be herself.

"Everything is okay. It's just that Cat needs me to come in right now to solve a problem at work." I told her, not wanting to tell her about Cat.

"Okay, Winn, I'll see you later." She flew closer and gave me a quick peck on the lips before hurriedly flying away, her cheeks flush. I chuckled for a moment at her adorableness before taking a deep breath and unmuting myself.

"I'm coming right now. Where are you?" It took a moment before she replied to me.

"Why can't I come to you?" she asked, her voice a decibel higher than normal. Damn it, Cat.

"Tell me where you are, Catherine." I could hear the journalist in her fight to get the story of a lifetime and finally beating Lois Lane fight against her desire to lie to me about where she was. Ultimately, the journalist won. "I am in my office."

I scoffed and shook my head, "Didn't we talk about this, Catherine? You promised me that you wouldn't be taking overtime and would go home and spend some time with William." She just hung up the phone, causing me to shake my head. I flew towards Cat-Co, readying myself for the barrage of Cat's questions, not knowing what Kara was about to go through during our separation.

0