Chapter 8
6.8k 7 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I see”, I said in a small voice, all my hopes were destroyed, not that I hoped it would have succeeded 100% but I felt hopeless, I just couldn’t take it anymore so I got up and said, “Then I’ll take my leave”, before turning to leave.

 

“Wait”, said Rias, “What?”, I said, I was annoyed so my voice sounded a bit harsh but honestly I didn’t care at that moment, my emotion got the better of me.

 

“I said I don’t accept your deal, however I am offering you something else in return”, Rias said calmly.

 

“An offer?”, I said interested, “What kind of offer?”, I asked.

 

Rias smiled and said, “ Instead of just telling me the details of the future, why don’t you join my peerage and shape the future with us?”

 

I was dumbfounded and asked, “But why? I don’t even have sacred gear, nor do I have reputation at being good at anything, so why would want me too join your peerage?”

 

Rias smiled and said, “Because you are brave and kind, you were able to tell us your secret, even though you might have suffered and yet you conquered your fear and told to us, and you said the future to save Issei from being badly injured, since you knew the future you could have told us any other time but chose the day you got your memories so that Issei could be saved”.

 

I felt very guilty on hearing that so I looked on the ground and said, “That’s That’s not true, I am telling you the future for my and my family’s sake, I am not brave at all, it’s just that I was so desperate that I found  that to be my only option for survival and about Issei ,well I would have felt guilty if the knowledge I have could save him and didn’t do anything about that”.

 

Issei looked like he was going to say something but shut up when Rias gave him a b’be quiet’ look.

 

Rias smiled and said, “Even so I want you in my peerage, with your help we can win our upcoming battles, I Rias Gremory promise to treat you well, so do you accept?”.

 

I looked at her, well I’s not a bad idea I thought myself, this is more than I can hope for, being personally involved will keep the situation, so I smiled and said, “I accept”.

 

“Great then you will be my knight, let’s begin, she happily said.

 

“Actually about that, I want to be your second Rook instead, cause you see, in the near future you will have a Bishop and a Knight, both very suitable for their positions, so I don’t want to take their positions, besides I prefer the strength and durability of the Rook”, I said.

 

“You have thought this through, were you already expecting to be a member?”, Rias asked with a smile.

 

“No no, I didn’t think of that honest, I just think that’s the most logical solution based on what I know”, I said hurriedly.

“Ufufu I know I was just joking, so rook it is”, Rias laughed and said.

 

Then I went in front of her desk, she put the Rook in my hand and casted the spell to make me a peerage member, a magic circle formed below my feet and the Rook piece, floated and went inside my chest and a lot of red light was emitted, after that  I felt a large surge of energy within me.

 

“Welcome to my peerage, my Rook, Akira Suzuki”, said Rias. Everyone else said congratulations.

 

Then Rias gave me a smile and said , “ Now it’s time to show me your sacred gear”.

116