46. Talk
569 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the end, Feng Ning shook her head.

“That’s good.” Lin Zi Xuan raised his hand, intending to rub Feng Ning’s head but stopped. He didn’t know whether the young woman would allow him to touch her ever again, especially after he had admitted that he had the plan to kill her in the beginning.

Would she be afraid of his touch?

With that in mind, Lin Zi Xuan retracted his hand.

Feng Ning looked at his hand for a moment then crouched down and started to work on her garden. There were not many variety, but those who studied medicine would know that they were used to make medicines.

Watching her able to act so nonchalant even though she might have been afraid of him, Lin Zi Xuan really didn’t know what he was supposed to do about Feng Ning’s behavior.

He found her adorable.

Yet, a bit helpless at times.

“There are a lot of medical herbs here. Do you like to raise them?”

Feng Ning glanced at Lin Zi Xuan and nodded quietly. Tending plants had become her hobby ever since she came to this world. There were no entertainments like in her previous world, but there were some other things that she could do.

She even felt that her hobby had somehow become more dignified.

Tending plants, painting, reading…

It seemed that the difference in upbringing caused her to grow interest in these things that she never paid that much attention to in the past.

Lin Zi Xuan was also looking at it with interest, but he kept his distance. He didn’t want to scare Feng Ning. “Have you heard of the disease breakout at the far west?”

“I have.”

“Are you planting these to help them?”

“Mhm.” Feng Ning nodded. She had all the time to relax and do anything she wanted. Planting some herbs was a nice activity. “I… want to… find an easier… cure.”

“I see.” Lin Zi Xuan looked at his wife and smiled.

For the first time in his life, he felt that he could be so patient when facing someone. He didn’t want to scare her nor hurt her, so he waited at the side while his mind thought about the disease report.

He then talked about the progress of the cure and the lockdown that was implemented based on the plan that Feng Ning gave a few years prior. Most of the time, he would be talking while Feng Ning was listening.

She only spoke occasionally with short words.

But whenever she spoke, Lin Zi Xuan would stop talking and listened carefully. He felt that his wife is really smart and had so many good ideas. Even if she didn’t have proper education like the other ministers, her knowledge far surpassed them.

If she was born as a man, Lin Zi Xuan believed that she would have been his right hand on the ministry. There was no way he could possibly let such a talent go.

But because she’s his wife, what he wanted was for her to just stay by his side. Whether she had this knowledge or not is not important. As long as she was willing to stay with him, he would not require her to do anything.

What a strange feeling.

Lin Zi Xuan never thought that he would ever feel wanting to take care of a woman so badly. Being born as a child that was nothing more than a tool in his mother’s hand and also the disgrace in his father’s eyes, he had long gotten used to be alone.

He didn’t need anyone.

But the more he stayed with Feng Ning, the more reluctant he is to part with her.

He knew how much nonsense and troubles he had caused by coming here. But he didn’t want to let her go. As long as she didn’t completely reject him, there was still a chance for him.

That was what Lin Zi Xuan wanted to hold.

Thunk!

Imperial Doctor Wu was staring at the two people with mouth agape. He was worried when he heard that the Emperor came over once more, so he decided to pay a visit to Feng Ning once more.

But the scene in front of him…

Was clearly not something he would dare to imagine even in his wildest dream.

The Emperor was giving report to his wife while she was giving some ideas. It looked like he was having a discussion with his wife with the one at the higher status was Feng Ning.

Besides… who would dare to make the Emperor stand up for so long aside from his wife.

‘I really can’t understand them.’

Imperial Doctor Wu stood in his place.

“Imperial Doctor Wu.”

“Prime Minister Yan?” Imperial Doctor Wu was surprised. “I didn’t expect to see you here.”

Prime Minister Yan nodded and glanced at the two people in front of him with a bitter smile. It had never crossed his mind that there would be a day when he saw the Emperor being like this.

“I’m here to deliver some reports.” Prime Minister Yan sighed. “His Majesty would like to have his review report done here for a few days.”

Imperial Doctor Wu was speechless.

Prime Minister Yan himself was helpless at the Emperor’s decision. But seeing the harmonious scene in front of him, he felt that the real reason why the Emperor wanted to come here is because of the Empress.

Who said that the marriages of high ranked nobles are nothing more than a show?

He felt that whoever saw the scene in front of him right now would think that the two of them truly suited each other and cared for one another.

8