Chapter 28
3.8k 2 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We stood in front of Gasper’s room. The door was wooden and was locked with a chain and a lock.  There was also yellow tapes saying keep out attached all over the wall, the kind you would see in a crime scene.

 

Rias stood in front of the door and turned to my direction and asked, “ I am asking this for the final time. Are you sure about this? I am sure you know the seal breaks at night and he is allowed to wonder around the building but yet he doesn’t want to come out”.

 

I nodded. Issei asked, “ So he’s a Hikikomori?”

 

“But, he is making the most money out of all of us”, said Akeno.

 

Issei with a surprised look said, “What? Seriously?”.

 

Kiba added, “ He makes special contracts via the internet”.

 

Issei said, “Well it’s a shame it’s a guy, I was looking forward to another cute girl in our group”.

 

I smiled at Issei and said, “Well you’d be surprised”.

 

Issei looked confused and a bit irked, “What’s that supposed to mean?”.

 

I just said, “You will know that when you see him in person”.

 

Issei was about to say something but stopped.

 

Rias said, “ You know I can’t release him right? It was my brother’s order”.

 

“I know, I know that’s why I said let’s just talk with him first, and when you feel like you can control him or when he can control his powers or when your brother thinks he can control his powers then you can release him”, I replied with a smile.

 

Rias nodded and went in front of the door and knocked and said, “ Good evening Gasper it’s me Rias, you know how I have two new peerage members, well they want to say hi”.

 

A moment of silence then…

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…I don’t want to go outside I want to stay here”, Gasper’s voice suddenly rang out.

 

Rias shook her head and sighed and said, “Gasper don’t worry you don’t have to come out, they just want to speak to you, so they’ll speak through the door”.

 

A second of silence…

 

“O..Ok if that’s how it is I-I can…”, Gasper’s shaky voice came out of the room.

 

Rias smiled and said, “ First let me introduce to you two..”, she looked at us and put a hand in front of the door saying, “This is my bishop Gasper Vladi, he was a half-vampire and half-human before he was reborn, he is a freshman at Ku-oh academy”.

 

“A vampire?”, Issei asked with an incredulous look.

 

Rias nodded.

 

I decided to go first. I walked up to the door, Rias moved aside. I knocked once and said, “ Nice to meet you Gasper. I am Akira Suzuki Buchou’s rook, you must have heard of me from Buchou, I just came to introduce myself in person”

 

Gasper’s voice came out, “Y-yes I have heard of you Akira-senpai, n-nice to meet you too”.

 

Seeing this Issei decided to move forward.

 

He came to the door beside me knocked and said, “Hello Gasper, I am Issei Hyoudou, you can call me Ise, I am Buchou’s pawn, nice to meet you, I want to become Harem King in the future”.

 

“N-nice to meet you too Ise-senpai”, said Gasper.

 

“Can I call you Gya-suke?”, asked Issei.

 

“Y-yes if you want Ise-senpai”, Gasper said.

 

Rias clapped her hands together and said, “Well then, introductions over, let’s meet tomorrow”.

 

Issei said, “Wait Buchou you haven’t yet said what Gya-suke’s power? Why is it considered powerful and dangerous?”.

 

“Forbidden Balor View”, Akeno said and she continued, “ It’s his sacred gear, dubbed the ‘Evil Eye of the Inert World’. When he’s distressed, he can stop anything within his sights for a period of time and Gasper-kun can’t control his power so he is confined in this room”.

 

“I see”, said Issei looking sad, it looked like he felt sorry for Gasper.

 

Well I think his life is sad too to be honest, so I want to help him if I can.

 

“Ok let’s get going or we’ll be late for school tomorrow”, said Rias.

 

Everyone turned to leave.

 

But I thought of something and said, “Um Buchou can I stay back and talk to Gasper-kun for some time, I need to talk to him about what I know and stuff”.

 

Rias looked at me, then was thinking something , after that she sighed and said, “Ok you can talk to him but don’t be late”.

 

“Yes, I will be quick, thanks Buchou”, I said happily.

 

Buchou looked at me and smiled and nodded and then turned and left with everyone.

 

Now it was me and Gasper alone on the other side of the door at this place.

 

“Um Gasper can we talk?”, I asked with caution.

 

“Y-Yes senpai I am listening”, Gasper answered.

 

“So did Buchou tell you about my secret?”, I asked Gasper.

 

“N-No what secret?”, Gasper asked.

 

So Rias didn’t tell him anything. She really kept the promise. I am glad but she could have told Gasper I guess but I guess she thought this was my secret to tell.

 

Well anyway let’s do it. I thought with determination in my mind.

 

“Ok then Gasper, will you listen to my story?”, I asked Gasper.

 

“Y-Yes I will senpai”, said Gasper.

 

So I told my whole story to Gasper.

 

He continued to listen in silence.

“…………so I kind of know your past too, I just wanted o let you know that”, I finished my story with that.

 

There was a minute of silence.

 

Then Glasper spoke, “You are so brave senpai”.

 

I was shocked o hear that, I didn’t expect that all.

 

“You were not sure if telling Buchou the truth would be bad or good, it could have been dangerous but you were still brave enough to tell her, I wish I was like you”.

 

I said, “It’s not like that, I knew something which could make me be able to protect myself and my parents, if I haven’t done something despite know it, I know I would have regretted it later”.

 

“I wish I was like you but I am a coward I can’t even come out in front of people let alone talk to them, and my power is  dangerous I am a nuisance and a burden to everyone”, said Gasper in a low voice.

 

“It’s ok you don’t have to be like me. Everyone is different and you can be braver step by step. If you get over your fear little by little, I am sure you can meet with people later. And who said your power is dangerous? It’s great, it’s cool, I wish I had power like that. If you can concentrate on controlling that power you can stop our  opponents from moving and then we can finish them off. Your power is a great to us Gasper, never let anyone tell you otherwise”, I said, these were my honest thoughts.

 

“I-I can talk to people? M-My power is an asset?”, Gasper asked in a surprised and hopeful tone.

 

“Yes of course, you just need to get rid of your fear and learn to control your power. It’s ok you don’t have to rush it, do one step at a time and finally you will succeed”, I said confidently.

 

“For starters , every night when the seal  breaks try moving around in this corridor on your own, no one is here, that should help you to build your confidence in leaving the room for now”, I suggested.

 

“O-Ok senpai thanks for the suggestion I’ll try it from tomorrow”, said Gasper with a little confidence in his voice.

 

So I did manage to build up a little confidence in him I am glad. But it’s late I’ll have to get going.

 

“Ok then Gasper I have to go now so good bye. Can I visit you everyday before going back home?”, I said.

 

“Oh good bye senpai and yes you can visit me everyday, thank you again for what you said”, said Gasper.

 

“No problem, goodbye”, I said and left. With the thought that I managed to help Gasper I went home in high spirits.  

100